My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing to be wary of is the seat belt.  I read a thread on a car forum about a guy trying to get rid of the smell of vomit from his car.  He had the dash out, cleaned all the air vents e.t.c. The main residual culprit was the seatbelt.  Vomit gets on that, winds back inside, all up in spooled mech.  Nasty.

Time is of the essence when cleaning vomit before it all permeates and the acid does damage.

Meant to post this yesterday. Anyway. I had to pick the day the EDL decided to descend on my town to do a bit of shopping didn't I.  More police than I've ever seen in my life. They had called in support from two counties over.  Even more than I've seen on TV in the aftermath of the various terror related atrocities.  Madness.  Blocking off roads.  Most inconvenient.

Smell of petrol.

Smoke when I opened the bonnet.

Left it at home and took my other car to church.

Turns out there's a perished fuel pipe, and vw in their infinite wisdom put the fuel injectors above the exhaust manifold...

Thank god it didn't catch fire.

Unbelievable. I tried to use the official Brussels public transport trip planner to figure out how exactly I'm supposed to get from my hotel to Manneken Pis, but the bloody thing runs just awful.

Seriously, we have a third-party thinger like that for several major city public transport services, and it runs faster and is more versatile than that Belgian "chocolate" (if you catch my drift).

O/S/F suspension coil just just collapsed on my way home from work..

Just as I was going home to get the car remapped so I've had to cancel that and am now sat on the side of the road trying to explain to various RAC personnel that it is the front suspension that has collapsed and a regular front wheel tow bar on a usual van won't work as it will cause more damage. They have asked me how I know etc and apparently me telling them im a mechanic and have already pinpointed the fault isn't good enough.

*albartrotheth*. I hate waiting for recovery vehicles to arrive.

Archived