My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no calling out there for me, despite how much folks insist there is one for everyone.  I just do *suitcase* work and wait to go be bored at home.

It's how I made a living. Doing the *badgeress* work nobody wants to do, often because nobody wants me around.

Sad thing is, I always liked that nobody wanted me around.

If all else fails, go somewhere remote. 

I've looked at Iceland before, just to get away for a few months. There are websites that offer jobs at foreigners because Icelanders can always use somebody in the winter to look after their animals apparently.

I always wanted to build a small house, in the middle of nowhere. Location would be picked for electricity and running water, but it would have an outhouse to save on septic and sewer problems (downside being I would have to clean the outhouse well and put lime in it once a week, but, eh). I'm not an advid gamer, so internet could be tethered through my mobile service. TV could be provided by an anttena and it would be small enough that a mid sized room heater would keep it somewhat warm. Hopefully, the location would be close to a town with a laundromat and market. That's my dream, and I lived like that in a few places, hell, I lived in my car and really didn't mind it. Hard to shower in a Ford Escape, though.

Basic amenities for a basic life. I always said to my friends growing up that one day I'm going to move to the ozarks and live in a cave.

Got a phone call last night. Girlfriend's dog had a massive seizure and had to be put down. Girlfriend's mum is distraught. Girlfriend had to send her £100 for the vet bills.

Been a fantastic week so far.

I have to admit, you have it rough. I don't think anyone deserves getting *fruitcage*ed around like you have.

I'm not one for sorry's, I don't think they help. But if you would like to talk sometime, I am willing to listen.

Been soldering up a custom keyboard for me and Stunt.

Soldered things in the wrong order on mine, and the wrong way round on stunts, which wouldn't be the end of the world as I could just reprogram the controller...

If the controller worked.

So now I have to unsolder one controller, reprogram another one, buy a new one for the one I destroyed taking it off my board and pray that I've not destroyed any PCB traces.

Drats.

Somehow finally got noticed by Jury summons, end of January, but pain in the *albartroth* nonetheless because it will interfere with work just by making me have to call constantly during the week.

Here's to hoping the classic "son of a police officer" line gets me excused by the attorneys.

Tink, you got a soldering station or those 35w non adjustable ones? Finest point you can find, or filing it finer helps..

Aaaaand I just realised you nvr asked for input. Schmorry mate.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Soldering station but it's not a great one. temperature adjustable but it doesn't have a temp sensor so it's pretty much guess work.

I have very small tips (fnar) but because the Pro Micro controller has 10 pins down each side it's nigh on impossible to get all the pins heated enough to melt the solder to remove the thing.

I'm 90% certain that someone at work has a cheapy hot air rework gun I can borrow, but i was hoping to have it all done by now :(

Didn't get home till 2am because the *albartroth* clowns in Chicago could not bother to send a plane for 5 hours despite them having lulls inbetween storms to do so.

Whole lot should be burned to ashes at this point.  *fruitcage*ers couldn't even get all the bags onto the plane.

Then get home to find someone trying to wrap stuff still right outside my room so I've had practically zero sleep, and another potential *suitcase* shift this afternoon.

Archived