My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unholy mother of *fruitcage*, am I hungover.

I chugged down a bottle of Powerade on the way to work, as it usually takes the edge off. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm pretty much a zombie.

That and I'm stuck at work until 17:15.

The family bs is having to endure a weekend of yelling and screaming about the house because a friend of the family's wife was coming up to take her mother down to Arizona, and my father immediately offered up (because he cares more about his social appearances than his family, believe me) my grandparent's vacant house next door and got my mother in a tizzy about how *suitcase* our house is (the lady is in her 30's and is a health nut yoga pants wearing rich judgemental as sin individual "lights up the fireknife signal" :P ).  She also had to put all her mother's stuff in one of those shipping containers called "pods". 

I was on loan the entire day today to her, and had to cram said container with incredibly heavy boxes, chests, cabinets, and god knows what else.  The site where her mother lives smells purely of smoke, and the barn with the 30+ boxes that nearly broke my kneecaps lifting was covered in animal *suitcase*.  My clothes and winter coverings are stuck in the garage till we figure out what to do with them.  I just hope my neck doesn't twist up now.

This close to buying a tm gspec just out of spite, even though it will like everything else just sit in it's box for the rest of my life. :headbutt:

I'm this close to a complete meltdown.

There's some utter donkey*fruitcage*ery going on in Brussels, as it took them an entire month to notice how we used the wrong daily work cost rate, and three working days before the final deadline to boot. Of course, they didn't bother to give the correct rates when they asked us to calculate all that *suitcase* back in December. And if we don't fix that, it means we're 200K euros down the ######, AFTER I nearly went insane trying to grind all the numbers to a (frankly, completely insane) form the EC demands (because we can't just throw all the specific data detailing every expenditure in PLN and the EUR equivalent according to EC exchange rates at them), AFTER I nearly went insane trying to pry the workload data from our runny steaming *suitcase*-trickle of a system, AFTER it turned out that the idiots employed in this cluster*fruitcage* of an institution couldn't even record their work time correctly (almost driving me insane), AFTER a slew of retractions, corrections, recalculations, poking the pool of feces that is our IT system with a pointy stick, and more anxiety than I honestly can handle.

And of course nobody has yet made a decision that we're supposed to submit to Brussels TOMORROW.

Rather funny how I mention ranting about my sis and brother-in-law earlier in the opposite thread and now I just got roped into riding out tonight with him in the truck to move more heavy things from their second apartment that they are renting out now (was for my sis' medical studies in another city).

Not even a manga binge for most of today saves my mood.  I'm still having issues picking up things around the house as is...

Unholy mother of *fruitcage*, am I hungover.

I chugged down a bottle of Powerade on the way to work, as it usually takes the edge off. Still doesn't change the fact that I'm pretty much a zombie.

That and I'm stuck at work until 17:15.

I was like that the other day, water and small amount of food I was fine 5 hours later.

Usually a good sweat fixed it.

In other news I lost my favorite beenie I've had for 16 years.

Not very happy

Just come in from marshalling all day and went to shred the pulled pork that I've had cooking in the slow cooker all day.

Found d the pork to be tough as *fruitcage* as it was clearly full of *suitcasey* connective tissue.

My disappointment is colossal.

I was like that the other day, water and small amount of food I was fine 5 hours later.

Usually a good sweat fixed it.

The problem is, I didn't have time to sweat it out. I spent eight works at work, got back home, then crashed for 12 hours.

Also, the Brussels donkey*fruitcage*ery continues, as the berk in Brussels called me today stating he can't find a total costs table on the scan I sent.

Turns out, he didn't scroll the document far enough. What a knob.

Archived