My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

13 minutes ago, Hedganian said:

It'd have been worth joining the police just to be able to pull these jerks over and book them...

Well... Maybe not, but would have loved to see their face.

It's a giggle when something like this happens and you get out of an unmarked car. 

The look on their face never gets old. 

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's something I'm not worried about but am making note of for when I start to teach driving.

People will always break the law, and run risks, doubly so when they think they can get away with it, or it's a 'victimless' crime. Sometimes the best thing is to just let a faster car go past.

Red light jumpers get my goat though. Not as much as people that don't / won't indicate or pay attention to road signs, or one way systems in car parks though.

Special level of hell for them.

I don't get all super-annoyed, but if I have right of way then I am going. 

But I do let folk know they are incorrect in the worst possible way by a direct action. Usually a sustained visual swear... 

Not ideal, and as said, I don't suggest doing it for yourself.. 

I would say they should all be given more than that, but that is just me recalling how two days ago a friend of my father and the family died alongside his wife because a 18 yr old did not yield right of way and slammed into their car so badly their bodies were mangled beyond recognition.

As a pedestrian, I have dim view of two kinds of drivers; drunk and/or red light jumpers. First ought to be flogged to death on live TV with mandatory viewing for all drivers. And thr second ought to be made to run a marathon consisting just of the crosdwalks at the busiest thoroughfare around their place of offence.

It's not going to help.  Aliens have nuked the sun and it's about to blow up and all governments are keeping it a secret to avoid mass panic so they can quietly stock up their apocalypse bunkers.

No, it's just hot.

Global climate change driven by atmospheric CO2 levels is more complicated than "It's going to get hotter" but there is definitely an element of that.

Even if it wasn't driven by human activity the fact that there is any ice on the surface of the earth means we are in an ice age.
We are either in what is called an "interglacial period" where the bulk of the ice retreats to the poles and high altitude glaciers.

or

We are coming out of the ice age.

Either way humans are in for problems.

With the level of human population we have now we are heading into a time where there could be wars over supplies of fresh water and food.

Climate change causing failed crops and drought will exacerbate that.

Things might be about to go to *suitcase*.

However, I don't have any children and I will die before it gets too bad so - meh.

Watched 'Day after Tomorrow' yesterday because I like me a good post apoc movie.
1) it aint that good
2) the first 20 to 30 minutes was like watching the news channel...

Scared the bejezus out of me.

But the idea is still somewhat appealing, I'll admit. :/

That, and we still have a Good portion of the population that downplays or simply deny the harm we're doing and how it'll bite future generations in the... Behind.

Fekin golden generation and babyboomers, man...

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hedganian said:

Well, they're closely related, certainly, but I don't think the terms are interchangeable.

But I'm not a biologist, much less an entomologist, so I can't be 100% certain.

I'm no entomologist either. I put my faith in Wikipedia on this one. Locusts are apparently a species of short horned grasshopper.

Either way. They're *fruitcage* everywhere round here at the minute. I might have to go buy a lizard or something.

Archived