My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for your loss, it kind of puts my whining into perspective but here goes.

I'm currently annoyed with myself for still being surprised at the half arsed lazy journalism by the BBC. According to their report this morning I'm likely to turn into a psychotic killer due to my medication. Their reasoning is that the guy who shot up a cinema in Colorado was on the same drugs. Never mind the fact that these meds have been successfully prescribed and taken by millions of people around the world for years

Media are moronic no matter who they work for. Example from a local news site (with a decidedly liberal, anti-government bent): in an interview with an opposition member who had her run-ins with the so-called "law" back in the commie times, the interviewer said something along the lines "But the government will exert its control over the judiciary in only a few percent of the cases, the ones where the government will have a political gain". Unsurprisingly, the opposition member lost her *suitcase* and schooled her.

Seriously, how the *fruitcage* can the people of the media be so absolutely retarded?!

I think most of the time accusations of media bias say more about the accuser then the media. There is a long article on the bbc about the James Holmes which I think was perfectly reasonable. Whether or not lots of information was lost if it was broadcast on the radio or whatever I don't know but reading the article I did not see anything to suggest that people on SSRIs are "likely to turn into a psychotic killer".

I haven't seen the online article but the piece broadcast this morning was basically giving air time to some guy who made a lot of claims but gave hardly any evidence (specifically concentrating on Sertraline rather than SSRIs in general) . They then only gave a quick mention that others disagree before moving on. A quick look online and the only sites I could find that backed up the claims were quack pseudoscience pages like natural news or scientology pages

Guys, don't upset him...

:P

The best thing about biting your lip - and evolution - is that when you do, the bitten area swells up, and you repeatedly bite that same area over the next few days. Apparently, we have evolved to bite outprselves better, and it doesn't hurt so it's ok.

Also, this paltry attempt of 'it's summer for 2 hours a day' can choke on a bowl of *rickrolls*.

Washing machine has packed in again.

Bloody tired of having it fail, and it's never been much cop as it's a stupid washer/dryer.

Folks, how do you dry your clothes? We've a rotary washing line outside but, y'know, british weather and all...

No dryer for us, we use an outside line and an indoor maiden.

However, that's really p*****g me off, so am going to reinstate the unused washer/dryer in the garage for just drying, and will buy a proper dryer for in there before Christmas. No room in the house for it at the moment. Or near future!

Edit, beat the swear filter.

Archived