My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Don't know what to make of it.

If I follow the media then the majority of the elder British are bitter uneducated xenophobes with a nostalgia for the mighty British empire.

I know that's not the case.

Couldn't we just overthrow the EU parliament instead of you guys going away? :(

Gonna miss the ' Us ' feeling ( not US, but Us as in we, together )

I Don't know what to make of it.

If I follow the media then the majority of the elder British are bitter uneducated xenophobes with a nostalgia for the mighty British empire.

I know that's not the case.

Couldn't we just overthrow the EU parliament instead of you guys going away? :(

Gonna miss the ' Us ' feeling ( not US, but Us as in we, together )

I can still be in Brussels in just over 2 hours today haha... still in Europe. Still in EU, for now anyway. cheers

So... The butthurt remain campaigners are using the official government petition system to demand another referendum because they don't like the result of this one.

Meanwhile the SNP are demanding another Scottish independence referendum because they don't like the result of the last one.

Apparently, that's how referendums work - just keep redoing them until you get the result you want...

Here's the thing - voter intimidation is *WHY* elections were made into secret ballots.

If anyone asks me which way I voted, I tell them it's none of their business. That goes for every election, ever.

But if everyone can talk and get on the same page for the future of humanity then why not talk about it?

Same as the Yanks then:

"I overslept and was late for work today. Thanks Obama."

I'd love to be able to say that and get away with it but I have a job that is very lax.

You do realise that the UK has a Foreign Office whose duties include acting on behalf of British Subjects involved in "legal difficulties" overseas?

Which isn't to say they'd actually achieve anything, but we don't need the EU to protect our people.

You do realize that those retards elected here don't give a *suitcase* about anyone's foreign anything, and will keep rattling their saber until someone comes over and punches them into next Wednesday?

Seriously, this regime here is THAT dumb.

But if everyone can talk and get on the same page for the future of humanity then why not talk about it?

Because that's not what happens. That's what might happen if everyone was capable of acting like adults.

You do realize that those retards elected here don't give a *suitcase* about anyone's foreign anything, and will keep rattling their saber until someone comes over and punches them into next Wednesday?

Seriously, this regime here is THAT dumb.

Well, that's not good at all.

Although, in theory, the Foreign Office's intervention on behalf of said falsely imprisoned citizen could include anything up to and including having the SAS rescue him/her.

Not that it's at all likely, but it's possible.

Because that's not what happens. That's what might happen if everyone was capable of acting like adults.

Yeah, adults, the same people that drink, do drugs, act like highschool children and generally *fruitcage* off(make war for some reason or another).

We have the social security thing and tbh I may not get it even though I may work till I'm dead.

So... The butthurt remain campaigners are using the official government petition system to demand another referendum because they don't like the result of this one.

Expected but at the same time a tad childish considering the turnout was considerably higher than for a general election and every vote actually counted, it wasn't a massivly convicing win for leave but the predictions were remain just scraping a win anyway and I'm sure they wouldn't have been bitter about that, in some respects for me it represents what is wrong with the EU, their view is the only veiw, everyone else is wrong and reform is a word they've never heard of.

I'm also seeing a lot of posts on Facebook from remain voters saying things like 'I hear <insert country name> is nice"

Except all those countries being mentioned (Canada, Australia etc) have points based visa systems that the leave campaign has been arguing for and on the whole the people who have said that don't actually have the qualifications those countries require to get in anyway.

Fortunately I have a degree in animal behaviour and environmental engineering so am somewhat useful.

And I always thought Scotland would hold another referendum if they voted significantly differently to the test of the UK and every region voted to stay. I'm considering moving up to Scotland. ;)

Also, I just read one of my friends is looking at leaving the country. Just before the referendum she posted saying "the eu isn't ideal, but we should work at it rather than just up and leave."

Oh the irony.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain the logic of leaving the UK to join a larger union, somehow getting more independence and freedom into the bargain.

I was staunchly pro-UK, but in the last three years I've become so sick of Scotland's separatist BS that I'm now of the opinion screw 'em! Let them go then sit and watch their economy fall apart without the money they get from the rest of the UK...

Meanwhile the SNP are demanding another Scottish independence referendum because they don't like the result of the last one.

Apparently, that's how referendums work - just keep redoing them until you get the result you want...

Part of the first referendum was based on us staying in the eu. If the UK left the eu, they had the right to vote again. It was mentioned during the vote (for Scottish independence).

Edit:- for clarity. It doesn't matter if we did have another eu referendum, as the eu has already said do one. We can't go back. This is it, and regarding the points system am all set (but I'm not going to leave).

Also; another side note, as I said earlier, I've been told to leave this country now, as what I have tried to do (tried to keep the UK in the eu) is unpatriotic.

OK, I'm bored of this EU now.

From my point of view almost everybody is stupid and irrational.

Why would the response to a divisive vote like this result in anything other than stupid and/or irrational behaviour?

*fruitcage* everyone, I'm alright Jack.

I am a leaf on the wind.

I was staunchly pro-UK, but in the last three years I've become so sick of Scotland's separatist BS that I'm now of the opinion screw 'em! Let them go then sit and watch their economy fall apart without the money they get from the rest of the UK...

"I was staunchly pro-UK, but in the last three years I've become so sick of the UK's separatist BS that I'm now of the opinion screw 'em! Let them go then sit and watch their economy fall apart without the money they get from the rest of the EU..."

- Herman the German

"I was staunchly pro-UK, but in the last three years I've become so sick of the UK's separatist BS that I'm now of the opinion screw 'em! Let them go then sit and watch their economy fall apart without the money they get from the rest of the EU..."

- Herman the German

Yeah, except the British economy is better than most of the European countries and can survive on its own - even more so without having to send money to the EU to prop up the likes of Greece and Eire - whereas Scotland does not have an economy capable of surviving on its own. At least not with anything like the public expenditures they have now.

My gf is what's pissing me off today. We've had her nephew since Tuesday while her sister is recovering from a round of chemo. She pitches a fit that I'm not helping her because I went for a ride with a mate for 2 hours today.

She conveniently overlooks the fact that the last thing I did before i went was bake cupcakes with the kid and actually took last week off work myself help her out. (which was wasted, as the chemo got pushed back a week).

So it seems the kids dad can go to Scotland to a music festival to play with his band for the entire weekend leaving his wife in the house and his son with someone else but I'm the bad guy for having a couple of hours out in the sun with a mate.

Maybe she's worried about her sister and was trying to start a fight? Had that with most of the people I've gone out with (including my wife), not everyone is like that sure, but sometimes people vent thier fears by arguing over nothing.

I remedied the situation with Indian food and some ice cream.

I'm still abandoning her tomorrow though. Airsoft is not to be messed with.

And I have all the explosives to use. Bangs of all flavours. Launchable bangs. Command detonation Bangs. Impact Bangs. And timed Bangs.

Tomorrow is not a sneaky sniper day.

Tomorrow is noisy day.

Also, Bombo rum is delicious.

IIRC the legislation makes it ok on the basis of it being for a "pyrotechnic effect" which since we aren't destroying anything airsoft pyro is classified as.

If it were to emit BB or dried pea shrapnel it would no longer be.

Archived