My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car people! Lend me your ears and kindly advice.

I've recently bought a Yaris from a mate, got quite a good deal for it and it's cheaper to insure than my shitheap of a fiesta.

I've been driving it for a week and it's a solid car so far. There is one niggling issue I notice every time I drive, however. Normally, when the steering wheel is turned off-centre, left or right, one expects the wheel to return to centre line when you accelerate. In the Yaris, however, this feature doesn't trigger unless the wheel is at a 45 degree angle or more. This makes the car feel jerky at times, as you're constantly compensating for this lack of compensation.

I've done some preliminary googling and lots of people say it's a "Yaris thing" - And truthfully it's probably something I can get used to, but I'd prefer to get it working if I can.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it might be? I've seen suggestions ranging from camber on the tires to damage on the steering rack.

I've booked it in for aservice on the 22nd anyway, so I'll ask then as well.

Only time I ever seen that system work was in a g1 talon.

Every new vehicle I have ever driven never did that but then again I never take my hand/s off the wheel.

Your steering issue is unlikely to be related to the roll bar, however, if you do replace the connecting bolts give me a shout and I'll let you know which ones I went with because there are several aftermarket versions out there.

Tom.

I highly doubt it's this.

ebcb4579f4dea3a52b215164b99c5fd2.jpg

But this wouldn't matter either.

df223f523b5a7a24298fb4acbc133868.jpg

I know it's still something, but I managed 5k Sunday and again Tuesday and I was making bloody good time today.

Recovery time. You're getting old, and it takes longer.

Life sucks, I know this first-hand...!

This waiting for Han Solo's blaster by WE is getting tedious. First world problems.

Note to self. If I cant find a pork pie check the millenium falcon's gun turret. My son likes to hide them in it *shakes fist* 'Matthew. . . .' Also at £60, the latest millenium falcon toy is a bargain, and works well, within the realm of its intended purpose (a childs toy).

Tinkerton,

My post was unrelated to his steering issue, see post above yours. Simply that he and I have a Yaris.

Alias,

Ok, so I forgot to put in 'Anti' in my second post and see above.

This steering problem is not an issue on my Mark I Yaris.

Tom.

This waiting for Han Solo's blaster by WE is getting tedious. First world problems.

Note to self. If I cant find a pork pie check the millenium falcon's gun turret. My son likes to hide them in it *shakes fist* 'Matthew. . . .' Also at £60, the latest millenium falcon toy is a bargain, and works well, within the realm of its intended purpose (a childs toy).

http://kyairsoft.com/shop/product/aw-k00000-k00001-bundle-hand-made-limited-edition-39442

Apparently I get to be in yet another parade on a hot *suitcasey* day tomorrow.  Father in panic mode because we don't have materials to make more fans (which he had weeks to procure ahead of time for surprise parades like this one).  I expect to be stuck gluing sticks to flyers either later tonight or tomorrow if the printing company fulfills an order.

*fruitcage* local politics.

Mrs tink has, at some point, reversed into my corrado.

I can deduce this, by the fact there is a dent in the nearside rear wheel arch, some silver paint, and some oddly familiar blue paint on the offside rear of the bumper on Mrs Tinks polo.

*albartroth* hats.

Yes. They think he got caught out in the sun and was weak and wheezy. Vets looked after him for a night and got him well fed up and watered. We picked him up today and put him back in the garden in a shelter we put together to keep him shaded until nightfall.

Double post rebel...

Just been forced off the road by a twat in a Ferrari on my side of the road, shredding my front tyre against the kerb I hit and bounced off.

If my little boy wasn't in the back at the time I would have held my line...

Archived