My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that the site have dropped the ball shouldn't invalidate *your* defence.

You're not buying from a UKARA retailer, you're importing - while a check on the database is a quick way for UKBF to check, it's not the be-all and end-all of defences and they should be aware of that.

I hope someone at their end will use some sense and realise that you have a valid defence even though the site has lapsed their insurance.

It might be worth getting in touch with UKARA and the UKASGB to let them know that a member site is operating without valid insurance in contravention of their rules.

I am speaking from a position of total ignorance but for a site to run without insurance seems such an extraordinary risk... I mean it's not implausible but I'd be minded to put it down on the UKARA peeps. Last year when I tried to get UKARA signed off by South Coast CQB they said they'd been waiting at least a month to hear back from UKARA. 

The fact that the site have dropped the ball shouldn't invalidate *your* defence.

You're not buying from a UKARA retailer, you're importing - while a check on the database is a quick way for UKBF to check, it's not the be-all and end-all of defences and they should be aware of that.

I hope someone at their end will use some sense and realise that you have a valid defence even though the site has lapsed their insurance.

It might be worth getting in touch with UKARA and the UKASGB to let them know that a member site is operating without valid insurance in contravention of their rules.

I''ve already argued that with UKBF but they claim that they cannot verify that from their end, only that my UKARA number comes back as invalid.

Has anyone contacted the site to let them know? I ask as a few years ago my regular site had a similar issue where the insurance had been renewed but the ukara database still said it hadn't

Have done, several times, but they have so far just told me that they are "trying to get the documents to UKARA HQ". Which seems suspect, considering that it costs all of £1.74 to send a letter by next day signed for delivery.

DarkLite's post reminds me of a day when a certain retailer was praised and considered highest in the UK while another was considered trash and awful.

They are less than 50 miles away from each other. Flash forward to now and I have seen the scales switch, one bcoming better, the other clearly much worse.

Well I get discount from one of them and they are cheaper overall so might just stick with them then, so much for a good business staying good. Glad we have somewhat more options now ;).

'FireKnife'

I don't go to hospitals

Round is a shape

Tell that to the thug that's holding up the joint.

If said thug decides to put some leaks in you, you'll go to a hospital...

Also, maybe sort your booze issue before you start sporting a firearm.

While you're right in my opinion, let him know by PM. Sorting personal problems is best done in a personal atmosphere, not so much on a public board. :)

Now before I come across as a wise *albatross*: let me contribute.

That cute little crazy woman I met?

I see very clear similarities in how my ex behaved. So am I unknowingly looking for trouble or am I seeing ghost. Don't want tight assed girls no mo. ( FireKnife, please... It's a figure of speach.)

Any one know pretty girls between 25 and 30 that are fun and do not have some form of authistic behaviour?

I'd like to convince myself they exist.

While you're right in my opinion, let him know by PM. Sorting personal problems is best done in a personal atmosphere, not so much on a public board. :)

He mentions it publicly all the time.

lol ok round jason bourne

Not that good but I'm a quick thinker.

If said thug decides to put some leaks in you, you'll go to a hospital...

Also, maybe sort your booze issue before you start sporting a firearm.

Can't go into a establishment with a gun where more than 50% of sales are alcohol related.

As for the hospital I'll take my chances.

Archived