My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Oh no, the place was fully accessible. Just in another country - possibly the worst country to travel to without insurance.

We could probably just decide to go anyway, without the insurance, but that would be insane. So we're not even considering it.

There's talk of them providing an alternative in the UK, possibly one of those centre parks type places. But no matter how awesome it is, it's not going to be a trip to New York.

Not to sound ungrateful, but you know what I mean - if you'd been told you'd won a week at centre parks you'd be thrilled, when you're told you won a trip to New York but can't go so here's a week at centre parks instead, it's somehow not as exciting...

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't.

Apparently there's a difference between 'terminally ill' and just 'ill' - the Make a Wish kids probably don't need insurance anyway, the organisation could probably afford to cover it.

Also, strange as it might sound, most people with cancer aren't actually that disabled.

If the wife had cancer, we'd have had less trouble. A lot less.

Believe it or not, the diabetes was one of the biggest hurdles - especially with multiple medications and neuropathy in the extremities, which apparently mean it's 'uncontrolled' and therefore a much greater risk.

That and the 'irritractable epilepsy', 'heart attack within the last six months', 'cardiac arrest within the last year', 'multiple hospital admissions', 'chronic infections', 'polypharmacy', 'travelling with controlled drugs', '24-hour oxygen support'...

I almost wish it was something as simple as cancer.

Man that is brutal.  How much would insurance be?  It's only for a week.  Could try crowdfunding.  If the blog is involved in something that has the clout the put all that on in NY, it must have a substantial user base.  If they found out one of their award winners couldn't make it due to to insurance, some funds might show up.  Wishful thinking I know.  I mean, everything has it's price. 

It's not that insurance is too expensive, it's that no company would provide it at any price.

The blog people were the ones trying to organise the insurance, they were paying for that too. The entire trip was pretty much all expenses paid, we'd only have to pay for getting to the airport at this end.

It's very disappointing.

17 hours ago, Hedganian said:

Well, because not one company would give the wife insurance - given her many, many *many* health problems - so we can't go.

Bugger.

There has to be some way of pressuring the insurance companies into providing some kind of cover.

It would be good press for them, a feel good story as the entire world slides into the apocalypse.

You want to find one of the companies that has some kind of hipster, good guy public persona and push them into a corner.  Perhaps with some kind of Reddit/Facebook indignation.

I'd have thought the blog people would have covered that.

These companies aren't run by people, they're run by soulless automatons who will cut someone's cover a month from the end of a twelve month series of treatments that would essentially cure their condition and mean the company would have next to no payments for a decade just to save money 'thus month'.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:12 PM, Gunmane said:

Clearly that is when the start of Stunt's Britain begins and all of Arnies gathers to weather out the first hit before reclaiming Britain in his name.

What about the Scottish cannibals?

Anyway, the weather sucks and I had difficulties getting up this morning. Which is strange, as yesterday I had no such problems, and it was Monday.

Android auto. 

Anyone use it/try to use it? 

It's given me no end of problems, and my car won't even register a phone is connected now. 

I've tried 4 leads, which have worked in the past. Even the Sony one my phone came with now won't work. Can anyone recommend a fast data lead in USB-c please? 

Cheers guys. 

Not to sound like an *albartroth*, but have you actually tried the leads? 

I have a couple now that are supposedly fast at data transfer but my car/android auto say different. 

I appreciate that the app is properly horrendous. It really is. Thinking your the boy bopping along to Spotify on at full whack, using your car display as a controller is all cool and stuff, but when it's dropping out every 5 minutes and saying 'please connect a smartphone', it gets old real quick. 

Not even sure its a lead problem, the app seems buggy as *fruitcage* if you Google it. 

Meh, real first world problems. Cheers for the help though. I shall order an anker lead and test. They are also cheaper than I thought! 

Archived