My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Or she knew them and was talking to them while he wasn't there. I've been there. That's the hard part if you date someone who is also friends with your friends. Picking sides is something no-one likes to do, as you always end up receiving the *suitcasey* end of the stick.

But, seeing your view Sandtorm, if she didn't know the people and was going over to cause *suitcase*, that's a huge no-no (and something he's mates should have pointed out).

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the girl he threw a glass at and I sat down with him on Thursday whilst sober and pretty much told him the score, he didn't even remember throwing the glass at her (in his own words he thought he had a good night) and we told him that the alcohol wasn't helping him deal with the situation. She pretty much told him it was alcohol or her and he suggested he was going to stop, but he hasn't.

I saw him last night before he was too far gone and he pulled me aside and said we needed to talk at some point and I want to sort that as soon as possible to tell him how much he's hurting those who care about him because if he continues like this she won't talk to him again.

Regards the ex, problem is we are all colleagues and friends and it makes the whole thing awkward.

Alchohol is a dangerous drug, while combining anger and resentment. He needs to stop or he might find himself in a worse situation than losing friends. Like jail.

That's what concerns me, or if he picks a fight with the wrong person and end ups bleeding out in an alley somewhere.

Yeah, the girl he threw a glass at and I sat down with him on Thursday whilst sober and pretty much told him the score, he didn't even remember throwing the glass at her (in his own words he thought he had a good night) and we told him that the alcohol wasn't helping him deal with the situation. She pretty much told him it was alcohol or her and he suggested he was going to stop, but he hasn't.

I saw him last night before he was too far gone and he pulled me aside and said we needed to talk at some point and I want to sort that as soon as possible to tell him how much he's hurting those who care about him because if he continues like this she won't talk to him again.

Regards the ex, problem is we are all colleagues and friends and it makes the whole thing awkward.

I had the same situation with my ex, and friends being coworkers. When we broke up, we all sort of got sick of the drama and went our seperate ways. Then my mom died and my father was dying, stepfather died. So, yeah. I was pretty bummed about all that. Never drank, just withdrew.

Has he picked a fight with a male, or done anything violent towards a male? As in you or another of your male colleagues?

Yeah, the guy who his ex cheated on him with he went for but luckily someone was sober enough to throw him to the floor.

i get you are all mates but this girl sounds like a hoe as for the guy that did the cucking - cut them out imo

edit: this bloke's ex *fruitcage*ed his mate. and he works with both of them.. im not suprised he is hitting the booze! Where can he escape? Every day he's reminded of what is bound to be a painful memory. i know its not as simple as this but he needs to work elsewhere, asap

Actually yeah, I reread your posts Twitch and blimey I'm not surprised this dude's going through a rough patch - You don't seem to understand how awful it probably feels to get cheated on and then have to work with all parties involved.

I know she was going to cut him out of her life if he doesn't stop and I'm trying to work out if that's the right thing for him, maybe he'll realise how much he's hurting those around him (apparently I looked devastated when I was told about the glass incident) and hopefully he'll end up on the right track and they can be friends again but I can still be there for him unless he goes too far.

People.

Bolding for emphasis - First bolding - Does the lass realise how much she's hurt HIM? Second bolding - This will never happen! Your mate was cheated on, something fairly egregious. Has she actually apologised? 

Agreed with Skarclaw here IMO - Tell him to try and find another bar job somewhere, otherwise things will continue to get worse. 

Tw1tch is this the same girl who you wanted to get with a while ago? There is a reason for the question. Some people don't see a problem with jumping from one person to the next. They don't jump till they've got a sure thing (as in, they're in a relationship they won't out of but won't leave till they've found someone else).

Though in all seriousness cheating is bad, yes. But getting violent over it is a bigger no-no.

In this instance the person who was cheated on needs to look after himself and realise the bullet he's just dodged. It will take him a while and sometimes it's best to leave a person to it.

Regarding the person who got a glass thrown at, I'm confused. Are they your friend's ex or another work colleague. Because if it's not his ex then that makes it worse.

I should've given people alphabetical names to people in this cluster*fruitcage* haha.

No, the girl who cheated in not the person I had feelings for, she was just a friend but given this I don't think that friendship is going to continue.

He and his ex are not friends and will not be friends ever again.

The woman who had the glass thrown at her is an incredibly close friend of mine and the dude who got cheated on, so much so that we pretty much consider ourselves family. She's also quite close to the dude that the lass cheated with and that's one of the reasons my buddy is getting violent towards her as he reckons she doesn't give a *suitcase* about him (still not justifiable). And yes we all work together.

The moral of this story dont suitcase where you eat...

I think the morals of the story are don't be a cheating *Ubar*, drinking only masks the pain and can turn you into something that would terrify yourself and sometimes you're gonna lose those you care about.

I've seen a whole bunch of successful work relationships as well as ones that don't work out, it certainly makes things more dramatic though if they go sour.

Moral of the story first and foremost is don't cheat, and then if you do don't be surprised if *suitcase* sticks.

Wouldn't be surprised if the person doing the cheating has done it before and will do so again (know a fair few people like that both male and female).

Archived