My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People relax!!

Also. It's raining and I just fired the BBQ up.. So now im standing in shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt with a brolly like a proper English gentleman sipping a nice HobGoblin and cheffing man style.

Still, could do without the downpour.

At least you're drinking a good ale.

I went on the Wychwood Brewery tour for my birthday - very interesting.

If you get a chance, I'd recommend it.

If you need a hotel, stay at the Witney Hotel, it's less than a ten minute walk from the Brewery, the rooms are good, the breakfast is great and the owners are lovely people.

Brewery tour tickets cost approx £8.50, you can book online. Lasts about 2 hours or so, including beer tasting at the end. You get free beer at the start too, in the on-site bar. They do tours at the weekends and some weekday evenings.

The Witney Hotel costs approx £90-95 per night for a double room with breakfast. You can find them online, but you may get a better price if you phone them directly.

Yes, you two stop. This is the whiney thread, we'll have none of that good spirited behaviour in here.

If we live in a police state, how come we're still at large?

Edit, damn it Spetz. My comment relates to Delta and Hedge.

It's alright, we'll file it under 'police made me do it' and hear no more of it. Now, back to whiney stuff.

You know what I hate(?) people who don't/won't say excuse me, but then still expect you to (mysteriously) know you're in thier way (they're behind you and expect you to sense they are there).

Gggggggrrrrrrrr.

Because the switch to blip high beam is easier to reach than any other light switch.

If I've time, and the lights are on, I prefer to blip my front fogs, but the button is harder to get to.

I drive loads of different vehicles on a regular basis and while it's not as easy as blipping the main beam, still a simple task to flick from head to side lights for a split second on 95% of them.

If the lights aren't on I give them a flash of the full beam then as it's not going to dazzle anyone in the day and I also give them a wave or thumbs up most because it winds the other half up, I get "you only have to thank them once" but that's just way I am. I feel guilty going through customs even though I really do have nothing to declare!

I blip my lights down rather than up.

I don't have automatic lights.

I think it is nicer but it doesn't matter since (as clearly demonstrated by the posters in this thread):

People are 99% *albartrotheth*.

Police, teachers, drivers, the public, people in shops, people playing on-line games, people.

99% *albartrotheth*.

You know any car built in the last few decades is run by a computer, right?

To be fair, there's really no need for auto wipers and lights and whatever - if you can't tell when it's raining or dark, you shouldn't be driving at all.

Some features are useful, however. They're normally the ones that the manufacturers describe as "optional" as they know people will pay for safety features.

I thanl people by flashing my hazzard lights just once. The button for those is easy to reach by default. EU truck drivers flash their indicators left - right - left, but having indicators with auto 3x blink if you flick the lever i though that must ne confusing so i sought for a different solution. Also, i thank people too much. For example when they givebxay where they've supposed to givr way. Im stupid like that

Archived