My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to buy a suit for my friends wedding and all the suits were labeled "skinny fit". I asked the chap in there if he had any dark coloured suits that weren't skinny fit, he looked me up and down and said in the absolute worst tone possible "nothing that would fit you"

Needless to say I handed him the shoes I was gonna buy and told him I wouldn't be requiring those from him.

Bare in mind I'm not a fat guy, (not that it would be acceptable to talk to a fat guy that way) nor am I some hulking gym addict. Just a regular guy with perhaps a little bit of beer related padding in the middle. A regular cut suit would have fit fine (and in fact did when I got one elsewhere).

If you're looking for decent legroom in jeans, I can recommend Varusteleka's Särmä jeans. Pretty durable, fit turkey drumstick shaped legs, and come in blue or black, neither of which is artifically aged.

Shipping might be a bit steep, but they'd most likely be worth it. :D

Wrong thread for this, but since this is "Ow my eyes" but if any of you pops over with Nirwehian or Ryanair to come shop at Varusteleka in person, I can buy you a round at their pub or some otget pub in Helsinki assuming I don't have evening classes at college...

Oooo, Varusteleka looks right up my street.  Never heard of them before.

In short, these are what jeans are supposed to be: durable, comfortable, clean trousers. These fit even if you're not a slim-legged hipster who hangs his trousers halfway down, and there definitely is no stone washing or ready made holes!

That's what I'm after.  Perfect.  And they do raw too.  Amazing.

Varusteleka are bloody brilliant.

I got a coat from them and a load of pouches and other stuff and it was all brilliant.

Make sure that whatever you order you tack on a couple of cans of Scho-ka-kola, that stuff if brilliant.

Also, how did the hipster burn his mouth?

Drank his coffee before it was cool.

You would think a supplier would have some kind of verification for orders like that.  I mean, the chances of someone needing 18 (I assume identical?) gearboxes.  Should be flagged and then a call to the customer to check.  Or does that make too much sense? 

Archived