My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent a load of stuff to myself when I moved from HK to the UK.

Just been hit with £220 worth of import tax because they opened a box and saw that there were a lot of things in boxes and therefore I must obviously be smuggling merchandise, not personal effects. *fruitcage*ers.

I have to complete an "anti-corruption training" at work. It's some *suitcasey*-*albatross* webinar with elements of primitive rightard propaganda (for example, emigration is listed as one of the factors that increase corruption, because, uh, it makes people care less about the common good, and privatization of the failing national railways is apparently a bad thing, what a load of ) and it's, frankly, insulting to anyone with more than three brain cells.

Good!

Darklite, have you explained to them that they are twats, and you shouldn't be paying?

Yes. Unfortunately they don't allow you to argue the fee, you have to pay it and then claim it back later, apparently.

Which means I'm now out a month of rent money. *fruitcage*ers.

Yes. Unfortunately they don't allow you to argue the fee, you have to pay it and then claim it back later, apparently.

Which means I'm now out a month of rent money. *fruitcage*ers.

*fruitcage* it, if you need rent money then just ask and pay us back when you can. :P

'FireKnife'

The electronics store ran out of amplifier chips last month and has no idea when will they be back in stock. Of course I learned that only yesterday, after three weeks of waiting. So I placed an order for the amp chips elsewhere, along with some LEDs and other tat. Something tells me I'm gonna have a shitload of LEDs left.

Cyclist was being silly, didn't give way to the car. Even if the merc hadn't stopped, they couldn't have got around it without deviating to the right. This would have left them liable to be hit by any cars coming in their right hand side.

Merc driver panicked and braked.

Cyclist is completely in the wrong. If any vehicle doesn't appear to be slowing down when approaching a junction or roundabout that I have right of way on, I will anticipate making an emergency stop. The merc did this, but too late which exaggerated the cyclists inconsiderate riding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From my viewpoint, as a car driver, the cyclist is in the wrong there - the A class is on the roundabout already, and the cyclist doesn't wait for the way to be clear before entering the roundabout.

I can't see if the merc has an indicator on or not, but if you've spent ANY time on UK roads at all, you realise they're optional on roundabouts at best. 

Once you're on the roundabout, you should be focussing on whats on the roundabout, not whats about to come onto the roundabout (unless it pulls out infront of you).

On the YT vid page it says "The second white car is turning right and I commit to filtering on to the roundabout behind her. As I cross the Give Way lines its probably the first time the driver sees me. She has not time to judge my speed and direction and stops," There is no way in Gods' green earth that that is the Merc's fault. If the driver hasn't seen you, it's because you're going too fast for the conditions.

Cyclist error all the way, that one.

100% cyclists fault. Give way to traffic on a roundabout, and to the right. Either cyclist didn't look properly and got mad at his own failings, or is more likely one of those with a chip on his shoulder. Why else would he upload a video of him failing to follow the Highway Code?

Archived