My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Well that sucks. 

So this 4 months in limbo.  You thought you were no longer employed by the council.  I can't remember how you discovered you were on a zero hour contract.  Surely you left the council, went to JSA and they would have told you you're in fact still employed by the council? Or is that too logical for our joke of a government.

A no win, no fee type of thing should be able tear them apart I would have thought.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I and some colleagues went to tribunal some years ago over holiday pay. I don't recall having to pay any fee, least of all £1200. Are you sure that's right?

Either way, what they've done is disgraceful and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Good luck to you.

You would be surprised what goes on within the tribunal system, especially with regards to zero hour contracts (basically *fruitcage* people over and forcing them to find other avenues to feed themselves).

How about being told you have to attend two interviews to prove you're eligible for benefits (mental illness issues) that are in different places but within ten minutes (one appointment in bootle at 2.15pm and the other to attend a review in Kirkby at 2.25pm, on the same day). Get told to not worry and it's fine, it must be a mistake. Then they stop your benefits for failure to attend an interview. Even though they said it's fine.

There is a lot more to this story but it's up setting me typing this down. It's not I who have been through this but an old school friend of mine. After recording interviews and sending details to a news paper, did they finally resolve the issue.

The level of incompetency government agencies show is staggering, and would cause a private firm to fold within minutes.

In other news, does anyone know about international copywright law? My wife has had her logo stolen from her page and/or website and used in South Africa. She's rather off...

Well that sucks. 

So this 4 months in limbo.  You thought you were no longer employed by the council.  I can't remember how you discovered you were on a zero hour contract.  Surely you left the council, went to JSA and they would have told you you're in fact still employed by the council? Or is that too logical for our joke of a government.

A no win, no fee type of thing should be able tear them apart I would have thought.

DWP go "We can start you on JSA from today if you want to put in an application but we cannot backdate JSA, nor can we acknowledge that you were actually unemployed from Oct 2016 because the Council said you were working for them at that time."

Council go "We can't acknowledge you were unemployed from Oct 2016 because the DWP says you weren't and we won't check our own records for some inane reason."

The fees aren't set by the solicitor - they are set by the courts, since July 2013, thanks to the Tories.

I and some colleagues went to tribunal some years ago over holiday pay. I don't recall having to pay any fee, least of all £1200. Are you sure that's right?

Either way, what they've done is disgraceful and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Good luck to you.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/problems-at-work/employment-tribunals-from-29-july-2013/what-will-it-cost-to-make-a-claim-to-an-employment-tribunal/employment-tribunals-how-much-will-it-cost-to-make-a-claim/

Unfortunately, yes. I even have to pay before I can submit a claim.

Set up a Go Fund Me for the fees?

Be aware though, that there is a strict (and short) time limit on filing for tribunal and they count from the date of the incident or issue, so if you don't file while you're waiting for the outcome of your company's dispute process, they *will* drag that process out until you're out of time (which is what they did to our claim). Make sure you check the time limit before going further. If you're already out of time there's nothing you can do.

*fruitcage* *suitcase* *Ubar* *badger*s BRUSSELS!

The European Commission has, once again, insane demands. And the desk monkeys over here hardly give a *suitcase* about our own procedures. I'm trying to sort it out, but my brain has gone walkies and all I want is a blanket, a big jar of cookies and for everyone to *fruitcage* off.

Bloody great. The documents and procedures are an absolute cluster*fruitcage*, which means I'll have to write a lengthy explanation.

Also, I want to know which idiot piled shitload of work for the entire *fruitcage* April. Particularly just before Easter.

Got the feeling you're in need of another job, Mike. I thought you were in the process of resigning your current job? Am I wrong?

Ps. Bloody Belgians don't know how to fix their administration either. Belgian bureaucrazy is one of our major export products...

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Got the feeling you're in need of another job, Mike. I thought you were in the process of resigning your current job? Am I wrong?

Ps. Bloody Belgians don't know how to fix their administration either. Belgian bureaucrazy is one of our major export products...

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I was considering it, but when I read the job offers loaded with so much corporate newspeak I thought I'm gonna puke, I just shut down and got even more depressed.

Seriously, I have no idea what half of those jobs mean, and the other half are call centers.

Saw a meme today which bothered me.

It was about how pets probably don't understand the concept of an accident, so they probably think that you tread on them on purpose.

I find this a bit upsetting that the cat probably thinks I kick him once in a while just to be a *rickroll*.

Saw a meme today which bothered me.

It was about how pets probably don't understand the concept of an accident, so they probably think that you tread on them on purpose.

I find this a bit upsetting that the cat probably thinks I kick him once in a while just to be a *rickroll*.

We have 2 dogs. One has no common sense and is always getting smacked/trodden on/door closed on him. Genuinely no malice from us, but he must think "why me and not the other one?"

It's horrible.

They also don't have a concept of cause and effect, or guilt.

If your pet looks 'guilty' after doing something you don't like, it's not guilty. It's frightened. It fears punishment because it can tell you're displeased with it. It may or may not know why.

My rag doll is the sweetest cat I ever had. She litterly would never plan or hurt anyone.

Ragdolls are special cases, they're what cats should be like. Soft and cuddly. Our two are very vocal with trills and chirrups. They'll reach out and pat you for some attention, and they follow my wife around the house.

Archived