My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a two a day red bull head myself, the sugar is the worst part but surprisingly red bull contains less sugar then a can of coke. I get more of a buzz of a double espresso of good quality coffee TBH but it's the taste that has me hooked.

On a side not how many users does Arnies website have these days? not nearly as many as three or four years ago. Seems very quiet these days. We need more people like squad 701 and wolf George to post some pictures of their slick collections of exotic and rare guns. Why can't you upload photos without the need of photobucket. Instagram and FB are killing Arnies IMO because it's so much easier to upload photos.

I might give imgur a go as I find it painfully slow to use Photobucket these days. Maybe I just need to get a new laptop. It's still the best airsoft forum spot in the world (English speaking) IMO, but it defo has less users then ever, what other reasons are at play?

Facebook was killing the forums mostly just because it is a single platform where you can have everything.

Some people are starting to come back now that they've banned RIF sales, but that's not enough, and there are too many different places.

If everyone went to one of the sites (preferably Arnie's because it's the best, as you say), then it would be the way forward; but they'll all spread out. Some here, some to zero one, some to weaponcrates, some to prefired, etc.

The community is too fragmented.

I will give Imgur a go, thanks! Do you think if they changed the 50 post rule to use the classified section more people would use Arnies? those other sites are good for selling but the most Knowledgeable airsoft discussions happen on Arnies.

Maybe, yeah - but that rule was put there for a good reason.

The advantage of the forum format over Facebook is how much easier it is to find information from an old post. I can search on here and dig up a post from five or more years ago that answers my question. On Facebook it's not as easy.

What smells like a mountain of burning tyres and obscures both lanes of the road with a thick cloud of Bond-esque counter measure level smoke?  The Seat Ibiza I was briefly behind today.  That was one poorly car.  I cannot believe the driver thought it was acceptable to drive it like that.  Madness.

Talking of DPF delete e.t.c. It's odd that seeing as the government is so keen to reduce emissions, gutting DPFs is not illegal.  Illegal to run a car with one yes, but not the actual act of gutting.  Whack a £200K or some other crazy high fine for anyone doing it and it will cut down on it dramatically.  Go on pretty much any car forum and you will see DPF delete, decat e.t.c listed in car specs in peoples sigs and threads asking for places who do it.

I know it's drop in the ocean compared to the big stuff that contributes to emissions but every little helps right.

That matches so many other things - not illegal to listen to emergency services radio (just to act on it); not illegal to fit blue lights to your car (just to use them on the road); not illegal to own knuckle dusters (just to buy/sell/import/carry/use them) etc. etc...

That matches so many other things - not illegal to listen to emergency services radio (just to act on it); not illegal to fit blue lights to your car (just to use them on the road); not illegal to own knuckle dusters (just to buy/sell/import/carry/use them) etc. etc...

Depends on the sort of blue lights... Flashing = a no-no, constant are legal.

And really chavvy.

Well that's interesting.  I've always thought you're not allowed any other colour that white and amber up front, amber to sides and white, amber and red to the rear.

What about red up front as DRLs?  Weren't chavs constantly getting pulled for their blue washer nozzle lights when they were a thing.

You can't show red to the front. same as showing white to the rear (number plate lights/reverse lights are exempt, obviously).

They could confuse other drivers so aren't allowed :)

Edit, road traffic act states what is allowed. Somewhat confusingly!

RTA

Being pulled for blue lights, and committing an offence for having them are 2 separate things. It's using ways and means to give a vehicle the once-over, and usually opens up a whole host of offences! Saying that, cops don't need any reason to stop a vehicle, they just can.

Archived