My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cockwomble is one of my favourites as is felcher I tend to dip between really truly horrible but Estonia swearwords or creative insults.

Asking someone if their knuckles hurt when they walk for example or asking if your mum and dad get divorced will they still be brother and sister tend to get my point across.

The best for Britishness is "pillock"

Imagine my amusement upon discovering the exercise called piloxing. Pillocksing, more like.

Also, I printed myself a satellite photo of the abandoned proving ground off Google, and of course it came out without the goddamned scale. Since the distance between two specific firing positions in the trenches was shown to be approx. 10 meters on the computer, I measured it on the printout with a ruler and from that, I marked a ballpark estimate of 30m and 50m distances for testing my Winchester and Ruger.

Another problem is that there's no bike rent station anywhere near the proving ground, despite it being right next to a goddamned military academy, so a pretty well lived-in place. So, I have to take the bus there, and walk a fair bit.

I still have to sit at work for over an hour and I'm running out of Pepsi.

I printed myself a satellite photo of the abandoned proving ground off Google, and of course it came out without the goddamned scale. Since the distance between two specific firing positions in the trenches was shown to be approx. 10 meters on the computer, I measured it on the printout with a ruler and from that, I marked a ballpark estimate of 30m and 50m distances for testing my Winchester and Ruger.

Did you measure it using the googlemaps ruler function?

I have been recalling all my favourite sniper shots from my airsofting career and measuring them on googlemaps.

Seriously fed up with the random ' Hoorah', ' Get some', ' Take that -insert name here-', 'Hell yeah', 'Aweshuuuuum' on the web.

Okay, so you just made a witty comment or shot some fizzy drink bottles or revved some stupidly high powered engine... and you just *fruitcage*ed it all up with such a childish empty remark.

Allow me to roll my eyes. 

Another one: please tell me al the shooters in gun video's clean up there destroyed milk jugs and paint cans? 

Tell me they collect their shot brass? I like gunvideo's as anyone else here but the amount of destroyed mannequins, cars, tumble dryers and fridges that could be recycled instead of shot to pieces is disturbing.

Apparently their viewers 'demand' this... 

With allot of stuff like big electrical items the places are now charging obscene amounts to recycle rather than the old days when they could be sold for scrap, old cars, fridges and freezers are the worst for that.

As for brass it's the only way to shoot economically really either save it and send it to a comercial reloaded for a discount or reload yourself.

There's a cool trick to turn .22 rim fire casings into jackets for .223 rounds I saw online the other day.

Plus of course some things iv worked with over the years I can really really see the attraction of blowing the *suitcase* ot of the piece of junk when I finally snap and lose my temper with it.

My Winchester broke. I wiped the barrel using the cleaning rod and some cut-up cotton buds, and now BBs are falling out of the barrel after reloading.

I filled the RMA form and will be sending it back on Monday.

Droid... um. I didn't know that.

When we buy electrical equipment there's a 'recupel' cost included in the price. In effect you pay for recycling on everything you buy but only a small amount. A few euro's max.

I kind of took it for granted every western country had a government funded recycling facility. It is quite upsetting and sad that this isn't the case :s. 

Likr most green things that sound like good ideas, they start out with funding and 'encouragement techniques' (tax breaks and discounts on new products) and over time that money gets shunted off to the next shiny big thing. Meanwhile thw government is so enamoured with this Green idea they mandate it so only licensed people and controlled places can dispose of these evil dangerous refrigerant gasses and/or motor oil/car batteries etc.

Once it's mandated they realise it's a captive marker and that they can fund their next big green idea by charging people for using the service.

It's how recycling in the uk went from a voluntary extra box alongside your weekly garbage pickup to now a box and an extra bin on a collection rota so your main bin is only emptied once a fortnight and if you have the tenacity to have more rubbish than will fit in said bin, they won't take it...

So in two weeks time you have 4 weeks worth of rubbish to dispose of oh and if you put any of it in the recycling bin that shouldn't be there or you put recyclables in the main bin they then start to fine the *suitcase* out of you.

at the same time they make the use of burn bins for waste harder and harder to use legally.

Whilst at the same time the government funded 'recycling centres' which are setup for you to take stuff starts making arbitrary decisions about what is a legit private vehicle and what's 'obviously commercial' and thus charging you to dispose of items that couldnt be fit in the main garbage or aren't legally permissable thrown into main garbage.

But of course they are happy to give me annother bin if I 'show good reason' oh yeah..... and pay *fruitcage*loads for it.

The only euro idea in terms of a deposit on the disposal costs I agree with is drinks bottles. The responsible return machines where you get a voucher for the deposit or the deposit back.

Mainly because it's something that the manufacturers have an interest in funding as they can setup bottle reclaim systems to get their branded bottles back like BARR do here. Which means that I'm actually as a consumer going to get heavyweight glass that won't shatter when the bag slides 3 centimetres in the boot and gently kisses a glass in annother bag and in soda trms at least generally getting a better product than in the plastic.

What the taxes for ethical disposal do is worse for the enviroment imo because it increases the cost of new more energy efficent appliances.

I sound cynical but most of what the government do whilst trumpeting its greenness is just going to make things either a. More difficult for me b. Make the service I already pay for more expensive c. Make it more difficult to access or D. All of the above.

Plus to be honest.. If it's on my land and it isn't stolen property and it's done safely me pumping 30 or 40 rounds into an old car or fridge and videoing it isn't to me the worst thing in the world.

(By safely I mean, take the fuel oil and battery out unless testing something that requires it running, observe all safety precautions with the weapons)

The only thing I will say is if it involves glass or similar stuff and your land is accessible and inhabited by animals put a tarp down so it can be collected up and binned afterwards.

This reninds me actually I used a 410 to dispose of some stuff for my dad a few years ago. Hard Drives that had a To be made permenantly totally unrecoverable order placed on them by the client.

The rules of the client Were that the hard drive had to be rendered unreadable even via extreme forsonic methods. They got run over a magnet, used for an impromptu clays session and the guts collected then burned iirc. I was told to render them totally and utterly unrecognisable as hard drives.

For casual shooting for fun out of date coke cans make really nice reactive targets that are relatively easy to clean.

If I was shooting on land that wasn't mine as some do in the states using public land or similar i'd probably switch to gone off fruit for my reactives or clay's basically anything biodegradable and pack out my brass

My department is a 3 man team, due to the workload.

Monday morning is the busiest part of the week.

June/July is the busiest part of the year.

Yes, of course boss, just take 2 of my team away. Do I mind? Well of course I do. Pillock.

Dr AT - How's the phys holding up? Still lifting?

Haha, I haven't lifted in literally a year to the day! :D

I got lazy and got out of the routine. However, went to the doctor's this afternoon - And I'm now under doctor's orders to start going to the gym again, build up some core strength. No excuse now!

So, I went for about a day and a half without sleep due to sudden fever.  Of course, had to go work outdoors like always for my pita grandfather who thinks tackling a dozen tasks at once is okay.

Still having issues breathing today, "but no, I am a young person, of course I am perfectly fine...."

Stuck in bed now wasting the day away trying to keep my lungs going.

Archived