My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you really need a diesel, it's best to avoid. Urban driving and dpf doesn't mix. They can create massive headaches for you if you're not getting it to regenerate regularly. For driving instructor work, I would say it has to be petrol.

At that age/budget I would probably look at Mondeo. Had one a few years back as a company car, was very very good. Another one I really liked was my 03 Honda accord tourer type S. 2.4 litre view engine :) not the most efficient but a great drive.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I actually suggested a moondog and an accord!

I agree about diesels. Time was that the switch over point was about 10k a year but with the associated costs and problems I reckon its nearer 16k a year, especially considering there's usually only a few pence difference in price per litre, as well.

I would consider how the government is ramping up to absolutely *suitcase* on diesel car owners in the near future.  What with petrol cars having the better emissions in reality.  But I suppose any changes will be from the point of the start of a car's life.

Which tax are you worried about? If it's road tax, that's not usually a massive difference when you factor in all running costs (although it's been a little bit since I've looked in detail) When I got my last car, 2.5t smax, I was after a diesel. But the purchase price for the petrol was about half. Obviously the mpg sucked in comparison but overall it worked out cheaper. And more fun :)

Some cars are more prone to issues with dpf, but as long as you are doing regular longer faster runs it should be OK.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ok Checkdisk turned up no errors, rolling it back to last good configure before the update hasn't fixed it so I'm now really confused

Also why is it I drop everything when friends need me but 90% of the time when I ask for something their all slow/incompetent/useless

Also just *fruitcage* 2016 it's been *suitcase* can we skip to 2017 yet?

Stealth mod edit wasn't me.

Mrs tink is being womanly about the graphics card. "we need to stop spending money, I don't understand what it does, why is it so expensive? we're supposed to be trying to save a deposit for a house!"

Guess who has £60/70 odd haircuts every month? not this *fruitcage*.

Archived