My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay. So I'll have to go to the UPS depot to pick up my parcel.

The depot is in the *albatross*-end of my district, and the only consolation is, it's not in the *albatross*-end of the entire city, like DPD's.

I should have cut my losses and ditched the (still unavailable) bracers last month.

How come when you're trying to lose weight everyone tries to stop you?

'Hey, I want to lose weight because of excess fat on my *albartroth*'.

Que tons of responses that basically amount to 'why?'.

It's as though people are preprogrammed to disagree, with a person who is trying to achieve a goal/change/target/maximum effort. Could be a new job or selling unwanted tat. You always get some people looking for a negative spin (I can be negative but not when a person is trying to achieve something), instead of maybe being positive. Nothing wrong with having nothing to say, it's better in some ways to say nothing, it can stop you looking stupid.

Next person to ask why (when I've already said I want to lose excess body fat off my *albartroth*) gets to meet palm and her five sisters Lt Worf style.

Forgot my gloves today for le skirmish.

Naturally, spent the entire first hour of gameplay slowly pushing up a flanking action on a steep slope covered in nettles, brambles and thorns, requiring me to climb up said slope with no gloves.

Luckily, I only bled most of my blood.

Don't worry.

All bleeding stops.

How come when you're trying to lose weight everyone tries to stop you?

'Hey, I want to lose weight because of excess fat on my *albartroth*'.

Que tons of responses that basically amount to 'why?'.

It's as though people are preprogrammed to disagree, with a person who is trying to achieve a goal/change/target/maximum effort. Could be a new job or selling unwanted tat. You always get some people looking for a negative spin (I can be negative but not when a person is trying to achieve something), instead of maybe being positive. Nothing wrong with having nothing to say, it's better in some ways to say nothing, it can stop you looking stupid.

Next person to ask why (when I've already said I want to lose excess body fat off my *albartroth*) gets to meet palm and her five sisters Lt Worf style.

Combination of creeping acceptance of obesity and not wanting you to make them feel bad.

Because people just blurt out what they heard earlier withouth thinking. I'll say the same thing to skinny women. No need to lose fat if you're 50 kg...

Some people fast/diet because they think they need it and some people simply could use it. And then again other couldn't give an F.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Someone asks me to tell him how much it will be to upgrade his M14 Socom.

I give him the price.

He gets upset because last year he got me to upgrade his AK74 to the same standard and it cost less.

I tell him, politely, that the decline in the pound's value means that parts are now 20-25% more expensive as they are all manufactured overseas.

He then rants about how remoaners like me are just trying to talk the UK down and just want the UK's economy to fail because we're traitors to the people etc etc

I am not upgrading his M14 SOCOM.

The value of Sterling was already declining prior to the referendum, IIRC. Didn't the IMF or World Bank or whoever estimate that Sterling was 30% overvalued?

Brexit can't take all the blame for everything.

Over the long term, the pound was declining slowly. However, immediately after the result there was a massive collapse and the pound is still substantially lower than it was.

Untitled.png

And a longer analysis from 2015-2017:

brexpound_zpsk7rjrmy1.png

As for the IMF/World bank: Yes, though that was in 2015, and they said it was overvalued by 5-15%. That value was also calculated based on the assumption that we were going to stay in the EU.

Not trying to say that traders didn't react to Brexit news, just that there are currency trends and changes based on many factors, not just Brexit.

Continued SNP agitation for another referendum is one such factor.

Currencies rise and fall relative to each other, and your 'friend' was wrong to go off the deep end and rant about how you're putting the UK down by mentioning the *fact* that the pound has fallen relative to the currencies in SE Asia where airsoft stuff is made.

Not trying to say that traders didn't react to Brexit news, just that there are currency trends and changes based on many factors, not just Brexit.

Continued SNP agitation for another referendum is one such factor.

Currencies rise and fall relative to each other, and for your 'friend' was wrong to go off the deep end and rant about how you're putting the UK down by mentioning the *fact* that the pound has fallen relative to the currencies in SE Asia where airsoft stuff is made.

Of course, currencies and markets are volatile and change in ways we don't expect, but to shrug off the greatest single-day devaluation of the pound in it's entire history as being caused by things other than Brexit is at best naive and at worst disingenuous.

I did nothing of the kind, Darklite.

All I said was that it's not the only factor.

Hell, I'm actually on *your* side saying your friend was wrong to have a go at you. Did you even read my post?

Tink: I don't consider that we're misbehaving, but I'll leave it there. Tone doesn't come across well in text, I'm not annoyed or anything.

I did nothing of the kind, Darklite.

All I said was that it's not the only factor.

Hell, I'm actually on *your* side saying your friend was wrong to have a go at you. Did you even read my post?

Tink: I don't consider that we're misbehaving, but I'll leave it there. Tone doesn't come across well in text, I'm not annoyed or anything.

I'll leave it lie.

Also I think I replied before I saw your edited post so that typo threw me off a bit.

In any case, I was posting about how I'm utterly done with dealing with idiots who voted to leave getting upset about the effects of voting to leave and blaming people who are just pointing out the effects of voting to leave.

Second rant of the day:

Council point blank refuses to pay me any of the council tax I had to pay whilst unemployed (circa £800 or so) because I cannot provide evidence that I was on JSA at the time.

I cannot do this because the Council, my previous employer, put me on a zero-hour contract without my permission so I was technically employed and therefore could not apply for JSA. It took them 4 months to sort that out.

When I point this out to them they have evaded the point, with one person I talked to going so far as to suggest I take them to court and see if that gets me anywhere. Thanks to the Tories that will cost me £1000 in legal fees which I do not have. Fan-*fruitcage*-tastic.

It's not small claims, it would apparently fall under the auspice of an employment tribunal, type B claim, and as such the total fee I would have to pay is £1,200.

I could get some of that waived if I had proof that I was unemployed and on JSA but, oh wait, technically I'm employed for 0 hours a month.

Archived