Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, amateurstuntman said:

That is garbage.
Like a Peugeot.

1 hour ago, shmook said:

I agree also, peugeots are horrendous to work on.

I recently had a 110 degree opening door due to idiocy, an idiot and reversing.  Courtesy car was a peugeot 208 with 300 miles on the clock.  Quite possibly the cheapest, nastiest car i've driven for a while.

And that's over an automatic Fiat 500 on holiday - which was almost exactly like driving Mario Kart with all the insane Italian drivers throwing abuse and things at you.

2 hours ago, shmook said:

Yep, I wouldn't mind if it was a play thing, but I want something I can rely on as a daily driver. 

I agree also, peugeots are horrendous to work on. The best are fords. I reckon you could strip a whole one down with a 10mm and 13mm spanner... 😂 

Or 45 minutes to wait for all the parts to just fall off...

The easiest car I have worked on was a Honda S2000.  With the exception of changing the side lights which meant removing the front wheels and arch liners that car was a joy.
Not a single fastener had corroded in 12 years.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:10 AM, Got Wood? said:

What’s the rating on BMW then?

Five bellends out of five. BMW drivers are universally loathed, moreso than Vauxhall and VW Golf drivers. Not worth repairing if you're treated like a lunatic pariah on the road...

I for the life of me cannot find a single shop that has old 9.6v nimh sticks with deans already on.  I've seen 8.4v and 10v nimh in nunchuck/butterfly style in the rare examples, but nothing else.  I know I'm too stubborn to switch to lipos, and I'm likely too stupid with my hands to solder deans on myself.  I just want to buy two sticks ready to go, go get this one wiring harness set that comes with deans, and slap'em into my old frankenkalash and see if it even works.

For some reason though, I often get search results showing what I need being sold on amazon for the UK and rest of Europe, but apparently such a concept never reached us here, we just all jumped to lipos save for old farts like me.

I just not sure how any of my Frankenstein replicas are going to handle even a 7.2v.  Getting a lipo for just one or two replicas (depending on how many wire sets I buy) whilst the rest are remaining nimh seems like a clutter, unless I get a few lipos with tamiyas too.

I just suspect I'd be the sort to forget about lipo maintenance and end up on the local news somehow XD

NiMH batteries were never really suitable for AEGs - NiCd has a better discharge curve, LiPo or even LiFe are much better than either.

If your guns can run a 9.6V NiMH it should be fine with a 7.2V 2 cell LiPo.

Make sure you've got a mosfet in place - you'll destroy your trigger contacts otherwise.

Convert any remaining AEGs to deans, don't bother with Tamiya connectors. They're .

4 hours ago, Gunmane said:

I just not sure how any of my Frankenstein replicas are going to handle even a 7.2v.  Getting a lipo for just one or two replicas (depending on how many wire sets I buy) whilst the rest are remaining nimh seems like a clutter, unless I get a few lipos with tamiyas too.

I just suspect I'd be the sort to forget about lipo maintenance and end up on the local news somehow XD

My stock 2007 classic army loved lipo batteries, they are fine as long as you don't get silly! 

Archived