My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a tooth extracted (badly) once. Left a shard stuck in like a splinter, which then caused the gum to swell up with pus.

That was somewhat less than delicious when it burst open to reveal the sharp chunk of tooth (which I then pulled with a friends leatherman)

Great subject!

I'm 54. With my age, you get receding gums. With receding gums, you're more prone to getting the odd abscess or two.  My last abscess conked out about two weeks ago. You do get used to the taste of pus. It's green. It's slimy. It's a sign that you're getting better!

Well, I made myself sick as puss in the stomach isn't the best (especially with my history of ulcers, best not to open up that chapter again). Though it did take the attention (in my mouth) away from my chipped tooth. Maybe I should put that in the happy thread (though it might make people unhappy)?

I find this as well. It really surprises me how so many people build civilian M4s, rather than military styles

M4 mws is the newest old school style, I hate front sight posts.

everyone and there cat has a mk18 or mk12 or something like that.

So many block 2 builds at my local.

Here I am I build this.

9a2865006c4399a52e68e7694f038582.jpg

Then they all ask how I get around the cqc arena with a 16" barrel gun.

Easy, I shot first and know how to pie the doorway.

If I were to do a military style "m4" it would be a 416. But this is hot for a bog standard mws.

1a6544aa0a689e8a3e3a9c49afe9c210.jpg

Also I can't have an automatic weapon so I replicate my ar 15 for memory.

Beer barrel im citting in half made a mockery of the HSS blades for the jigsaw. I now have half a dozen blades either snapped or with melted flat teeth.

And yes, I was lubricating it.

Time to cop a loan of an angle grinder.

Oh it's on you shiny cylindrical *bramston pickle*.

What stunt said. Ali kills blades.

If grinding, get a disc suitable for it or they clog and don't cut. Which some people try and solve with more pressure.

Catastrophic failure of a disc is never fun...!

Stanley blades. So not really cheap.

The steel I reckon is 2mm thick at most. Obviously it's hard to tell though.

On the bright side, I got to test out my spanky new Surefire ear plugs. Should stop my tinnitus getting worse at the next CQB game I have planned on the 15th.

[quote name="scorch" post="2728022"

On the bright side, I got to test out my spanky new Surefire ear plugs. Should stop my tinnitus getting worse at the next CQB game I have planned on the 15th.

If only I'd had a set of something like that before working a year and a half of nights at my pub. The ear plugs we were supplied with were and I lost quite a bit of hearing because of it.

Archived