My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found out the other day that my UKARA number was *fruitcage*ed because, and I *suitcase* you not, the wally-headed bumtrumpet who put my details into the UKARA database put the starting date and ending date the wrong way around.

So I got a UKARA number that started on the 28th of June, 2018, and ended on the 28th of June, 2017.

Did I mention I have about £500 worth of AEGs stuck in customs right now, presumably poised above an incinerator?

hqdefault.jpg

Buy what appreciates, lease what depreciates.

Mid spec:

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/main-dealers/sandicliffe-nissan-nottingham/nissan/leaf/231791636/

8K miles a year, £195p/m for 23 months, £1950 initial payment.

Top spec:

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/independent-brokers/go-green-leasing/nissan/leaf/230719674/

8K miles a year, £250p/m for 35 months, £2245 initial payment.

Go on, you know you want to :)

Darklite, get your local site to write a letter on headed paper to confirm you are an airsofter and therefore any import of realistic imitation firearms would therefore be for the purpose of airsoft as laid out in the relevant SI giving you the defence, and include a copy of their public liability insurance certificate.

Customs should write to inform you that they've seized your items and give you the opportunity to attend court and plead your case, where you should just need to show that the import was for the purpose of airsoft in accordance with the defence.

Classic cars cost you either nothing to buy or cost you and arm and a leg to buy, and then whip you all the way to the bank while emptying out your pockets, and smashing you piggy bank going MINE *badgeress*!

Shhhhhh don't tell him the real secret! :P

Also, that plug pun.. literally the best thing I will read all day. 

Xaccers, I'm convinced Nissan must pay you a fortune to plug the leaf at every opportunity :P

£200 actually, well they would but I have a feeling as the dealership used their friends and family discount to give me a stranger a better deal on my car, I'm not actually entitled to it. I should get £100 for acknowledging Electric Leaf Man as the main reason why I bought one, due to his informative YouTube videos, so he'll get £200 for that.

Anyone who acknowledges me as their Nissan EV Ambassador gets £100 on a pre-paid credit card, which is nice for them.

The amount of time I spend countering Clarksonesque luddites on the Leaf's FaceBook advert comments, Nissan should pay me!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCigsK5EITQdgrY6f5qwRxkw/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=da

Ive seen electric leaf man too, he's generally ok, sometimes annoying.

Nice incentives though, I wasn't aware of those!

It's a nice little thank you from Nissan considering how much us Leaf owners already prattle on about how great the cars are :)

You know how vegan crossfitters just can't help going on about their choice? Leaf owners are similar, except our choice is better and doesn't involve getting all sweaty in lycra and giving up bacon.

New TVR.  Looks disappointing.  Great to have a new TVR on the scene and specs are decent I suppose though.

I saw. But here in the US, I would die to own any TVR. I regretted to pass on a 2500M in a junk yard for $400! I justified my choice due to lack and cost of parts in America, and my inexperience with cars at the time.

I love the marque, though. They're the "Anti-hero" of supercars.

It's a nice little thank you from Nissan considering how much us Leaf owners already prattle on about how great the cars are :)

You know how vegan crossfitters just can't help going on about their choice? Leaf owners are similar, except our choice is better and doesn't involve getting all sweaty in lycra and giving up bacon.

And destroying their back by doing "deadlifts" and "cleans" as fast as they can.

Seriously, I am a novice at lifting weights and what I saw in that crossfit gym made me sick.  There is no technique they are just thrashing about.

Also, I will not be calling it a "box", it is a pre-hospital.

I saw. But here in the US, I would die to own any TVR. I regretted to pass on a 2500M in a junk yard for $400! I justified my choice due to lack and cost of parts in America, and my inexperience with cars at the time.

I love the marque, though. They're the "Anti-hero" of supercars.

Yeah.  I gather they're super rare in the US.  If I could store another car I'd pick up a Chimaera.  Not quite as cool as a Tuscan or T350 but relatively cheap over here.

And destroying their back by doing "deadlifts" and "cleans" as fast as they can.

Seriously, I am a novice at lifting weights and what I saw in that crossfit gym made me sick.  There is no technique they are just thrashing about.

Also, I will not be calling it a "box", it is a pre-hospital.

Yup they're insane.

When I used to go to the gym in my early 20s and got nice and fit, I did it with a relaxed mix of cardio using the rowing machine then introduced the treadmill and crosstrainer (never got on with the exercise bikes), and while I was getting my breath back I'd use the weight machines just to tone up/build up a bit and stop my moobs sagging. First time I noticed an improvement was when I had to run for a train, jumped on and realised I wasn't breathing any harder, was great. Really really need to find the time and will power to get back to it.

Last weekend, I discovered that the headlight wasn't working on my Enfield. After a bit of detective work. I found that the AC side of the alternator was open circuit (The headlight is AC. The rest of the bike is DC). So I order a new stator. This morning I removed the primary chaincase cover to change the stator. Upon removal, I find chunks of metal and and grey goo in the oil. A magnet in the rotor had decided to make a bid for freedom and committed suicide in the process. I've no idea how long I've been riding the bike like this.

More expense!

You know how you see people literally jump out of their seat in cartoons after being surprised or scared or something?  Well, the most monstrous Giant House Spider fell off a shelf over my desk and hit the keyboard.  It was so big I heard the clatter of the keys from across the room when it impacted.  My girlfriend was sitting at my desk.  To say she does not like spiders is an understatement.  It was hilarious. 

Archived