My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most sites I've been to didn't worry about holstered pistols as long as they stayed in the holster.

Given the number of weapons I often carried, a trip to the safe zone would have been getting daft if I'd had to draw and unload every single one...

There aren't many details yet I put a link in the news forum.

As for the religion thing as a practicing Catholic (because I'm not very good at it)

There is ROCK all in common with the Islamic God and the christian/judaic god other than the fact it's arguably a single deity faith. Most Muslims I have met would admit the same thing. Islam traslated literally means struggle/battle.

Though they share the idea we should strive to create a world in God's image, exactly what that world is is very different. I'm taught to show love and compassion as the main expression of what God is whereas Islam teaches you to fear god and do as is commanded out of fear first.

The ambulance thing... people *fruitcage* make me sick there are people in Liverpool throwing bricks at ambulances.. why? Just why... and in detroit ambulance crews are being SHOT AT. Is it wrong that I think if you do that kind of you shouldn't be responded to by an ambulance?

The protests in Chicago made me so angry I'm going to rant here. I don't agree with allot of what Trump says nor do I agree with allot of what most of the candidates are saying I'm a classical liberal and none of them represent me but... I need to say this. I am going to use 'you' allot in thus rant, it isn't directed at anyone here guys it's a dressed to society but I know I can put it on here without being attacked as racist or sexism or threatened and bullied into taking it down. You will all know people who these words apply to either in the press or on TV or on websites you see.

Labeling a chalk drawing saying 'Trump 2016' as racist and hate speech demanding Emory uni destroy it and persecute the person writing it makes you scum, demanding people be silenced because of how it makes you 'feel' demanding a 'safe space' makes you dangerous. Using language like 'safe space' and 'feelings' to restrict speech you don't like makes you someone to watch and fear. Demanding people be sacked for voicing unpopular views or views you disagree with makes you dangerous to the democratic process. Demanding I have rights stripped from me because I dare to speak words you find uncomfortable makes you a threat to free expression. The term 'crybully' is perfectly apt, using feelings and emotion terms life safety and respect to silence all those who oppose you.

yeah fine you don't like the guys political views or that he has support but throwing rocks and chanting for people to be killed....

Watching the protests and seeing the 'tolerant leftwing ' Bernie Supporters hurt people with the thrown objects they jeered and laughed and deliberately blocked the ambulance crews hoping that people supporting Trump would die...

I understand protesting, even if I disagree with what you say I support your right to say it but... If your calling for the death of people you disagree with you are scum. If you are laughing as you prevent potentially lifesaving care from reaching them you are scum.

If you are clapping yourselves on the back and saying that frightening people enough that they are afraid to speak at a rally because of the death threats and their supporters being attacked that just shows you are totalitarian scum.

If you use violence or threats of violence to silence people who you disagree with politically you shouldn't be allowed a political voice because you don't care about what the people want you don't care about free speech however much you talk about the right to protest you just want total control and if you are ok with violence to prevent people show support to their chosen candidate you are only one step away from pushing people into ovens

When I was taken in on a blue light job I could hear in traffic a guy screaming at the ambulance crew to get out of his *fruitcage* way when they were loading me into the thing....

Can't find a link to bricks being thrown at ambulances? There was a protest by the north west infidels, end of February. Maybe it happened then in Liverpool (on the steps of St George's Hall)?

Link:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/far-right-protest-liverpool-turns-7454080

Sorry for posting a link to the mirror.

Ordered some vise grips and some torx bit sockets from Amazon so I can try and get this *fruitcage* rounded bolt off my car.

Stayed in all day yesterday so i could get it done today.

No delivery.

Apparently they couldnt find my address, and instead of attempting it again, they returned it to amazon.

So now I've had to reorder it (after they refunded it without asking me, effectively cancelling the order) and hope to god it gets delivered tomorrow so I can do it tomorrow, sunday or monday.

While on the online chat this morning (about 2 hours in and counting) they've changed their story that they couldn't find my address, to that the recipient wasn't known at the address, meaning they sent it to the wrong place.

Then they said maybe it was a new driver who didn't know the area.

they cannot re-attempt delivery as it's been returned to amazon. 

They cannot send new items out same day.

they cannot guarantee that the replacements I've just ordered will arrive tomorrow.

And all they've offered me to make amends for their monumental cock up? 

A free month of prime, and a £5 voucher.

Livid doesn't even begin to cover it.

Still have painful stomach aches after pretty much every meal. After doing some ***Internet doctoring*** I'm pretty sure it's because whilst I've been prescribed Omeprazole, which lowers stomach acidity and allows the stomach lining to heal, I haven't been prescribed antibiotics to take care of the bacterial infection. Either that, or an ulcer. Or I just need to wait for it to heal, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

GP Surgery closed over the bank holiday as well, so can't book an appt :(

Why, oh why, does the NHS think we don't need the same level of healthcare at the weekend/bank holidays?

Sick people don't get the day off, so why should most of the hospital be shut?

Why do you have to wait an extra 4 days to get a scan because the department is closed for the long weekend? Do they not realise how much staying in hospital costs per night? You'd think they'd want people to get better and get out as soon as possible...

You should be able to have the exact same service at 3am on Xmas day as at 3pm on any random Wednesday in June.

Same goes for GPs, dentists, etc. The only possible exception being clinics and things which people don't need urgently and would probably prefer not to do in the middle of the night/holidays.

Still have painful stomach aches after pretty much every meal. After doing some ***Internet doctoring*** I'm pretty sure it's because whilst I've been prescribed Omeprazole, which lowers stomach acidity and allows the stomach lining to heal, I haven't been prescribed antibiotics to take care of the bacterial infection. Either that, or an ulcer. Or I just need to wait for it to heal, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

GP Surgery closed over the bank holiday as well, so can't book an appt :(

I'd be getting to a walk in centre, or even A and E. Saying that, being camera'ed was one of the worst things I've ever experienced. I would be pushing for a breath test for bacteria first...

On the third person now. Still going.

As hedge said, they are usually amazing, it sucks as it's a bank holiday, but it's always the case, is it not...?

I have a piece of thin electrical wire stuck in my thumb right in the bend of the knuckle. I've tried digging it out with a needle and some tweezers but the *fruitcage* is resilient and slightly curled so it isn't moving. I know im just pushing it in further but I can feel it scraping away as I move it.

I think I might have to chop the hand off.

I had a wood splinter between the knuckle in a finger once. Poked and pried for days, and it wouldn't budge. I separated the wound and it just rose out, so maybe try that?

The opposite of squeezing the hole if you get what I mean :)

Archived