My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decided to see if the two new stick batteries I ordered would work.

Turns out my main ak gearbox is still messed up somehow, and I am somehow missing one of the bits on the outside of the gearbox.

Apparently despite being the same proportions as my old stick, neither of these new ones will fit into my Real Sword SVD.

Guess I am out still for awhile.  Starting to hate Saturdays.

Really?

How long is it? I'd have thought plus or minus 2mm over (roughly) 100mm should be enough.

Are your shots hopped so much they are deflecting by2%?

Not really sure. I turned the hop to completely flat (I usually have a curve up at the last bit of travel to get a bit more distance) but it wasn't enough. Looking at the smash marks its perhaps half the be smashing into the end piece. If the end was the same hole as the outer barrel it would be perfect.

I've ordered some acrylic tubing to act as an outer barrel extension inside the unit, which will hopefully keep the Bob centered for a bit longer

Are you sure the actual suppressor is straight on the rifle? Had that myself and it turned out the actual suppressor threads were tilted meaning the unit was never gonna sit flush.

Could well be. It does screw on flat to the barrel, so if it isn't flush it's going to be the two ends being out of alignment. Not sure how I'd fix that!

Same way you fix anything.

Hammer.

With an AK you should be able to strip it down and leave just the receiver and outer barrel on the gun.

You could then look down the inside of the outer barrel to check clearance.

Would also be a good idea to push a spare inner barrel all the way through it to see if it all lines up.

Then hit the can with a hammer. It's supposed to be all beaten up, it's an AK.

Or widen the hole with a step drill or similar.

Haha. As it's new one and I've not stripped an AK myself, no I need it next weekend I'll hold off on that plan for now. I did remove the middle piece and the two ends line up, but I suppose that means nothing without the middle part. It's not the end of the world for now. I'll see if a simple barrel extension works

People trying to ring my pub during the two minutes silence, resolved by pulling the cord out of the phone, I was going to take them off the hooks but only got out front of house at five to and had to change one of our tv boxes to news as I'm not sure which one is which source on audio and I'd rather not broadcast cartoons or whatever if was on instead of the chime, gun salute and Last Post.

Also people who decided to talk during it. Was half tempted to throw them out and if it had been my pub I would've.

Another year, another remembrance and more of my mates that "survived" our wars have killed themselves.

I don't mellow as I get older, I get more angry.

Be strong!

@mike_west

I feel you there, my back has had me laid up for 4 days now.

It's what I get when I drink excessive and go to bed. I tossed and turned, my back said *fruitcage* you!

@lone_bullet

I need a place myself, tired of the rent's basement.

Before I can do that I need to spend about 4grand in dental work. All of them need to come out.

What do America and Canada have in common?

The residents of both travel South over the border to a less developed country for cheaper petrol and consumer goods.

Bazinga!

I am attending a bonk course on instructional techniques and have been explicitly told that "correct use of a Dynatex simulated grenade" is not an appropriate lesson for tomorrow.

Balls.

Archived