My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

christ the saga of the lost box (From *fruitcage* JULY) continues:

1) Friend sends me a box full of my pistols and magazines worth roughly £4000 but doesn't tell me he's sent it or the tracking number
2) Box doesn't get delivered, instead sits in the parcelfarce edinburgh depot for a month and they don't contact me
3) Box gets returned to sender in July 2016
4) I find out about missing box
5) Box never arrives in HK
6) HK post tells me they need ParcelFarce to send me a letter to sign stating I didn't receive the package so they can investigate
7) Parcelfarce send me the letter but it never arrives
8) Parcelfarce send me the letter again but it arrives 2 weeks after the letter says it needs to be returned by
9) Parcelfarce send me the letter AGAIN, I fill it in and send it back and it never arrives
10) It is now nearly a *fruitcage* YEAR after it was originally sent from HK and I still have no box of pistols

giphy.gif

Because it's a twat sometimes.

If you're handy, appliances can be a relatively cheap fix yourself instead of a callout to someone.

Apologies for teaching you to suck eggs, but Google it, it may be a common fault and easily fixed.

As for the PC? They are little boxes containing nought but witchcraft and trouble...

###### christ the saga of the lost box (From *fruitcage* JULY) continues:

1) Friend sends me a box full of my pistols and magazines worth roughly £4000 but doesn't tell me he's sent it or the tracking number

2) Box doesn't get delivered, instead sits in the parcelfarce edinburgh depot for a month and they don't contact me

3) Box gets returned to sender in July 2016

4) I find out about missing box

5) Box never arrives in HK

6) HK post tells me they need ParcelFarce to send me a letter to sign stating I didn't receive the package so they can investigate

7) Parcelfarce send me the letter but it never arrives

8) Parcelfarce send me the letter again but it arrives 2 weeks after the letter says it needs to be returned by

9) Parcelfarce send me the letter AGAIN, I fill it in and send it back and it never arrives

10) It is now nearly a *fruitcage* YEAR after it was originally sent from HK and I still have no box of pistols

giphy.gif

Sorry to hear this is still going on. You keep using the word "friend" instead of "*Ubar*" though... 

Because it's a twat sometimes.

If you're handy, appliances can be a relatively cheap fix yourself instead of a callout to someone.

Apologies for teaching you to suck eggs, but Google it, it may be a common fault and easily fixed.

As for the PC? They are little boxes containing nought but witchcraft and trouble...

rented house so fortunately it's landlords issue, however I only have one clean pair of boxers...

Dartford and the whole area that I work in is absolutely up the *suitcase* because the bridge is closed.. absolute *badger*s. Can't get out to road test anything and my shift supervisor had his car crushed by a tree so I've copped supervisor role.. which means I'll be here later than usual. I guess he has a relatively decent excuse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. My driver came in saying she got hit by a table outside a Costa coffee in Northampton.

Turns out it was a piece of roof "the size of a coffee table", outside a Starbucks in Wolverhampton.

He got pretty much all the details wrong apart from the woman.

Won't drain. Non-standard noises but nowt that sounds 'broken'. Drain filter clear. Drain pump impeller free moving, and can feel when it goes past one of the poles in the motor housing.

Drum motor is fine, water supply fine.

You must have tinked it, then.

Mine's acting up from time to time, but when it failed to drain completely last time, I just set it to tumble dry and it worked. As long as it runs, you could try this one.

Won't drain. Non-standard noises but nowt that sounds 'broken'. Drain filter clear. Drain pump impeller free moving, and can feel when it goes past one of the poles in the motor housing.

Drum motor is fine, water supply fine.

Unless the drain outlet is blocked past the filter, it's highly likely it's the pump.

Some car related moaning from me today.

1.  When it's dark, you need your lights on.  Yes.  Even if you're just sitting in traffic.

2.  If you're not comfortable doing a proper speed on a NSL road.  Pull the *fruitcage* over and let the million cars you're holding up pass.

3.  Suitable times to put your fog lights on; when it's foggy.  Not when you feel the need to announce to everyone you're a world class bellend.  I've noticed Audi drivers in particular struggle to grasp this one.

Archived