My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a tassimo machine as a wedding gift. Costa latte every morning without leaving the house. :)

To make it into a moan for this thread - only wedding gift that costs about £5 a week!

Loads of hacks but you have to put a bit of effort in for all of them but here's a simple one:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjrxH4qDpQw

I only drink cold brew coffee now unless it's a free latte from Waitrose :0)

Had a look at my PFC MGC M92 today and the firing pin fell out of the barrel.  I guess the contact points corroded through even after properly maintaining it :( Looking forward to trying to source a replacement barrel for an obscure Japanese model gun...

Had a look at my PFC MGC M92 today and the firing pin fell out of the barrel. I guess the contact points corroded through even after properly maintaining it :( Looking forward to trying to source a replacement barrel for an obscure Japanese model gun...

If you have trouble, the geniuses in the Custom Machined Parts thread might be able to make a replacement for you.

Much better for you as its alkaline not acidic like hot brewed coffee. Tastes sweet and not bitter.

Shame it takes 12 hours to brew mind you!!

it's not 'better' for you, and it's not alkaline.

Saying that, i've never Ph tested one. Anyone got some strips? I'll do a test of brewed coffee, instant coffee and cold brew coffee and see whats what.

Anyhoo, what happens is during the extraction (brewing) process, hot water brings out the most volatile and 'acidic' of the oils/flavours in the coffee beans, which is what helps it taste AMAZING.

When you use cold water, you don't get that, but obviously the lack of heat means it takes longer to extract the coffee goodness. 12 hours will do but 24 would be better.

You then end up with a really strong (think squash, but coffee) concentrate which you can dilute down with water and/or milk. Because there's much fewer of the acidic aromatics, it tastes a lot different to normal coffee. 

Beans with high floral notes (like an Yirgacheffe or so) will taste amazing cold brewed.

it's not 'better' for you, and it's not alkaline.

Saying that, i've never Ph tested one. Anyone got some strips? I'll do a test of brewed coffee, instant coffee and cold brew coffee and see whats what.

Anyhoo, what happens is during the extraction (brewing) process, hot water brings out the most volatile and 'acidic' of the oils/flavours in the coffee beans, which is what helps it taste AMAZING.

When you use cold water, you don't get that, but obviously the lack of heat means it takes longer to extract the coffee goodness. 12 hours will do but 24 would be better.

You then end up with a really strong (think squash, but coffee) concentrate which you can dilute down with water and/or milk. Because there's much fewer of the acidic aromatics, it tastes a lot different to normal coffee. 

Beans with high floral notes (like an Yirgacheffe or so) will taste amazing cold brewed.

When you test it you will find out that it is alkaline if cold brewed and if you add the right amount of coffee to water there's no need to dilute it.

The time it takes depends greatly on how fine you if at all you grind the beans,I personally don't grind them at all.

Of course, taste is down to personal preference but I like many others don't like bitter tasting anything but especially coffee.

While the research is still ongoing regarding our bodies  PH levels and how it affects our health,cold brewed coffee is better for your teeth because it's about 60%

less acidic.

Caffeine  content is about the same cold or hot brewed and come to think of it hot brewed most probably has more antioxidants.

I love it as when its brewed it lasts for days with no taste change so can just hav it on tap in the fridge.

I use one of these and if I know its going to be a while till my next fix I just top it up with the same amount of water I've just poured out.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90150071/

As it happens I have Alembic Still that made by Gaggia the bloke who invented the modern espresso coffee machine :0)

But no one like a boaster right :09)

If you have trouble, the geniuses in the Custom Machined Parts thread might be able to make a replacement for you.

Possibly.  To be honest, I'm not quite sure how they managed to make it.  It might be a bit of challenge to make another one.  Will sent a load of e-mails to HK and Japanese dealers.

People people people.. You're over complicating the beauty of coffee! Drink it however you want and let's not argue! Sir Naggedalot you're coming across pretty strong and stubborn. Chill.

In fact can we all chill? It's either the po po or coffee that's riling everyone up! This is the unhappy thread but we aren't meant to be unhappy at each other!

Just ate too much. Whilst that makes me insanely happy I feel I now have the gravitational pull of a small planet.

Another parking related moan from me.  Was at a flat development today.  Again, gated, on a main road.  A couple hundred flats.  Guess how many visitor parking spaces...If you guessed 0, congratulations.  You win.  And that's not a typo.  Zero.  *fruitcage* zero.  *fruitcage* you Aylesbury Vale District Council for allowing such .

Today's annoyance is the wifey asking me to download Captain Jack Sparrow versions of the Harry Potter books for her kindle but being unable to find any torrents or other sources for them.

What's a Captain Jack Sparrow version of a Harry Potter book?

Annoyance number 2 of the day: My cup of tea is on the opposite side of the bathroom and I am unwilling to leave the bubbly warm embrace of my bath to fetch it.

I really cba this evening. I find it hard to maintain aggression while naked, soapy and lemon scented.

What's a Captain Jack Sparrow version of a Harry Potter book?

Annoyance number 2 of the day: My cup of tea is on the opposite side of the bathroom and I am unwilling to leave the bubbly warm embrace of my bath to fetch it.

Edit: no 'rounds' here.

I really cba this evening. I find it hard to maintain aggression while naked, soapy and lemon scented.

Are you home alone?

If not, beckon a minion for tea retrieval duties...

Archived