My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup.  I had that a while back.  Car parked on the street.  Came back after a couple of hours to a nice cracked bumper.  No note.

On the plus side, I now know how to replace the rear bumper on my car.

Time for a Bank rant!

I've had a letter from my Bank (HSBC) to confirm my identity. They want copies of two documents (from a list). Only one of which I have. Then they want it Noterised by a person (from another list). None of which I know of. Then there's the confirmation txt (another part of this stupidity) which would be sent to my mobile phone (which I don't have). Why am I being asked to prove who I am? Has there been any fraudulent activity on my account? Nope. Have I suddenly come into a shed load of cash? Nope.

That letter is now in the dustbin!

You're probably right. The maddening thing is: I've been with the same branch for 40 years (It was called the Midland Bank at the time). You'd think that I couldn't be anyone else! Since I'm fast approaching 57. I don't have a photo driving license. I'm not self employed, so I don't have any of these stupid Tax forms. All my Bills are paid by direct debit, so I don't have any hard copy utility bills (only E-Mails).

HSBC. You get my Jerk of the Week Award!

I have a solicitor rant.

We're in the process of buying a house. We hadn't heard of any updates from the solicitors in 2 weeks so we call up to shake the tree and see where they're at.

The individual solicitor dealing with our case hadn't passed our file on to someone else at the firm before buggering off on annual leave for 2 and a half weeks.

Wasn't HSBC caught doing some large-caliber shady *suitcase* recently?

Also, I'm having the feeling that I got ripped off big time buying Fortnite. Particularly considering that their FAQ contained a line about the game going F2P next year and Google happened to cache it, even if the devs deleted it later. Basically, the game starts interesting, but then turns into an annoying grindfest. Also, the tutorial sucks like an industrial vacuum pump, it tells you next to nothing about the supposedly intuitive (sure...) construction system and absolutely nothing about everything else. And that includes the entire intricate stat system for pretty damn much everything.

I have a solicitor rant.

We're in the process of buying a house. We hadn't heard of any updates from the solicitors in 2 weeks so we call up to shake the tree and see where they're at.

The individual solicitor dealing with our case hadn't passed our file on to someone else at the firm before buggering off on annual leave for 2 and a half weeks.

Standard for buying a house. I have no idea what they actually do for the money they charge.

Me either.

It's all pretty standardised from what I gather so its just a case of they're involved because they have to be, and they have to be because some legal bod says so.

It's a legalised scam. Just like insurance.

I've had a letter from my Bank (HSBC) to confirm my identity. They want copies of two documents (from a list). Only one of which I have. Then they want it Noterised by a person (from another list). None of which I know of. Then there's the confirmation txt (another part of this stupidity) which would be sent to my mobile phone (which I don't have). Why am I being asked to prove who I am? Has there been any fraudulent activity on my account? Nope. Have I suddenly come into a shed load of cash? Nope.

I would call the bank (from the number on your card or their website)  Seems suspicious AF.  Someone might be trying to steal your identify. 

Nah, it's HSBC being *rickrolls*.   I ended up ringing them because of some 'missing information' which invalidated the first attempt, which I could give the guy on the end of the phone, but no, it's a separate department and no, I couldn't be put through and I'd have to submit the copies again.

Well, they had the worst quality ID photocopies I could muster.  And i don't think they'll have my custom for much longer.

Best part is - If you know know or can't easily get hold any of the professions to act as noteriser, the Post Office will help you, for a mere £10.50 a time!

I'm feeling weird today. And certainly overheating.

Worse yet, I can't take a longer vacation because there's a shitload of work coming up in the next two weeks and half of my team at work already intends to take a vacation themselves.

Best part is - If you know know or can't easily get hold any of the professions to act as noteriser, the Post Office will help you, for a mere £10.50 a time!

To hell with that. I'm not spending money so the Bank can have my money. That paperwork stays in the dustbin!

Archived