My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can hear skarclaw gnashing his teeth reading that, for which I apologise :P, but something needs to be done. Wankers run amok taking the ######, and plead 'human rights' and all sorts of *suitcase*. What about the rights of the OAP robbed midday in the street? Or the person run over and killed? How does a suspended sentence for assault or 2 years inside for killing someone with a couple of tons of moving metal be correct?

lol i was in a beer coma and I'm too hungover to care now !!

Police state is an interesting one - I don't think we live in one BUT we do have the infrastructure for it. If things kick off later down the line (and they very well might... get a plan b ;) ) then it could get ugly! The mass monitoring of people's internet has demonstrably led to self censorship which is I think more dangerous then the gratuitous use of a truncheon.  Arguably we are less free then we were only 20 or so years ago. Can't see it getting better tbh but there we go. 

edit: due to hangover I just sent someone £187 not $187.... 

I've never hit the limit! Shmook you're obviously too liberal with your likes! Restrain yourself man!

As for what sucks today. Went out on a road test in an Asda van that had cooling issues that were apparently fixed. Im currently sat on the bank at the side of the A2 with an overheating van infront of me. Someone did their job well!

If you happen to be on the A2 and drive past a bloke in blue overalls sat on the bank smile and wave! Or maybe someone could bring me an ice cream? It's a lovely day would go down well right now!

Because I am old I keep forgetting about the "like" feature.

I have never run out.

I am waiting on deliveries.

I hate waiting.

It is even worse this time because I am about to ascend to a new level of geekiness.

I am going to do something I have wanted to do for a long, long time.

I am going to make my own custom length Cat 6 cables.

Well you've met Shmook on the interwebs and I'd say he's a pretty good cop :)

Seems very closed minded if you're just writing all cops off because of that.

No I have not met anyone here.

To meet someone it involves a handshake and a greeting.

On another note I need a new 70mm belt and I can not find a replacement!

4b3a97340d7e453ea8feb810a5a8e97e.jpg

Ok random legal question for you Shmook, I know in the knife law about carrying 3" or less non locking there is something of an exemption for disabled people who would struggle with this (specific note example being the one armed person carrying an assisted opener being legal) if I was using one of those sort of things, like the medical exemption to the sea belt law or the knife thing should I be carrying a copy of the medical evidence and would presenting that at the side of thenroad/declaring it at the time be listened to or is that something that is only really worthwhile when dealing with the consequences of the stop?

Honestly never heard of an exemption for carrying knives in this situation.

Regarding the seatbelt thing, I would be wanting to see the certificate, or they are getting a ticket and can fight it in court. If you're too lazy to put a piece of paper in your pocket, that's their problem...

I would be carrying a knife exemption cert thingy every time I carried that knife if I was you, but honestly, it sounds like shaky ground to me.

My final rant is coin electric meters that ONLY take two pound coins.... WHY and why the hell is their no warning about the amount o credit availible until the thing runs out and my fridge turns off... THEN is when it beeps at me, before that I have to crawl across the floor to read a tine black on green screen and hope theirs enough light to see the dammed thing.

Genuine question, not having a go at you, but would it not be worth keeping a torch on the meter so you can see it? I realise it's not a fix as such, but may make it a touch easier :)

EDIT, can't fix the quote as it's crazy. Edit 2, yes I can!

I'm also sick of apologising for all cops, so I give up.

You get wankers in all walks of life. Deal with it. Life isn't fair.

I never agreed with the creation of PCSOs - having less trained, less capable pseudo-police never seemed to make sense. Just replace each and every one with proper police officers.

Oh, but that would cost a few quid more, wouldn't it? That explains it...

Also, why do PCSOs have different powers in different areas? It's ridiculously complex and seems unnecessary.

Edit - it does amuse me how people go on about the "secret police" - if they were so secret, why do all the conspiracy theorists know about them?

PCSO's do have a place. They are more approachable and are capable of gathering intel that cops can't because everyone hates us!

They also work very closely with communities and build up good relationships, which in turn helps us. If they were replaced with cops, we would lose that, as said replacements wouldn't be dedicated to that work as management would deploy 'as needed' instead.

As for the powers thing, it's partly to stop cops having a monopoly on them all and further increasing the POLICE STATE ;)

PCSO's do have a place. They are more approachable and are capable of gathering intel that cops can't because everyone hates us!

They also work very closely with communities and build up good relationships, which in turn helps us. If they were replaced with cops, we would lose that, as said replacements wouldn't be dedicated to that work as management would deploy 'as needed' instead.

As for the powers thing, it's partly to stop cops having a monopoly on them all and further increasing the POLICE STATE ;)

Surely that could be a role for Specials though? You know (well I should hope you do :P) the unpaid police officers who have more capabilities than a PCSO?

Or is it the very fact a PCSO cannot make an arrest without a supporting constable unless witnessing an actual crime taking place (forgive me if this is wrong, it's what I've read so may well be) that makes them useful?

Specials don't put the hours in to build the same relationships. Also, they are cops the same as regs, and folk have the same view. Cops are cops, whether paid or not.

A PCSO can detain (not arrest) on their own until a cop turns up too :)

watching a few play troughs on R6 Siege.

I know it's out for a few months now, but does everything have to be dumbed down to pew pew levels?

It first I was expecting a true tactical shooter like the few R6's when they weren't bought by Ubisoft ( it's Ubi, right? )

Nooooo... It's just another COD in a different jacket. Everyone has drones, restricted mods of our arsenal, no real skillset you need to rely on, no real planning...-sigh-

Even with the crayon coloured weaponry!

Why can't these ' fans' just play COD or CO:GO and leave serious TacSims to genuine fans of the genre?

But then I have to answer the following question: why did such a nice genre/IP get raped by Ubi?

Oh yeah... monies.

We simply can't have nice thing, man.

Raven shield is a bit too dated nowadays, SWAT4 as well

Also, Arma 3 with mods does have potential, but it more around warfare.

Things were better in the '90s... But then I wasn't old enough to realise that, heh.

I loved SWAT4. Genuine tension over whether they would comply or try and kill you!

I was supposed to go on a nice walk with my other half this morning. Still waiting for her to get her lazy *albartroth* out of bed and come over before it gets dark for the thousandth time!

Archived