My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I'll take being a heathen over ending up like any of my relatives.

Speaking of which, my *albartroth* grandparents next door finally returned from their home in Texas, complaining about dandelions, babying their great granddaughter that is a brat, storming into our house without asking, and roping me into "working" again with the head *albartroth* himself again.  His wife earlier told my mother that she should stop being a burden to my father and "get a job with benefits so he doesn't shoulder the burden."  My mother has worked as a custodian at a local church far more than she ever did as a teacher, has endure job discrimination against a guy who does not clean at all and break machines but gets paid asinine amounts because he is connected to the church board, and yet apparently she doesn't "work enough."

I'm not saying I would gladly offer them up for public stockade, but...

Meanwhile my father immediately begins worshiping them as though they are god.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take being a heathen over ending up like any of my relatives.

Speaking of which, my *albartroth* grandparents next door finally returned from their home in Texas, complaining about dandelions, babying their great granddaughter that is a brat, storming into our house without asking, and roping me into "working" again with the head *albartroth* himself again. His wife earlier told my mother that she should stop being a burden to my father and "get a job with benefits so he doesn't shoulder the burden." My mother has worked as a custodian at a local church far more than she ever did as a teacher, has endure job discrimination against a guy who does not clean at all and break machines but gets paid asinine amounts because he is connected to the church board, and yet apparently she doesn't "work enough."

I'm not saying I would gladly offer them up for public stockade, but...

Meanwhile my father immediately begins worshiping them as though they are god.

I'm in lawncare, I'm so sick of hearing how bad the dandelions are.

Skarclaw, seriously (hate the way you have to put this these days) not trying to start an argument, just generally interested, what would you call a professional?

Sorry I could have been clearer I meant a "professional" job as in white collar work, that kinda stuff. 

About 50% of a nursing degree is placements working in hospital, also the accademic year for nursing is similar to that of primary and secondary schools but without while still doing placements over the Christmas and easter holidays (so not really a holiday at all). Compared to most other students nurses work bloody hard

4 is a red herring.

There are very few immigrants tekkin your jerbs if you have a degree.

If you were a high flying technician in the exciting world of cleaning cars in an old petrol station then yes, they are going to tek your jerb because they work harder and complain less...

And are used to *suitcase* pay, *suitcase* workplace treatment and *suitcase* living conditions. Seriously, if you saw what sort of goes on over here... Example: a friend of mine was fired on her second day of work because her *albatross* of a husband started spreading malicious rumors about her, and the boss at this particular franchise of the realty company both worked for is a crazy *badgeress*. Worse yet, the contract was formulated in such a way that another franchise of the same company cannot employ her for the next six months (because a non-competition clause in the estate market I can understand, but not this sort of *suitcase*).

Partly.

Also partly because my colleagues can't spell, <snip>

Oh God, tell me about it.

I work in a garage, right? So the booking clerk (really) takes the bookings, produces the job card which is then presented to the customer when they arrive to sign it and make sure we're doing the right things, and before hand us in parts and the workshop controller will pre-check them to see if we need to order any parts or investigate any technical bulletins or so.

Examples of her 'best' work:

Investigate slow puncher to nearside rear.

*rickroll* wine when in 4wd.

Trim lose in boot.

invetigate front breaks sqeeling.

I honestly wish I was making those up. It pains me to type them out for you. I have tried. I have explained. I have done everything in my power but buy an Oxford English Dictionary, and hit her repeatedly around the face until she learns how the *fruitcage* to spell.

My brother is very badly dyslexic yet is actually an extremely good typist. A lot of dyslexics get taught to touch type at school nowadays as they find it easier. So I'm very suspicious of the 'but i'm dyslexic' excuse. 

My rant. Six hours waiting to go home today from hospital, because they didn't have a bed free in the surgical ward to discharge me from.

Not the Nurses' fault, they were  fantastic, but it's symptomatic of the NHS bureaucracy that I have to be put into a hospital bed when I can, by this point, walk around fine under my own power, just so some admin can tick a box. Meanwhile someone worse off than me has to wait around even longer for that bed, which I didn't need. 

Also my morphine's going to wear off really  soon and that sucks.

Oh God, tell me about it.

I work in a garage, right? So the booking clerk (really) takes the bookings, produces the job card which is then presented to the customer when they arrive to sign it and make sure we're doing the right things, and before hand us in parts and the workshop controller will pre-check them to see if we need to order any parts or investigate any technical bulletins or so.

Examples of her 'best' work:

Investigate slow puncher to nearside rear.

*rickroll* wine when in 4wd.

Trim lose in boot.

invetigate front breaks sqeeling.

I honestly wish I was making those up. It pains me to type them out for you. I have tried. I have explained. I have done everything in my power but buy an Oxford English Dictionary, and hit her repeatedly around the face until she learns how the *fruitcage* to spell.

Mostly homophones.

They aren't picked up by a spell checker so people cruise through school and life never knowing the difference,

We have a roller at work that is towed behind the dozer.

It is called the Bomag BW6 towed roller.

Our admin girl sent an email to the brass referring to it as a toad roller.

Really?

It's for crushing amphibians is it?

Crush those amphibians, crush them real good.

Today: Critical IT system failure.  I cannot send and receive emails again.  The IT wizards state it isn't a major problem because it's worked for the last three days fine (I wonder how many reports they received over a frickin' weekend).

Apart from the zero comms with the world, however people are coming into my damned office.  Into the damned office.

Archived