My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I once saw LOADS of weightwatchers food left outside a house. Like 5ft tall 4ft wide of boxes! God knows what was going on there. Very nickable!

Re: samsung. A few things;

Have a look at the connector and see how the 'tongue' looks. You might be able to pry it upwards.

If its not the battery its possible the power button is jammed in perma-off. Try tapping the button side on the phone and see if it frees up. If possible try with another batt and go from there.

Poked at the connector with a wooden pokey thing, no joy.

Didn't know about the power button thing, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately I've already dropped it at the Vodafone store for it to be sorted. Warranty fix so it's their problem now.

No courtesy phone though, so I'm down to using my 5 year old xperia x10 mini. Which is about 1/3 the size and super slow.

Still, it holds a charge and has been through loads, it's a great backup really!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently spotted an article about what coke does to you in the first hour of drinking it. Have to admit the results sound a lot like my other half who drinks the stuff religiously.

Now how do I make her realise she's addicted, so she can get back in shape, stop being irritable, and generally healthier?

Recently spotted an article about what coke does to you in the first hour of drinking it. Have to admit the results sound a lot like my other half who drinks the stuff religiously.

Now how do I make her realise she's addicted, so she can get back in shape, stop being irritable, and generally healthier?

Someone sent me the exact same article - it convinced me to go cold turkey. Diet coke is my kryptonite, I didn't realise it triggered the same insulin response as sugary stuff.

Just got back to the UK, had to leave all my lipos behind in HK because you can't ship them to the UK anymore.

Go to hobbyking, make an order from their EU warehouse. All items in stock. Pay. They confirm receipt of payment. They confirm everything is in stock.

One week later, nothing. I go badger them. This is what follows:

Abigail

Welcome to Hobbyking. How are you? I hope that you are doing great! This is Abigail, how may I help you today?

DarkLite

Hi Abigail

I completed and paid for an order on the 30th of July

And it has yet to ship, though all of the items were in stock when I ordered and it lists them as still in stock

I need the package for the 8th of August

Can you help me get it shipped?

Hello?

Abigail

Hi DarkLite! How may I help you today?

DarkLite

Hi Abigail

I completed and paid for an order on the 30th of July

And it has yet to ship, though all of the items were in stock when I ordered and it lists them as still in stock

I need the package for the 8th of August

Can you help me get it shipped?

Hello?

Abigail

Let me check for any updates for your order.

One moment please.

Hi DarkLite, sorry to keep you waiting.

DarkLite

no problem

Abigail

I can see that order is in printed status. Since it already exceeded the alotted time for dispatching the order. What i will do is make a follow-up asking the reason why it has not been dispatch.

DarkLite

ok

Is there any chance I can get it before the 8th?

It's pretty urgent, hence why I put the order in so long ago

Abigail

I can not guarantee but I'll be asking to send it as soon as possible. Please be advise that we also have the transit time of 3 to 6 business days, once it has been shipped from the warehouse.

DarkLite

I'm quite disappointed to be honest

I've made several orders from Hobbyking when I used to live in Hong Kong and they were all dispatched within a day

This is the first time ordering from the EU and it's taken a week to not go anywhere

Abigail

we vapologize for the delay on your order. I have make a follow-up regarding this matter and ask for an update as soon as possible.

DarkLite

That's all very well but now I'm pretty much guaranteed to not have the goods in hand for the 8th.

So now I must go and make an order from a UK based supplier for the batteries I need

This is extra cost to me

Which stems from your staff's apparent inability to do the job they are presumably paid to do

I appreciate that this is not your fault, but I would like to have some sort of compensation

Can I get a refund for the shipping cost on this order please?

Abigail

One moment please. Let me check what I can do for you.

I do apologize but we can not refund the shipping cost. I know it is not much but I hope this will help, I will be crediting $3 as bonus points to your HobbyKing account as a one time courtesy for the delay on your order.

DarkLite

Thank you for your help

I assume this conversation will be recorded?

If so, please let your supervisor read this and know that they are useless.

The total cost to me for this order sitting still for no particular reason for a week

Is in excess of £40 now as I must order from a more expensive UK supplier who I know will at least ship when they are supposed to

But thank you for the £2.00 that your company has seen fit to add to my credit

Abigail

Thank you for your feedback it will surely help us improve our service in the near future.

DarkLite

Perhaps I shall add a new wing to my expansive manor house with this desultory remittance

Abigail

I will also make a follow up for you. We will send you a confirmation email once your order has been posted.

DarkLite

Thank you again for your help.

I know it's not your fault.

Abigail

Happy we are able to assist you.

For self help on your HobbyKing inquiries, you may also check our Help Center by clicking "24 hour Support Centre" on the upper right part of our website.

Thank you for contacting HobbyKing . Have a nice day.

So, to recap:

Hobbyking's EU warehouse is populated by people who cannot understand the concept of "Get thing. Put thing in box. Give box to postman. Receive wages." and their customer service department think that a £2.00 store credit is sufficient to cover a £9 shipping charge which was labelled "Fast track shipping".

Arsebastards.

I'm also waiting on an order from a supplier.

Paid for "Express 24hr"

Took 2 business days to ship, and has thus far taken 48 hours in transit.

EDIT:

Mine just arrived. Worlds most bizarre shaped box for the contents. the box was 100x100x1250mm, the largest item being a can of gas.

Ordered a swimming wetsuit last Friday.

It was put in the post yesterday and arrived at Argos today.

I collected it in time to go to my open water swimming lesson.

Of course it is Extra Small.  Why would there be a Large wetsuit in a bag that says Large wetsuit when I ordered a Large wetsuit?

Ordered a swimming wetsuit last Friday.

It was put in the post yesterday and arrived at Argos today.

I collected it in time to go to my open water swimming lesson.

Of course it is Extra Small.  Why would there be a Large wetsuit in a bag that says Large wetsuit when I ordered a Large wetsuit?

You should see some of the deliveries we get from VW main warehouse.

Yes, you're right, what I actually wanted was a radiator hose flange adaptor, and not the mirror glass I said I did! How helpful of you to pick that for me!

And thanks so much for putting the sticky label that tells you what to pick, part number, description and all, RIGHT NEXT TO THE PART NUMBER THAT DOESN'T MATCH IT!

And that's the times then don't put mirrors/glass/lamp units/chrome trim in the bottom of a tote box AND DROPPING BRAKE DISCS ON TOP OF THEM.

If you work at the CEVA warehouse outside Birmingham, I hate you. Get your eyes tested, ffs.

How do you actually sit down and tell the girl, who is a nice person, staying in your flat that you don't want her around any more?

Seriously, I am genuinely stuck in a place I don't bloody well want to be due to being too *fruitcage*-ing nice to people and letting her stay while she is working at a place near by.

I am trying to be suggestive and move her on that way but it is not going to bloody work, but how can I be such an *albatross* and just tell her to leave.

As you can guess this is genuinely driving me in-*suitcase*-ing-sane.

'FireKnife'

Won't work, she doesn't mind that.

It is just reaching a point where I can't take it, she is still here and it will take a lot for her to leave but I can't live my life with her here.

That song that is the intro to Peep Show is playing over and over and over and over and over and over in my head.

Also a new job is needed which isn't helping me at all.

'FireKnife'

Archived