My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is *fruitcage* it. My phone went ape *suitcase* today, and this will not stand. The payday's tomorrow, Samsung Galaxy S4 goes for a hundred quid over here, and I still have 300 quid on my expenses account.

If not for the fact that the Walkman app still works for some inexplicable reason and I want to listen to music on the bus to the mall, I'd just pull the SIM and memory card out, then chuck the useless piece of *suitcase* out of the 5th floor window. Seriously, I have never seen the phone churn for five minutes before even getting to the call menu. Sony, what in the name of *fruitcage* almighty were you thinking?!

And you believe samsung will be better? Eh eh eh. Every smartphone is a gamble, no matter what brand and price. I feel for you though. You better simply root it with cyanogen mod. No costs, no bloatware.

Why, well, yes, I do believe that Samsung will be better, because Sony had the pants-on-head-retarded idea to fit the phone with all of 2GB of built-in flash memory that got promptly overwhelmed by ever-growing tangle of bloated Google apps (seriously, the mobile version of Chrome is stupidly huge) and all sorts of "essential" data and cache files for other apps, particularly those I moved to the SD card because they were way too *fruitcage* huge. Hell, I can't in good conscience call the Sony apps the phone shipped with "bloatware", because they're very light compared to whatever Google thinks is necessary to have Android running. I can't even update the few apps I have installed without checking which one took a *suitcase* all over the flash memory this time and cleaning the mess, because there's no room for temporary install files!

Compared to 16 gigs a S4 can boast, it's idiotic. Well, that and judging from how the phone runs, I'm assuming that either the internal flash memory is busted, or whatever Sony did to the OS was a colossal, grade-A *fruitcage* up. I was putting up with the absurd instability and sluggishness of this thing a year and a half too long.

My new Sony came with 32gb on-board memory, and still has a micro SD slot too, if that helps?

Also, my last phone was a Samsung and was dead within a year.

Are we talking budget models or flagships?

Because as far as budget models go, they will be *suitcase* no matter the manufacturer. And my Sony is very much a budget model. So, at least until October when my contract ends, I'll have an outdated flagship Samsung instead, TYVM.

I miss my flip phone, was forced into an iphone that I don't dare touch when possible.

Fired off an email to the post, seeing as the local phone line is utter *suitcase*.  I've received mail both Saturday and today without my package, and atop of everything else lately it just adds to a sour mood.

So I spent 150 quid or thereabouts on a Sony Xperia M4. Mostly because they didn't have a Samsung S4, the LG G4 seemed too big for me and that left two phones that will be predictably available when I renew my contract in October: the Huawei P8 Lite and the M4. Both very similar, so I went with the latter.

Amazon is refunding the order amount after I asked them about the address screw up.  Not sure what the post office is going to do about it.  Turns out that someone along the line likely labeled it to my grandparents next door, who are down south for the winter and have their mail forwarded.  Somehow our local worker, who knows me by name, could not tell the package was meant for me and just let it get returned to the depot and forwarded to who knows where.

I had something similar a few years back, were somewhere between the USA and Gatwick, someone changed the number of my address from 34, to 32. Literally scrubbed out the 34 and wrote 32. From two different companies and both in different states. Very wierd. Good job the parcel force driver knew me by name and my neighbour (number 32).

Glad you're getting a refund, Gunmane.

Archived