My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/4/2018 at 9:44 AM, Hedganian said:

That's nothing to do with GMO crops, though, that's corporate ethics/business practice or suchlike.

Sure, but they managed to raint the whole field with naked greed and ethics of a Trump.

Whtäat me off today at IWM was the fire extinguisher sized brats trying to climb every exhibit, the more so if their parents saw the bug "Do NOT Touch" signs. Would have made wrong kind of news to throw them (the psrents) into atrium rrom tge Little Boy replica, though.

Edit: typos

I remember you posting about visiting IWM. I know I recommended Duxford but I don't remember if I mentioned the RAF museum at Hendon, it's not as big as IWM but you can still easily spend a whole day there. Also entry is free and it's only 20 minutes walk from Mill Hill station 

A little annoyance for me recently.  Shop fitting rooms.  Shops can't seem to decide if they want them manned or not.  Generally I try and go to the shops at random times so never super busy.  I just pick up what I want and stroll into the fitting room area.  The other day I walked in as normal and heard an 'Excuse me sir'. I paused, walked back out then spotted an assistant walking towards me from across the shop.  'How many items sir?' 'Er, five' And she gives me a five tag.  When I come out of the fitting area, there is no one to be seen.  I leave the items and the tag and stroll out.  Did I leave all the items or did I stuff a couple down my trousers?  Obviously I didn't but would they know?  Well yeah, because it's security tagged.  So what is the point of having someone man that desk?

They sound as useful as the security in my local asda. The alarms went off as I was walking out and before I can get my receipt out to show I had paid for everything (the tag was on the nicotine tablets), the guard just tells me "don't worry" and sent me on my way

I tend to leave my bags in the car and load them there rather than bagging at the checkout, so I make a habit of holding the receipt as I walk out as if to prove I didn't just steal a trolley load of groceries.

They never check.

I always wonder if I'd get away with just walking out with last week's receipt for stuff I'd not paid for.

I suppose I'll never actually try it, but I think about it more or of curiosity than anything else.

Just about to try and get down after an 8 hour shift to be in later for stocktake (we run a weekly stock that takes an entire shift to do, doing everything required in 8 hours would be stellar work so we have to run it overnight when our stocks should be at lowest levels and no trade/deliveries for the longest period).

Normally I wouldn't have had to work this morning but because people can't behave themselves I've now got to suffer. Hell of a headache too, taken some painkillers and loads of water and it's still stabbing.

The local Dunkin Donuts franchise went under as a whole. They're shutting down their last shop today.

Also, there's a national holiday on Wednesday and I have no idea at all what to make for dinner that day. All in all, I'm dazed and confused today, and that's not because of the heat.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, and allergies can spontaneously develop too.

Already planned to avoid using it for the foreseeable future, just annoying as I went all in due to never having skin issues before. So all my spare bedding and clothes are currently conditioned. Shame as everything was coming out so soft (I only recently started giving a damn as some of my new shirts were so comfy).

Just so itchy, need to pick up something for it tomorrow as my tube of savlon won't last long.

I actually have some hayfever and allergy tablets as I bought some for preparedness with hayfever as I may suffer from it (not really sure, but I'm more "cold-like" during summer months).

Took one as soon as I remembered I had then in my ruck. The itching is getting better, either through removal of my shirt (could have been a chemical or some such at work, was cleaning mould out of a fan) or the tablet.

I need one more hard drive, it turned out that recording and streaming gameplay video while a game is installed on the same drive can do a number on the game's performance. So I'll get myself a new 2TB one for programs, and leave the old 1TB for loose data like videos, downloads, temp files and music library.

So today I went to the garage to continue sand blasting the roll cage in the track car.

I did that, I also cut down the mounting hardware for the Pinz headlights so that I could fit my new LED headlights.
I did that too.

While I was doing that, someone smashed the window on my friend's Clio outside the garage.
We saw nothing.

Death isn't enough for those turds.

Archived