My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

I can understand how some people will watch a movie and see one thing, when another person will see something different (The Exorcist springs to mind). I don't like any of the Godfather movies (they make me feel sick to be honest), but I love The Conversation and Apocalypse Now. Again, it's to do with what I see, when I watch any of The Godfather movies and then what I see when I watch The Conversation.

Now a *suitcase* movie is The Happening, real piece of *suitcase* movie (though it does have a massage). But I like Signs, which a lot of people can't stand.

Today's rant, can't decided on what to buy. More warhammer stuff (do need more space wolves) or Resident Evil (The game thats just been released). First world *fruitcage* problems.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Happening. Like an old B-movie\sci-fi movie with a jokey approach. I don't know how people call Lynch a visionary, and Shyamalan a hack. I always know a Shyamalan movie, when I see one. Unlike hundreds of other directors that only make the most generic movies.

I went to go see La La Land. Thought it was an amusing movie, but hardly worth the 14 Oscar noms it got.

There was a fatal hit and run on a cyclist a few days back near me. Found out today the victim was an old friend from from schools brother. So that sucks. People disgust me.

Liked, but you know what I mean.

A lot of people just need executing. They really do.

Edit, that sounds really cold, I don't mean your friends brother, obviously the person who hit him.

Some people are just scared, lost or stupid. The young are more of those then the older. Let's not jump to damning a murderer until we find his motives for leaving the scene.

Not that it makes the act any less despicable, just makes us a little less savage.

'There's always the sad cases' one of the best lines in a Judge Dredd comic.

With regards to the hit and run, *fruitcage* 'em. They hit a person and left them to die, in my book that turns it from manslaughter to murder. If more people got charged with murder for fleeing a crime scene (were they've ran some one over) I would hope it would make people stop and try to save the poor sod they hit.

Today's rant:- a child can not be late for school. You, the parent, are the one who is late, late dropping them off. A five year old does what the parent asks. Heard this today after dropping my daughter off 'still that put it down, you're late for school and you're playing on an iPad'. The parent was dropping thier child off in a vehicle, which am pretty sure the child wasn't driving.

A five year old does what the parent asks.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you don't have a lot of experience with toddlers and young children.

You're right up to a point - the responsibility lies with the parent - but it's really not as simple as that.

What smhook said.

Got a five year old and a three year old. If am late dropping my child off, I don't blame her and I sure as hell wouldn't try to humiliate her (in public or private).

Edit:- there is an exemption. Special needs. But if the child did have special needs, then that makes what the parent did even worse.

Wouldn't happen with me. Shoes are put on in front of me as we leave. Have a routine and stick to it, maybe am lucky that both my children are prone to follow instruction.

They mess about sure, but you allocate for that (takes 15 minutes to put a coat on and shoes) and make sure you leave with time to spare. Some people have a problem with time keeping, some don't. Swings and roundabouts.

I knew a lot of mates who's parents didn't careless what state they left for school in, just so long as they left. And then people who would be late every day, but not look as though they rushed out. Moral of the story is five year olds can't drive a car. If the child's late, then it's 100% parents fault. As you can throw shoes/coat into the car but putting an ipad in shouldn't be a priority (especially as you're running late).

Scenario: tell your child to put on their shoes.

Expectation: child will locate shoes and put them on their feet.

Reality: child will remove trousers and start playing with their sibling's uneaten breakfast.

Result; *badger*ing and shoes applied to child with vigour.

Archived