My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Can you convert a Pinzgauer to leccy? I just like the thought of parking it in an EV charging space, wait for someone to complain and get out and plug it in as you turn to them and say "Problem?"

Well, you can convert anything.

There's no specific kit.  I read about a company in America who were doing it.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine a leccy pinz.

*fruitcage* you, congestion zone!

As for me, I'm expecting a mauling over this, but I got a new car about 10 days ago. Brand spanking new. Does at least 48mpg on petrol, got enough kit to keep me happy and an elevated ride height, which I prefer after many years of rural driving and big enough for my needs without being excessive.

Every car I've bought has cost me hundreds if not thousands in repairs during ownership. This is leased. I'll never own it, and never have the option to. I'm so happy with that. Any issues, it's back to the dealer for them to fix.

I will be a happy man if I never own a vehicle again. Like I've heard before, "if it's got tits or an engine, it's trouble."

It is. Too spendy for me though!

My ideal 'real' car would be something like a skoda superb 4x4. Scout version if they even do one. Huge, good mpg and the intelligent 4x4 is supposed to be great (mates dad has one).

Dream car is a Range Rover though!

But, what I've got is more than adequate (fnar). Still really happy with it, and got 53mpg yesterday with a frugal drive. It has some niggles, but those are first world issues :)

Back to the thread's original purpose:

I'm going to have to start bringing my GoPro along to games again. Not because I subscribe to the dream of being an interwebby celebby but because yesterday a bunch of about 6 known shady players rocked up to my local site and it was ludicrous.

They've been popping up a lot more often these last few months and the scuttlebutt is that they've been booted from the other big local site and so have been searching for other games to ruin.

In any case, blatant hit dodging, full auto overkilling at close range (often right after being shot), instant respawns outside the clearly designated respawn areas, blind firing, ignoring grenade kills etc. It was getting to the point where I had to literally call a marshal and ask him to watch enemy players before I engaged them just to get them to take their *fruitcage* hits.

Highlight of the day, one guy with a G&P Stoner 63 who had been full auto overkilling all day, dug into a bunker and wouldn't take a hit, so I snuck around to flank him through a river. Popped up less than ten feet away from him, shot him once in the leg, he looks up and sees me, then grumbles and takes the hit. I then watch him walk off towards his respawn, with my gun trained on him, only to see him try and spin around and start hosing at me again. Obviously, he gets quite a few rounds in the back, side and front, but then claims he isn't hit, and when the marshal standing just around the corner comes in and tells him:

1) He is out of the game

2) He didn't respawn at the respawn point

He replies "I did respawn at the flag". Despite the marshal having literally come from the *fruitcage* respawn flag.

Hats off to the marshal team for their efforts, but when you have only 3 marshals and 6 players taking the at once it's hard to make a dent.

Best part of the day was when they realised the marshals were onto them and tried to pack up and leave before they could get told off. The two hours of gaming we had after that with the remaining 8 players was faaaaaaaaaaaar better.

I tend to aim for soft squidgy parts with players like that, if I'm 100% certain they're not taking hits, like if they react by pulling their legs out the way for instance.
Caught one red handed on my gun cam the last time I was at Finmere which is ridiculous as the games there have you out of the action for a minute or two at most as you either have unlimited lives if attacking with a respawn point not too far away, or a set number of lives so somewhere to fall back to and get dug in if defending. Fired a burst at him, he reacted to the impact, the lay down behind the small fallen tree beside him, so I just dropped my hop enough and kept on at him until he had enough.

While at the Outpost the weekend before last, there was a chap running at near the max range of my AEG, and while I'm pretty sure I hit him, chances are he didn't feel them as he was going at such speed (he wasn't a young lad so if anything like me was probably concentrating on not going bum over tit and wondering why the hell he thought running was a good idea so registering BBs hitting him with the force of an asthmatic gerbil at that range wouldn't have been on his mind), and I was perfectly fine with that.

Yeah.  I got that worrying e-mail from Heinnie.  It was the first I'd heard about it.  So bloody ridiculous.  It makes me want to get into politics so I could give them all a kick up the *albartroth* to try and knock some sense loose in them.

Truth be told I'd much rather buy my knives in person (unless not feasible, I really want some Half Face Blade stuff but live in the UK) anyway and get to feel them before committing.

Still a bit sucky though as it'll be almost impossible to verify someone's age online (I had a PayPal account when I was 16, little rebel me)

Archived