My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Trying to sort out a high rev stuttering on the car. I thought possibly fuel starvation so went about trying to examine/replace the fuel filter. After hours of searching for it, it's in the first place I looked, it just didn't look like a filter at all. It was a tiny pathetic sintered brass cone inside a rubber hose.

Then just as I'm about to go test drive it round the ring road, the little woman phones and wants to come home on her break.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some hack  tried to use my card way out in California.  Luckily they were declined twice and fraud service caught it.  Got a new card already.

Considering my last purchase was from evike, I'm half tempted to ring them up and ask how their data system is functioning.

1 hour ago, shmook said:

Just got back from a week abroad. 

People who let their children stand next to baggage reclaim and 'help' should be sent to a gulag. 

Just whack the kid with a suitcase. Shoul

Honestly though, people who let their children "help" with anything out in the grownup world need a dose of the gulag. Like yes, teach your kids how to do things, but on your own time, not mine. I don't find your 6 year old at all endearing at the best of times, significantly less so when it's 38 god damn degrees and its holding up the queue.

19 hours ago, scorch said:

Trying to sort out a high rev stuttering on the car. I thought possibly fuel starvation so went about trying to examine/replace the fuel filter. After hours of searching for it, it's in the first place I looked, it just didn't look like a filter at all. It was a tiny pathetic sintered brass cone inside a rubber hose.

I had one of those in a Reliant 3-wheeler. It would go up the road for 100 yards and then conk out. I'd restart the engine. Go up the road for 100 yards and the engine would conk out again. It turned out that the cone of the fuel filter had broken in half. The end was lodged in the end of the fuel pipe, restricting the flow. I removed the broken parts and all was well again.

You're all just jealous.

We're facing a beholder tomorrow in our D&D group.

So far we've fought groups of skeletons, a wyvern, an encampment or orcs, gobbos and assorted dickheads, an evil necromancer person, and a dragonborn with a guard drake.

So far I have not been concerned with dieing.

I am very very scared of the beholder.

14 hours ago, scorch said:

Is there a set scale of difficulty based on D&D monsters?

Yes.

Beholder is a Challenge Rating of 14 in its lair.

That should make it a challenge for 4 players with an average level of 14

There are 6 of us at level 7.

We might be in trouble.  However, our DM has been generous with magic items and weapons and such.
We might be OK.
Or we'll die.

However, the Raven Queen tells us to hold no pity for those who suffer and die, for death is the natural end of life.

So it's fine, really.

I'm (eventually) doing away with the dizzy on the corrodo, and will (eventually) be changing to coil-on-plug.

Because engine swaps aren't complicated enough already...
C-O-P is the way. I'm going down that route with the mini.. Apparently 2002 Audi 3.0L V6 coils are almost a drop in fit to the B16 engine with some wiring magic!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's our 1 year anniversary on Sunday.. We are going away for it so have both agreed no presents.. Not a problem I got her a card. The 1 year anniversary is symbolised by paper.. So I thought I would make her an origami Swan as she loves swans and stick it in the card not technically a present but nice and thoughtful... How hard could it be?

I genuinely don't think I have ever been so infuriated by anything in my life.. I'm doing exactly as the video is telling me to and its coming out COMPLETELY differently to his on the screen.. WHAT THE ACTUAL FRUITCAGE?!

I'm going to burn it. All. 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Haha!

we don't do presents for anniversaries either as we also go away, but like you I make my wife small things relating to whatever material it is that year.

todays rant, red light jumpers. Had one on my way home, I was turning right, as were they (but their left). Car in front of subject ran the Amber. I let it go and then set off, but the subject properly ran the red. I closed the door on them as I was in the junction of a dual carriageway. I gave them a single digit salute  to inform them that they were being naughty. I got a beep and a signal that I self-love. We had turned onto a dual carriageway with average speed check, so I sped up to the limit, window down and gave a 1 finger salute. And held it there. I didn't let up until the next roundabout where I turned off.

Driver and passenger were absolutely bouncing, constantly on the horn and giving me more signs that I self-love, but couldn't get near due to the average speed cameras.

I am a bloody child, but they started it by running the red and I was laughing heartily at them.

I do not condone my actions, nor recommend anyone does the same. However, as I can no longer issue tickets for things like this I have to find satisfaction in other ways.

bonus enjoyment as they were scrotey chavs.

Bizarre how crazy people get when driving.  I had someone cut me up on a merge in turn (I started off way ahead of them but they decided to speed up and overtake).  I gave them a horn blast to express my displeasure with their driving.  I then get multiple brake checks, crawling along at 20 mph so of course everyone behind me is beeping.  I guess the superstar in front thought I was beeping and is getting increasingly livid with each beep.  Driver and passenger appear to be loosing their *suitcase* inside.  They indicate to pull over to the side of the road.  Invitation to fight I guess.  I do not have time for that *suitcase* so ignore and eventually they turn off and I go on my way.

Yep, never pull over. Fighting in a live carriageway isn't recommended. 

Like you say, people lose their *suitcase* over the slightest thing. Let them have a thrombosis whilst laughing and driving off into the sunset 😁

If I was a less law abiding citizen, I'd have hidden blue grill lights for these situations and get the offending party to pull over,  *suitcase* ting themselves.  Then just drive off.

Hmm no swear filter version for *suitcase* - ting

Archived