My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Im 320 miles away from home.. Haven't got time to drive that far slowly! ;)

It was definitely a puncture I could see the hole from a screw or something. Put your finger over it and hissing stopped.

Thankfully it was repaired. £15. I can deal with that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he is referring to the bloody horrible standard of written English.

I'll likely never be able to own my own house, which both me and Mrs Tink really want.

I'll likely not be able to move back to York, where both me and Mrs Tink really want to live.

I'll likely not be able to afford to raise children, which both me and Mrs Tink really want.

I'll likely not be able to go and be a driving instructor which is the only real career I've ever found that actually appeals to me past "it pays".

And I have no beer.

How do people do it?

When life seems like it is all stacked up against you just say "*fruitcage* you life".

Do what you can to enjoy what you have.

Enjoy the *suitcase* out of your life.

Tear every minute of fun out of the *bramston pickle* that you can.

None of that other *badger*s really matters, *suitcase* will either work out the way you want or it won't.

You can't do anything about it so why wait?

Life is either long enough that you will get there eventually or so short it doesn't matter.

Won't people like the AA train you to be an instructor for a commitment of a certain number of years of franchise work?

It'll either work or it won't, what's the worst that could happen?

You'll go bankrupt? You say you can't get a mortgage anyway.

No loss there.

I think he is referring to the bloody horrible standard of written English.

That would make sense.

I had to struggle through a deal to sell the swiss arms bag and acog style red dot sight shown in the picture to the guy - it was challenging, to say the least.

Now that I've found out he apparently doesn't have a defence of any kind and therefore acquired both RIFs illegally (although that's the sellers' lookout, not mine) I'll be making sure I avoid dealing with him in the future.

OK so I felt with this as long as I can but now I need to figure out why it does this.

I'm guess it's over heating.

I use my laptop a lot, I ha e it connected to my TV via HDMI, its an Acer Chromebook.

Every now and then it just freezes but I still have audio,

The mirrored to TV is the same image when it freezes. Same on the laptop but unlike the TV I can still see the cursor.

The laptop video is frozen as well.

Only fix is to hard reset, it lives on the power cable and rarely if ever gets unplugged.

I can keep it going all night when I sleep but 1 hour before I go to bed it decides to do its issue 3 times.

I don't get it and it has nothing to do with my web sites. I use adblock and pop-up block like all should.

What OS?

What graphics chipset?

What antivirus?

Basically I'd check that you have the latest versions of:

Motherboard drivers

BIOS

Graphics drivers

OS updates

Whichever video player you use

.net framework

Your antivirus

and any runtimes you use like Silverlight, Java, Flash etc.

Update the drivers and Flash from the manufacturers (watch out for a sneaky Norton/Mcafee/Chrome installer on the Flash website.

Get everything else from www.ninite.com

Run msconfig and stop all the trash that loads on startup

Install and run ccleaner (piriform)

Install and run malwarebytes (ninite)

If that doesn't fix the issue run hardware monitor so see if you are thermal throttling.

If that doesn't work and the only thing you use if for is video, productivity software and browser games then install the latest LTE edition of Ubuntu and watch everything just work.

It runs like a phone so I'd have to "jailbrake" it.

I'd not like to brick it.

It's a Chromebook, so that's its OS.

Oh.

Well, ChromeOS is actually a custom distribution of Linux.

You don't have to jailbreak it, you just have to put it into developer mode.

It is totally reversible.

You will have to back up your data before you do it but there is basically no downside.

Linux is (in every way) better and more powerful than ChromeOS.

If you have an ARM (phone) processor in it you will be a bit limited but if you have a better Intel X86 chip in it then you will be golden.

Have a look:

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343

Flat tyre. I changed the front two tyres maybe 2 months ago. Fingers crossed it can be repaired! Otherwise £80 for new, not too bad for direct from a garage, but I can get the same tyre online for £30 cheaper! Can't get home on the spare as its a space saver so it'll have to be.

Bloody cars, only just done the front springs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is going to buy any tyres go for Kumho tyres as they are offering an accident damage policy at the mo that's second to none!   

Work was OK till my spreader broke a motor mount.

Been through 15 the last 3 weeks so we are done with it.

I fixed up a spare machine and stole a lot of parts from my machine.

New cable for forward, took tires from my machine as they were new last year.

Not my machine but what we use, we have newer lesco machines with Subaru motors and they kick *albatross*.

Very much like what I use now

cb4d08d9cbad3abe9bd5d6853fd216a4.jpg

What we have now for 3 of our guys, can't wait until I get one of these.

badac45d4a23889e392b3466f8fba435.jpg

Upside is mine is fast as hell, had to put the limiter lever back on the handle. You can see it here on the right side of the handle bar on the rear ght hand side. We also have a machine like this one, I love it because it has electric start.

352779d0417f32b417bd45aea34a410b.jpg

If anyone is going to buy any tyres go for Kumho tyres as they are offering an accident damage policy at the mo that's second to none!

Not a fan of Kumho tyres their noise and efficiency ratings aren't great imo.. I have Falken tyres on her at the moment and i'm really impressed. Had Falken on my mini and they weren't the best so changed to Yokos but this car came with Falken at the rear so thought I'd match at the fronts to give them a go. They're better than the Bridgestone fronts I had on there before! Way quieter too and handle better in the wet.

Sorry to derail the gripping, get it? discussion about car tyre brands (I like Michelin fyi), but my annoyance at the moment is waking up too damn early.  My body seems to think 05:19 is the best time to wake up even if I don't have to be up for hours.  I need to reset that somehow.

Sorry to derail the gripping, get it? discussion about car tyre brands (I like Michelin fyi), but my annoyance at the moment is waking up too damn early.  My body seems to think 05:19 is the best time to wake up even if I don't have to be up for hours.  I need to reset that somehow.

What?

That is the actual best feeling in the world.

Had all the sleep you need but can just chill in bed for a couple of hours?

Bliss.

That's all very well, but it certainly doesn't seem like that's all the sleep I need.  Still feel tired.  Maybe it doesn't help I go back sleep.  I guess messing with REM cycles?  Is it best to just get up when you wake up?

Archived