My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Honestly. Everyone should learn to use the seat. If it's up and you need it down for your business, then make it so.

Even worse, years ago I had a girlfriend who was in a shared house of all girls. Now obviously these girls never lifted the seat. Clearly they didn't imagine it would get dirty under the seat. How wrong they were. There was *suitcase*, pubes, and period blood residue under that seat when I lifted it.

You're god damn right I left that bad boy up and I never stayed a night round there again.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this just me, or is Firefox running like *suitcase* these days? I noticed that sometimes, it starts hogging over 2 gigs of RAM and 40-50% of CPU power, while slowing to a crawl or an outright freeze. No matter whether it's my office box or my home gaming rig, and the latter particularly means a cause for concern, this thing runs GTA V on Ultra settings like nobody's business.

It's not Firefox or Chrome or Torbrowser or Lastpass browser (I use all of them).

It's advertisers with their ridiculous scummy practices.

Seriously, any of those browsers chugs away as soon as the ads load.

With an ad blocker they run a million times faster.

If the people making the ads weren't such colossal douches then more people would watch them and not use blockers.

The obvious solution is to integrate ads pots like on Linus Tech Tips.

Yeah.  This is with me using uBlock.  Haven't seen an ad in years (on my machines)

It's quite an assault on the senses when you're using someone else's machine with no ad blocker.  People actually live like this? ha

Sore throat since yesterday and going to have to go through another shift with it.

Been keeping the depression at bay with copious amounts of FFXIV till Monster Hunter World comes out, but the realization that I will likely never go to an airsoft game again saddens me.  Got new neighbors now so even if the golfers weren't around I'd still be wary about testfiring in the yard.

Looking for a new phone.

Nokia 8 gets meh reviews.

LG G6 is potentially about to be replaced by the G6+

Oneplus 5 gets better reviews than both of them, but despite being cheaper, somehow is more expensive on contracts. Sadly I do not have the cash to buy up front. 

What gives?

Oneplus 5 is the new shiny thing so more expensive and not made it's way to many contracts yet?

The LG V30 is coming out soon.  That looks pretty sweet. Or is that a different name for the G6+

Just get a 0% purchase credit card and buy a Oneplus 5 outright.  They can be had for around £400.  Or use Paypal 0% if you can clear it in 4 months.

That and a cheap sim deal and you're laughing. 4/5GB data, unlimited calls and texts for under £10 a month on a rolling 30 day contract.  I'll never go back to some BS 24 month mobile contract.  People with £50/60/70 a month mobile bill?  No thanks.

Mainly 2 but a little bit of 1 also. My trusty Oppo Find 7 is starting to misbehave in all sorts of ways.

What I'm irritated about is that buying a G6 outright is £499.

a OP 6 is £449.

that should work out to be slightly less paid out overall, based on similar/identical minutes/texts/data usage allowance.

The G6 can be had with 3gb of data for abour £27 a month. The OP 5 is up over £40.

It makes no sense. 

It's not Firefox or Chrome or Torbrowser or Lastpass browser (I use all of them).

It's advertisers with their ridiculous scummy practices.

Seriously, any of those browsers chugs away as soon as the ads load.

With an ad blocker they run a million times faster.

I cannot imagine how much slower would my Firefox run without an ad blocker.

Also, I'm tired, the weather is killing me and I need to go to the doctor for my third Hep B shot.

So, I don't have much luck with cars.

Just got in mine to go to work, it turned over once and then there was a huge explosion and it died. Smoke pouring out of the bonnet gaps, the lot. My wife came flying out of the house to see what had happened as it was so loud - far louder than say a flashbang going off.

Had a look, and there are plastic manifolds sheared and disintegrated, and I thought '*fruitcage* it' and turned it over again. It runs, revving all over the place, sounds like a tractor, and it's banging away too, as in explosion banging.

Going to get the garage to look tomorrow, but I suspect it may be terminal. It's never had a problem, it's an 8 year old ford with 38000 miles on it, well maintained. I was looking at changing it next month as I'd just spent a pile of cash on my wife's old car and I'm sick of throwing money at second hand cars.

Rather off, as that was going to be a deposit on a new one...

Archived