My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, moved the change dates off where everyone else did it... Except a lot of patches that went around missed it was only some places where the dates were changed.  Several payroll systems went totally bonkers back then, when DST happened in wrong month.

Feeling mostly back to normal now, however Mrs Tink reversed into a neighbours car yesterday and now needs a new tailgate for her car.

Balls.

Fortunately it's not bad and still secure and water tight but that's going to be a pain finding one in the right colour.

Typically, the land rover discovery she reversed into looks no different at all...

Admitting that you need help is not a failure. If your arm hurts you see a doctor, if your tooth aches you see a dentist. Seeking help for depression or similar is just the same. Some narrow minded people may look down on you, but that just shows their ignorance. My wife has struggled with depression for many years, but she seems to have got the better of it at the moment. Hang in there, and please talk to people!

Facing up to the problem is the first step to recovery and there's no shame in taking Meds. As redrob posted, if you had a physical health issue you would see a doctor and there's no difference when it comes to mental health so don't be afraid to speak up if you need help

Crash on the M62 this morning meant my usual 45/50 minute drive home took nearer 2 hours.

Trying to fit a whole motorways worth of traffic on B and C roads through villages is not fun...

Spent many a day in my past playing that game :(

On the bright side - you weren't in the crash, so at least you got to go home today...

I'll never forget when I got caught in some awful traffic but got home and was thankful that I'd gotten home intact whereas those involved might not have. Only to hear a couple of days later that my old area manager had suffered a fatal heart attack at the wheel. Turns out it was a seperate incident but it shook me.

Oh yeah, I'm in no way complaining about that.

News suggests it was a static caravan on a trailer that fell off after somehow breaching the central reservation. Air ambulance appears to have attended but no confirmed injuries yet.

Sadly looks like I'll have to plan extra time to get in to work tomorrow as it's reported it 'could' be closed for rush hour tomorrow also.

Balls.

Just made me aware of actually how much we rely on the motorway network in this country - we don't really maintain or upgrade side routes (even A-roads) if there's a motorway. 

Archived