My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washing your Windows in the Rain!

People still do it ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn H8324 met Tapatalk

It's actually a pretty good idea - rainwater is some of the cleanest water you can find without shelling out for distilled - the TDS (total distilled solids) is something like 20ppm meaning you're not gonna leave streaks etc

It's actually a pretty good idea - rainwater is some of the cleanest water you can find without shelling out for distilled - the TDS (total distilled solids) is something like 20ppm meaning you're not gonna leave streaks etc

Well, different here, it leaves residue and sand behind :(

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C6603 met Tapatalk

People who think it's a good idea to pull up to a junction on a road you're on, see you, wait, and then decide its OK to pull out.

When you're doing 60 mph.

I nearly put the car on its nose. She then stops dead and looks at me in her mirror like it's my fault.

Second time in less than a week. I am a *fruitcage*wit magnet when driving, all sorts seems to happen when I'm out, far too much to jot down here.

Genuinely CBA with running in to them. Sometimes I want to drive a big old scrapper for that reason though.

As for going cop, not worth it when off duty. Just adds to the workload when I next book on. Her cards are marked though as I know the reg now and will watch for infractions whilst on duty...

Pass the registration and car description to your mates on the traffic cars, get them to pull it over every time they see it for a 'spot check'.

Maybe a couple of tyres are low on tread, maybe the wash bottle is empty - that's like nine points right there...

People who think it's a good idea to pull up to a junction on a road you're on, see you, wait, and then decide its OK to pull out.

When you're doing 60 mph.

I nearly put the car on its nose. She then stops dead and looks at me in her mirror like it's my fault.

Second time in less than a week. I am a *fruitcage*wit magnet when driving, all sorts seems to happen when I'm out, far too much to jot down here.

They didn't see you mate! Why though is pretty interesting.

https://www.portsmouthctc.org.uk/a-fighter-pilots-guide-to-surviving-on-the-roads/

It's true - it's why you can't see the movement of your own eyes if you look in a mirror. And it's a good thing most of the time - without it, life would be worse than the worse 'shaky cam' film ever.

Not so great when you're trying to drive though...

I was reading an article a while back about one of the most dangerous junctions in the UK. Can't remember exactly where, think it's out south-west somewhere, but it's a main road with a B road intersecting it as a cross roads...

at the perfect angle to obscure a car coming down the main road in the blind spot behind your A pillar. 

The constant bearing, decreasing range means you go 'sweet, nothing coming!", aim to go straigh over the main road without stopping, and end up instead in the side of a car...

She did see me though, that's the thing.

She saw me, approx 150 metres away, stopped, waited, and then pulled out whilst looking at me.

Situations like those warrant a lawgiver being used.

Edit, Danke that link doesn't work for me :(

I was reading an article a while back about one of the most dangerous junctions in the UK. Can't remember exactly where, think it's out south-west somewhere, but it's a main road with a B road intersecting it as a cross roads...

Sounds like the North Devon link road. I avoid it like the plague. There's a junction like you describe. Cars are forever getting T-boned.

She did see me though, that's the thing.

She saw me, approx 150 metres away, stopped, waited, and then pulled out whilst looking at me.

Situations like those warrant a lawgiver being used.

Edit, Danke that link doesn't work for me :(

Try this one?

https://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/raf-pilot-teach-cyclists/

Or search for John Sullivan RAF.

You forget how many committees and hearings it would have to go through to be implemented.

Found out old Gunny Ermey passed away today whilst I was cooking dinner.  Much of my childhood was spent watching Mail Call, and even though now I know the reality of that show, it still was magical to me back.  Met him a few times at ShotShow, always a great man with public, especially with kids.

It was just two weeks ago that Victor Kalashnikov, who worked on the Bizon that I adored in games as a young teenager, had passed away. 

Too many every year it feels like now.

The fact is, it's the season for 'big names' to pass. Up til '80's, if you had any name in any industry, you could do things as yourself. Now, you have to have name recognition across multiple industries to be marketed as the 'face' of something, while everything if actually done by a huge team. It's just about everywhere, and onlyu place where 'name factor' really matters anymore is entertainment, and even then it's more marketing than truly outstanding individuals.

Archived