My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I got my UKARA at a fairly big site attached to a UKARA retailer, let's call them BlandFlurrier.

I have a box sat in customs, and UKARA sent me an email telling me that BlunderWangrier's insurance has expired, so my UKARA number is invalid until they get that sorted out.

That was on the 1st of July. Not only have FransBoiler not sorted their insurance out yet, they had a *fruitcage* skirmish on the 3rd of July with about 70 people.

So not only will their total incompetence possibly result in my box being incinerated (because you can't just call the UK Border Force, they are apparently not to be contacted by us mere mortals) but also if anyone had fallen over and broken their ankle last sunday and tried to sue them, they could have put the entire sport in the UK in the *suitcase*.

To top that all off, the box contains my G3a3 with a wood kit, along with a bunch of one-of-a-kind pistols. I will be very, VERY displeased if that goes up in smoke.

Helpful...

I can only suggest getting in touch with customs and trying to explain that UKARA isn't the only proof of defence and its not your fault that some site hasn't kept their insurance up to date.

Hope you can resolve the issue.

Helpful...

I can only suggest getting in touch with customs and trying to explain that UKARA isn't the only proof of defence and its not your fault that some site hasn't kept their insurance up to date.

Hope you can resolve the issue.

Already tried, but apparently even customs don't have a direct line to UKBF, they only have the ability to raise an inquiry.

Odd, since it's the job of Customs to inspect imports and assess duties and taxes on them.

Why must all government departments make life as hard as possible by insisting on staying in the Regency period where all communication was carried out with pen and paper?

*fruitcage* e-passport gates at Gatwick.  15 of them, only 5 being used with an utterly massive queue.  I get to the front and ask the women why if there are 15 gates, only 5 of them are working.  She replies there is only her on duty.  I ask surely the whole point of them is that you don't need people.  She replies they have to have people there to direct the people that can't work them to a manned desk.  I reply surely that job could be done by sign.  She didn't look too impressed.

I guess the real reason is they can slow you down to try and hide how shocking they are at getting your bags to baggage reclaim.  Which was a *suitcase* show too.  No one there, bags spilling of the belts like I had walked in after the apocalypse or some thing.

Anyway, some observations from my recent trip to Italy.

Taxi drivers have no clue where they're going.  No GPS, spending the entire journey on their radio asking for directions. 

If you're out a bar/restaurant and there's a sign that says toilets, that will most likely be a lie and there will be a singular toilet for the entire establishment and it likely someone will have nicked the seat I noticed.

- Things you seemingly don't have to worry about when driving

- Paying attention to speed limits

- Performing safe overtakes

- Lane discipline

Pizza was alright through.

Everyday, on Italian roads, I am on the verge of blowing a fuse. I cannot understand why there arn't more corpses and wrecks strewn about. Also, the stupidity goes through the roof now that it's summer.

Hitman,

Where were you?

Tom.

I remember vaguely when I was a kid on holiday in Rome for a week. The only time we could cross a road safely was when there was a group of nuns crossing. They were the only thing the drivers would even consider slowing down for.

WW2 photos on Pinterest really p*ss me off as it seems at least 50% of them are fakes, badly described or blatently modern digital reenactment photos and idiots just perpetuate the bullsh*t.

Tom.

Had a stupid dream again, wtf causes stupid dreams?

In my case, it's melatonin. I had to lay it off after having several of those.

Also, it's pissing from the sky, my coworkers are idiots, and I correctly predicted blinding headache. Good that I managed to pack painkillers in the morning.

Painkillers are also part of my everyday carry. Unfortunately paracetamol and ibuprofen don't help me that much anymore so it's often a codeine based painkiller. I don't use them that often though.

Kind of curious as to what your everyday carry items are now heh.

5.11 push pack (OD)

Multi tool

Paracetamol x6

Ibuprofen x6

Condoms x2

Moist towelette x2

MRE energy drink powder (orange) x1

Sharpie (red) x1

Sharpie (blue) x1

Biro (black)

Sunscreen (small tin)

Paracord bracelet

And usually a couple of breakaways or kitkats if I haven't scoffed them.

Skarclaw, does your rape whistle not warn the girls...?

:P

On me always is a knife, small torch and a hankie. Phone is not usually far away.

Out of the house I'll add a pen, wallet/ID and a watch (hate wearing a watch at home for some reason).

Work bag has tons of *suitcase* in it.

Big torch, spare batteries, powerbank, phone leads, lighters, multitool, paracord, notepads, gloves, some warm kit, binos/monocular, FAK, space blankets, scrote gel, telescopic magnet, dashcam, KFS, superglue, A-Z.

And probably more I've missed.

Edit, yep, waterbottle too.

Spare pens, marker pen.

Archived