My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to be with Eon for gas and leccy, which was great, earned Tesco clubcard points for meals out, and whenever their tariff dropped they'd notify me so I could switch.

Then their prices went up, so I used uSwitch and found the Co-Op would be cheaper, so switched.

Electricity went through fine, gas didn't.

Apparently on the national database, my address was wrong, so I called Eon and asked them to update it. A few weeks later I chased Co-Op to get it sorted their end, again I was told the address was wrong, but this time they told me what the database had as my address, which was actually correct, apart from "Plot 95" being added on the end of the town name.

So I emailed back and said "Are you telling me I need to contact Eon and get them to remove 'Plot 95' from the address before you can take over the gas?"

Got a reply "Please ignore all previous emails, we have now updated the address. Supply a meter reading for the 24th April to your current supplier"

Which I did, and thankfully our gas meter is sunken so I use my phone to see the screen and take a photo.

Jump forward several months, the gas details still aren't showing on Co-Op's website for me, but they sent me a letter saying my direct debit was going to drop from £66 a month to £47 as I was £400 in credit.

Having a use for the money, I asked for a refund, and submitted the latest meter readings. Got told there was a discrepancy with the gas figure given to them by Eon, so could I confirm my final Eon bill reading.

Looks like they estimated it, and added an extra 134 cubic meters of gas! Thankfully Google images had the photo I'd taken back in April, with a figure of 2229, and the current figure is 2292, while Eon estimated 2363 back in April.

It can take 6-8 weeks to sort out, then they will decide what my direct debit should be and if I can have a refund.

On top of that, Anglian Water is upping our direct debit from £27 a month to £47, because we apparently used £95 more water than what they expected. I've got to query it, not helped by there being no sign of our meter, as there's only me and the wife here, we have short showers not baths, use the dishwasher and washing machine twice a week, don't leave the water running while brushing our teeth, operate a "if it's yellow, let it mellow" policy at night to reduce flushes, and don't use the garden hose. So our water usage should be really low, not at the high end of average.

To make matters worse, I've got a summer cold. I hate being bunged up.

Energy companies just seem to make figures up. Always have, always will.

As for water, go back onto rates instead?

We had a meter fitted as we were told it would cut costs. It didn't, so we said sod off, back to rates for us and it's way cheaper now:)

Energy companies just seem to make figures up. Always have, always will.

As for water, go back onto rates instead?

We had a meter fitted as we were told it would cut costs. It didn't, so we said sod off, back to rates for us and it's way cheaper now:)

When you move out, whoever moves in will have to use the meter. Them's the rules.

We're on a meter at our current bungalow.

Ordered a asus strix 1080ti for €850. The firm cancelled it now, 3 weeks after, because they can't get any graphics cards at all. Ordering somewhere else is at a minimum of €950 now.

Then I hear North Americans talk how us$ 760 is a lot for a 1080ti...

You know nothing of my 1st world struggle, Americans ( tongue in cheek, no offence meant)

But UGH, thesr darn miners!

Being a eco/social moderate lefty, I wish miners a very itchy back and short, unflexible arms!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Dug out my old G&P Mk18 to sell to a friend, charge a battery. Fires a few rounds then completely stops dead. Tried another battery, no joy.

So until I get it looked over it's just a paperweight as I'm not gonna sell him it until it works as that's not right. Just hope it's a cheap fix

trouble shooting 101.

start with the really stupid obvious things. 

is the motor getting power? (is battery good, is it actually charged, is the fuse blown?)

does the motor spin when outside the gearbox? remove motor from pistol grip, check that it spins when you pull the trigger)

if yes to all of those then it's gearbox internal related, see if you can trip the ARL with a small screwdriver up the pistol grip.

Cheers for the advice guys, I'm sure Google would have provided me with similar insights,it's just having the confidence to do it I guess.

Definitely prefer my GBBRs

Check the motor connections. Very common to have them slip off the motor and leave you with a dead gnu.

Well I didn't expect to read that this morning!

I guess the biggest question i have is why was it on the floor in the first place?

What has me off this morning already is I got to work half an hour early so I can swap the wheels over on my car front to back before heading up to Scotland next week. We have two hydraulic jacks in the workshop, one hasn't worked for weeks and they refuse to replace it because we have one that works. The other seems to have disappeared over night. So now I got up early for no reason.

Archived