My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I am gonna move onto vapes when I'm 30 but at the moment smoking is too important to my badboy image  :gun:

I said nothing due the power dynamic. 

Also he is a politician so interfering in other people's business = literally his (other) job. prickkkk

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laid on the sofa watching TV last night, and one of the dogs wanted to come up. Was curled up with the wife and didn't really want a spaniel being all dog-like and uncomfortable on us, so I told her no.

She trotted off,came back in the room and neatly dropped a tennis ball into my glass of wine on the floor, and walked off again.

Well played, dog. I've never known a creature seek revenge until I got her.

I am gonna move onto vapes when I'm 30 but at the moment smoking is too important to my badboy image :gun:

I said nothing due the power dynamic.

Also he is a politician so interfering in other people's business = literally his (other) job. prickkkk

As a heavy smoker vaping was a waste.

Two days later, the weather forecast for the weekend went from "*suitcase*" to "barely acceptable".

I'm strongly considering buying a bottle of port and getting smashed.

Also, turns out that all things, including shipping costs, considered, the cheapest white officer hat I can get (for photoshoots and assorted walting) is a repro WW2 Luftwaffle hat. Luckily without the insignia, because I don't need those.

I'm strongly considering buying a bottle of port and getting smashed.

I have a bottle of caramel vodka made by some guy based on his family's 200 year old Georgian recipe.

I don't forsee much of the bottle lasting the weekend.

I'll likely never be able to own my own house, which both me and Mrs Tink really want.

I'll likely not be able to move back to York, where both me and Mrs Tink really want to live.

I'll likely not be able to afford to raise children, which both me and Mrs Tink really want.

I'll likely not be able to go and be a driving instructor which is the only real career I've ever found that actually appeals to me past "it pays".

And I have no beer.

How do people do it?

Cost to train, unreliable income and hours, danger of obscurity if I go it alone, and fixed franchise costs if I hitch my wagon to a franchise/driving school which wont care if i only had one pupil last week the franchise costs are still £800 a month thanks.

Plus mortgage lenders hate self employed people.

I have a bottle of caramel vodka made by some guy based on his family's 200 year old Georgian recipe.

I don't forsee much of the bottle lasting the weekend.

Which reminds me, I gotta buy the ingredients and mix up a batch of Southern Comfort (or, my punny name for it, NOLAwka).

Plus mortgage lenders hate self employed people.

This. My wife was self employed when we got ours, and we struggled and got a rubbish deal. Stuck it out for the fixed term and we are a lot better now :)

As for kids, you just find a way! They are time-thieves and hobbies will go as a result. Things like classic german play cars... but money wise, it's not so bad. Facebook groups always have bundles of clothes and things like furniture, car seats etc and second hand means it doesn't cost the earth.

As for living where you want, we bought a wreck of a house and have been pecking away at it since. Having a child hindered that a touch due to the afore-mentioned thievery of time!

If you can, start small, and research so you can upscale in a few years. It's a long game, unfortunately :(

Edit, reading that back, I'm not trying to sound blasé, or rub it in. It is hard and we have truly struggled at points. Especially when I was made redundant a while back... But it can work if you're disciplined!

Also, nip out right now and buy beer. I had to plan ahead as my wife is out tonight so I'm home looking after the boy. You can just pop out :P

I'll likely never be able to own my own house, which both me and Mrs Tink really want.

I'll likely not be able to move back to York, where both me and Mrs Tink really want to live.

I'll likely not be able to afford to raise children, which both me and Mrs Tink really want.

I'll likely not be able to go and be a driving instructor which is the only real career I've ever found that actually appeals to me past "it pays".

And I have no beer.

How do people do it?

Me either

I need to stop drinking, smoking, driving, eat plastic.

I'll never have a proper job that plays to anything I have some measure in or value (atm I am doing *suitcase* reno work again with my *albartroth* grandfather for perhaps the whole summer, and it will never be on the books).

I'll never leave the folks, will be dealing with their descent into being unable to do things themselves eventually.

I'll never travel.

I'll never be involved in a social relationship.

I'll never not think bad things.

List goes on and onward, including never drink away any of it for a moment.

I think that a lot more of the recent generations just lock it up tight or just roll with it underneath any measures society tries to filter them through.  Just today my mother, fed up with my *albartroth* grandparent's next door's BS, her custodian job being looked down upon, etc., has considered just forgoing dialyses for her kidneys and hoping it all just ends.  No amount of Shia LaBeouf memes, internet hugs, or anything else will change how folks feel from what life drags them through.

Heck, I spent all day with the *albartroth* putting together a playground set for his great granddaughter without stopping for anything.  It was so shoddily done and aggravating with knowing I could have done it better if not for his mannerisms and behavior, that I don't feel anything positive about it.  I'll spend all of next week painting and whatnot inside rented houses for him as well, and it will still not feel like I did anything good.

Flat tyre. I changed the front two tyres maybe 2 months ago. Fingers crossed it can be repaired! Otherwise £80 for new, not too bad for direct from a garage, but I can get the same tyre online for £30 cheaper! Can't get home on the spare as its a space saver so it'll have to be.

Bloody cars, only just done the front springs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flat tyre. I changed the front two tyres maybe 2 months ago. Fingers crossed it can be repaired! Otherwise £80 for new, not too bad for direct from a garage, but I can get the same tyre online for £30 cheaper! Can't get home on the spare as its a space saver so it'll have to be.

Bloody cars, only just done the front springs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why can't you get home on a space saver?

just take it slowly, tell the copper if/when they stop you that you only changed it a mile back.

Also it might just be badly seated on the bead. I've got a really irritating slow puncher (see previous few pages) on the N/S/F of my ibiza that's pissing me off but i'm 85% certain it's a porous alloy :(

Archived