My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben - Never played skryim so have no idea what you are talking about. But I am with you on mods. I wish people would just leave the game as it is and how it was meant to be. A bit like phones and cases I guess! 

XCOM-2 was built to be modded.

You can tinker with it and do awesome things like give your guys a "Rick and Morty" voicepack.

Internal hex head bolt. AKA Allen bolt.

6mm hex originally. Rounded out (due to being RUSTED TO *fruitcage*). Got chisel and mallet - tried to tap it round/shock it lose. Didn't work.

got a 6mmish multi spline bit. Fit fine (with some controlled percussion) and then turned the engine over instead of removing.

Braced engine crank against subframe with long prybar and then the multispline rounded out.

Vice grips wont turn it.

got some large torx sockets (Talking T45 and above here) and the T40 is too small, and the T45 is too big. It'll  not even go in with some gentle love taps.

got some drill bits. I'll drill the head off and then the pulley will come off as there's nowt holding it on.

MY *fruitcage* DRILL ISN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH.

(also i appear to have bent the chuck at some point).

*fruitcage* my life.

Get lashings of heat on it, followed by lashings of WD on it. Defo heat though.

If you can get a torch to it without burning ancillary items like fuel lines etc...

Edit, cordless drills are *suitcase* for stuff like that. Can you borrow an impact driver? Even battery ones will shame any cordless drill. I don't have one, otherwise I would courier it down to you :(

Impact driver is what caused the problem.

The other three bolts came out fine, i think i pressed the go go button before the shaft was fully seated (fnar).

Been applying WD40 for about two weeks straight now.

Heat is next option. No ancilliaries close but i think behind it is a rubber vibration/harmonic damper thingo.

Unrelated, so warrants a new post I think. Apologies to almighty mods who are already grumpy as cars are rubbish if I'm wrong... :P

So I got a dose of road rage today. Receiving end. A *wheelbarrow* dived across chevrons to get off a motorway junction he couldn't be arsed sitting in traffic in to get off at. I was passenger, and my driver (not as in posh chauffeur, friend who was driving) said "*fruitcage* him, it's standing traffic, he should have waited."

I concurred. Merge in turn is fine and what you should do, but when he aims at a vehicle and keeps swerving towards it to intimidate, the game is on. No dice stopped along side us on the outside (so in the 'slow' lane of a live motorway and nearly got wiped out several times. He gave up and got in a few cars back, and flew up our inside, drew level and called all sorts of obscenities and then smashed into us, got out and started raging. Hitting the car and shouting. We both ignored him. He gave up, having nearly died a lot.we were in a 56 reg Peugeot, done well over 200000 miles and every panel bent. It's a tatty car. He was in a very tidy 5 year old

*guess the make and model of car for an Internet cookie*

Smashed his nice car up when he was in the wrong, clever...

The story continues after this!

Ah.

What stunt said. It will be fine with 3 bolts and loctite!

Tell me you recorded this behaviour.

Although I hate people trying to push in, the highway code requires you to give way to vehicles moving left.

No dashcam on that car. It's not mine, both mine have them.

As for giving way, yes. Heavy traffic/lane closing - merge in turn.

*wheelbarrow* cutting everyone up, and lobbing it over without indicating? No sir. Inconsiderate driving. There's a charge there.

I recorded it by calling 999, giving a full account, and then asking for the Network cover (motorway cover for north west) to give me a bell as he had shouted he would follow us all the way home... Right. He was 5"10 and built like a rake. I'm same height and... Bigger. The lad I was with is a gym beast and used to run a rough bar. We could have dismantled him.

Anyway, as he was following, 2 traffic cars were being sent to box him/pull him and have a chat, but I cancelled them as he broke off. No point tying up resources when it can be dealt with slow time.

He'll have a shock tomorrow, going from "yeah, they were chatting *suitcase* and not letting me in so I smashed them up, yeah" (his manner of speech, not implied), to

Hello, Sir. You were involved in a fail to stop at the scene of an accident yesterday, care to explain why? Also, judging by the report of the officer present at said scene, here is a section 59 warning for you and your car. We are going to dismiss the charge of driving while using a handheld device reported and witnessed by said officer, and also dismiss the inconsiderate driving charge. Have a nice day.

*fruitcage* him. I see *rickroller* driving every day and meh, some people are idiots. But what he did today? Dangerous and it needs sorting. People get in their cars and see a metal shield against the world, a bubble of invincibility, and it's false.

What if it had been my wife or your mrs who had inadvertently affronted his sense of superiority?

*fruitcage* him.

Again, not trying to justify or excuse the behaviour. He *should* be prosecuted. Were I you, I'd have probably arrested him at the scene.

I loathe people shoving into traffic queues because too damn important to wait their turn like everyone else.

Why dismiss charges? People should be prosecuted for every crime committed.

I'm especially sick of seeing people on their phones while driving - I mean, how hard is it to use the headset the *fruitcage* phone came with?

Why bother making a special law to cover it (which I don't consider necessary since it was already covered by Due Care and Attention and/or Dangerous Driving) then not actually enforce it?

I was behind someone the other day who had their phone on a dashboard mount and was browsing Facebook.

I love having all the information in the world in my pocket but some people just can't be trusted with it.

Again, not trying to justify or excuse the behaviour. He *should* be prosecuted. Were I you, I'd have probably arrested him at the scene.

I loathe people shoving into traffic queues because too damn important to wait their turn like everyone else.

Why dismiss charges? People should be prosecuted for every crime committed.

I'm especially sick of seeing people on their phones while driving - I mean, how hard is it to use the headset the *fruitcage* phone came with?

Why bother making a special law to cover it (which I don't consider necessary since it was already covered by Due Care and Attention and/or Dangerous Driving) then not actually enforce it?

I was off duty, no comms (phone doesn't count here as I have to unlock it and dial as opposed to just press 'transmit', I had no backup (again, a handy friend doesn't count), no PPE, and I'm not fast-road trained. I was also in a different force area, and I'm a lowly beat cop, so the paperwork would also be crazy. I'm not getting out and risking my life on a live carriageway during rush hour to try and nick someone for that. Can't justify risking his life either.

It's sometimes a marathon, not a race, but I'll have him for this.

As for enforcement, phone use is if it's seen. Unfortunately there aren't enough cops about to catch everyone. Not me being biased, it's just how it is.

Talking of *suitcase* driving.  I saw a corker today.  Police car driving towards me, head fully down in his lap looking at I assume, his phone.  Very smart.

I wasn't there, but doubtful it was a phone. Most likely they were tetra'ing on their radio. Basically slang for a 1 to 1 radio call/conversation where you're dialling a collar number. There's an exemption in law for radio use by cops, but it is abused for calls that are unnecessary.

However, sometimes they are and need to be dialled on the fly, not always on a blue light run.

I was behind someone the other day who had their phone on a dashboard mount and was browsing Facebook.

I love having all the information in the world in my pocket but some people just can't be trusted with it.

*fruitcage*s me off no end. Do you really need to be on social media while behind the wheel? No. No you *fruitcage* don't.

Stalking your ex's Malia photos or updating your status about how you 'hate sitting in traffic LOL' does not take precedent over concentrating on not killing someone.

My response to the whole driving while on the phone.

I see each and every cop talking on a phone, a Cb radio, police radio. Typing on a laptop all while driving.

Dont get me started on them running stop signs because they were too lazy to stop and in no rush.

Saw one stay at 20 or so mph, flip his lights on, cruse through the stop sign and once across he shut his lights off.

Never once change speed!

*fruitcage* any and all cops.

My response to the whole driving while on the phone.

I see each and every cop talking on a phone, a Cb radio, police radio. Typing on a laptop all while driving.

Dont get me started on them running stop signs because they were too lazy to stop and in no rush.

Saw one stay at 20 or so mph, flip his lights on, cruse through the stop sign and once across he shut his lights off.

Never once change speed!

*fruitcage* any and all cops.

Tarring everyone with the same brush is always fun...

Thought that was just reflection.

Clearly off the road, on private land, so the law wouldn't apply, I believe.

Yep, garage forecourt by the looks of it.

It's public as the public have access, even though owned privately. However, it's not a highway so while maybe not painting a good picture, it's legal.

It could be a job tablet too, we get issued Samsung galaxy notes. Not sure if the exemption for radios covers job devices too though.

Edit, I'm not saying cops are infallible and never break the law, but most try not to as it looks bad to the public, and can land you a complaint.

My current bugbear is parking in blue badge spaces without a badge.

Honestly, they should make a law allowing people to break the legs of those who abuse these spaces - then they could have a taste of what being disabled is like.

This includes emergency vehicles when not responding to an emergency - when Mr Plod comes out of tesco with a couple of meal deals, he probably wasn't parking there in a rush to deal with a hostage situation...

Also, there should be an easier way to submit dash cam footage/photos to have people tracked down and prosecuted for their behaviour - if nothing else a couple of officers showing up on your doorstep with footage of you driving like a part might serve as an effective warning.

Archived