My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's one on ebay now as it happens.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Xperia-Z1-Purple-Cracked-Screen-/252046691734?hash=item3aaf274d96

And if the screen is broken and not just the digitiser you could get these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sony-z1-D5503-lcd-screens-please-read-This-is-not-a-phone-/252049247033?hash=item3aaf4e4b39

If the phone stays at around 30 quid you could double your money.

Or have a spare phone.

So friend snapped the barrel extension off my WE 416 barrel whilst trying to seperate it. Managed to dig the thread out of the extender and could possibly glue it back onto the outer barrel but it'll be weaker than it was. Also need a forward assist retaining pin as I traded the pin out with him (he was nice enough to spot me and drive me to pick it up), we managed to bodge together a forward assist from an old G&G forward assist and the old body but need the right sized pin.

And all this before I even get to the joy of sorting it out to open bolt. Glorious GBBR master race indeed...

This unit has weird rules, like no soft hats in the field (beret or helmets only, but you can't wear berets when there are DS around, so your head burns or boils in the summer, cheers)  

No UBACS (despite them being issued), issue only LBE (despite the fact that the unit doesn't issue full sets of webbing, or daysacks, so everybody HAS to use non issue daysacks and LBE)  

That's a new one by the way, the RSM didn't like my MOLLE chest rig and had a fit.

You need to have correctly placed stupid TRF patches, even in the field (my old infantry unit didn't even wear rank slides in the field, because sniper threat)

I can't be sure if all this dumb *suitcase* is because they are Reserves, or because they are Cavalry.  But it's really pissing me off.

Darkchild

So all the stuff you want and use to be better at your core role of soldiering they ban or restrict?

Why..... surely better kit means you can be faster, less weighed down protected from things like heatstroke and just generally better at your job? Also weren't ubacs developed for tank crew and cav siting in hot small tin boxes and sweating under their armour?

I'm light infantry, they do heavy drill.  I don't know how to do that *suitcase*!  I've just bluffed my case so far, middle rank is for winners.

I can't tell where the stupid BS comes from, but I've effectively ignored it so far.  I've fought in two wars wearing my own kit, spent 3 years constantly deployed as a contractor and now they say I can't wear it in the UK?  Yeah cheers.

Though I may just bust out my old NI chest rig to appease the RSM, he has taken a shine to me and I think it's best to keep him onside.

It does the same thing as my MOLLE rig anyway, just in a slightly clumsier fashion.

Darkchild

I'm off work today, and went out to get some lunch. Sat at a temporary light on red and some twat barrels through from behind me, completely ignoring my brakes and said light. I've sen him about a lot and he drives like an *albartroth*, proper maniac.

Brilliant I think, I've just got that on my front and rear dashcam, that bugger is going to court for this.

Review the footage, the only bit I need is missing, as though it's been edited out. Shows me pulling up and stopping, and then cuts to him in front of me about 15 seconds later after I'd gone through on green. Front and rear cameras record separate files

The audio is there but the video cuts and is then out of sync. Wasn't at the end of the recording loop either. It's as though he's got some sort of James Bond jamming device on board...

Anyone know how to recover corrupted files? I could do with dropping it off with traffic tomorrow...

Try Glary undelete, Recuva free, PC Inspector or undelete 360.  All free.  I'm not sure how much luck you'd have though.  It sounds like a bad sector on the card maybe as opposed to missing file.  Not sure really, very odd.

Would that even be admissible though? I mean, even though you're not Joe Bloggs, you know first hand how various footage cannot be used for whatever reason...I've often wondered if I could send the police footage of dangerous driving/general illegal stuff and whether anything would come of it.

Yep, admissible.

Because I was off duty I was told to submit it as 'Joe public' for transparency. I rang my mate about how to go about it, he's a traffic sargeant and knows the game inside out.

Anyone can submit footage to the police, it's then up to them whether they prosecute.

I'll try those programs, cheers. As you say, may be a bad segment. Bloody typical that's the only bit I need too :(

Was in a conversation with a guy about buying his WE GBBR outer barrel and got to asking his paypal address to find out he sold it. Fair enough it is his right to keep it up for sale until paid for but I'm a little disheartened. They seem very difficult to get hold of new (only place I know of for standard WE is Milspec and they're out of stock) and second hand. Will just have to bide my time and try to glue the thread back on for now.

And curse you WE SCAR H. I can't justify you dropping soon, I need to sort my 416.

Was in a conversation with a guy about buying his WE GBBR outer barrel and got to asking his paypal address to find out he sold it. Fair enough it is his right to keep it up for sale until paid for but I'm a little disheartened. They seem very difficult to get hold of new (only place I know of for standard WE is Milspec and they're out of stock) and second hand. Will just have to bide my time and try to glue the thread back on for now.

And curse you WE SCAR H. I can't justify you dropping soon, I need to sort my 416.

Evike

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I'm off work today, and went out to get some lunch. Sat at a temporary light on red and some twat barrels through from behind me, completely ignoring my brakes and said light. I've sen him about a lot and he drives like an *albartroth*, proper maniac.

Brilliant I think, I've just got that on my front and rear dashcam, that bugger is going to court for this.

Review the footage, the only bit I need is missing, as though it's been edited out. Shows me pulling up and stopping, and then cuts to him in front of me about 15 seconds later after I'd gone through on green. Front and rear cameras record separate files

The audio is there but the video cuts and is then out of sync. Wasn't at the end of the recording loop either. It's as though he's got some sort of James Bond jamming device on board...

Anyone know how to recover corrupted files? I could do with dropping it off with traffic tomorrow...

Try accessing it from a Linux computer. If you've not got access, you can download a copy of Ubuntu and run it from a CD or USB stick as a temporary thing - I've recovered deleted/corrupted files from quite a few HDD's like these.

Worth a bash if the other programmes don't come up trumps. (Plus Linux masterrace ;))

Archived