My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Yep.

Another good one is to find all the rail bridges over motorways... And drop them.

If you can time it for when a crowded commuter train is on the bridge, then it's a terrorist jackpot.

There's a bunch of smart people in a basement in Whitehall who think up plans like that, then give them to other smart people to come up with a plan to deal with it.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know someone who sat in on some of these planning committees.

So she told me, some of your local buildings, without anyone knowing it, will have refrigeration units sat dormant so they can double up as a mass morgue.

Our government cant even fix something as simple as *fruitcage* potholes.  I very much doubt there is any level of planning for morgues secretly sequestered inside buildings.  Though that would explain where the budget for fixing potholes went.

Writing plans is cheap.

They get written and stuck in a filing cabinet somewhere. The recommendations they make would cost money to put into place, so they're largely ignored.

Then when something *does* happen everyone's all "why didn't anyone plan for this" and MI5 can pull out their dusty file and say "we did, but you ignored us" - then that session of the inquiry is classified so as not to embarrass the politicians.

Someone had brought a load of Nando's sauce packets into my pub last night and as I was picking them up I exclaimed my love for chicken (I'm on a chicken and rice work diet and I do enjoy chicken).

Unfortunately it appears at that time all the doorstaff were walking past me and all the black gents turned and looked at me, presumably thinking I was making a racist comment. I didn't catch this until one of my colleagues pointed it out and now I feel dreadful, especially as I get on well with my door team generally and would dread to think anyone had reason to believe I'm racist.

So do I apologise next time I see them (Sat morning) and explain the context or let it lie?

Yes it is.

Found out that yesterday the young boy a load of warhammer 40K fans had banded together with to make his life a bit better passed away as the tumours had spread into his brain.

He was 12, no one should have to bury a child.

Aye, I read the posts along the way and the efforts of all those who did their best to comfort him in his last days.  Too many lost souls to that dreadful condition, if not one close to us than one close to others.  Heard about a family friend's family member turning terminal as well just this past month.

Despite the new job, life has pretty much been the same.  Father is soon to find out whether he needs open heart surgery (takes a four hour test tomorrow), aches and pains both physical and mental for all of us continue to pile on, and the first time I seriously consider getting out to a field in two years this upcoming Saturday gets washed out by weather reports of 100 percent rain, thunderstorms, and snow for said field's area.

Archived