My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

1 hour ago, Hedganian said:

On topic - my detachment commander gave me three hours' notice that he's not coming in tonight.

He still hasn't sent me the training plan as promised three weeks ago. So I've got no clue what we're supposed to be doing and have nothing planned, no other adult instructors and just have to wing it on my own.

Luckily, I've got a set of keys for most of the doors in the building, so at least there's that.

Can't you just put on Saving Private Ryan or something heh.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

day at work. Couple of sicknesses, one person on Rota who can't start until next week (smooth...), other people being pretty *fruitcage* useless, my left wrist still hurts when I did something to it when emptying glass bins (thinking it might be time for a medical opinion) and I feel like I'm about to cough up a lung, still get more done than a bunch of my colleagues, including our Deputy who is admittedly pregnant but she was useless beforehand.

Was meant to finish at 12 (starting officially at 4 but on site at 3 to catch up on stuff) and I was then going to catch up on some essential admin as pub manager has been tied up in meetings and he left me a list. Unfortunately due to today's staffing I was working until 2 and then fragged out so got nothing done. Have to try and sort it tomorrow now and attempt to negotiate an early release tomorrow or Sat as we don't do overtime (contracted hours only as a manager and if you log over your contracted you actually hurt yourself as you then need to save more hours with other staff, which if you're staying on likely isn't feasible).

Also ordered takeaway, which whilst delicious is gonna add back to the weight I've lost.

Sometimes I just wonder what goes on for procurement in my workplace.  Spent most of the day boxing up Meringue powder that they don't have an order for yet but are having us run it anyways "as preparation."  800 boxes and we are not even halfway done yet...

According to my coworkers there has been times in the past where they did stuff like this and the company ended up getting burned.

Legs keep tearing up no matter what I do stretch or workout wise.

As for coups to put Stunt in charge, I've always fancied myself a Militarist.  Course, over here it would never go well as general opinion among folks in and out is of a rotting core, much like with everything else.

10 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

W-where does this fit into PACE officer ;)

When they started to fight me and think there wouldn't be any repercussions. 

Handy hint to scrotes, cops don't take kindly to being hit, kicked or bitten/spat at, and will generally not just use nice words to stop it. We got issued pava, and metal bars whose sole use was to twat people with, ffs.

Why would you fight someone who was legally allowed to blind you and wallop you with a lump of steel? 

Reminds me of the old wooden one my father gave me as a keepsake years ago, and the other one he has stuffed away in some container.

I've found out with great sadness that whilst the lipo batteries and kit for them might arrive today, the wire sets I bought and whatnot will not be here till at the earliest monday, which means I don't get to spend the evening after work trying to switch two aegs over to lipo in time for game tomorrow.

I assume I should at least get the lipos into a storage state via the charger's storage mode right?

Just fully charge them. If you *really* want to, run a discharge/charge cycle if you've got a good balance charger.

You don't need to put them in storage mode unless you're not going to use them for months - even then they'll likely be fine.

I lost my LiPo packs for about 5 years. Finally found them in a sealed metal box under a pile of other stuff in my shed. They still had about 3/4 capacity, were pretty well balanced and worked fine.

I replaced them anyway, just to be safe, but I don't think it was necessary.

Oh, and you *do* have a low voltage LiPo warning alarm for your AEGs, right? Over draining the packs *will* damage them, you must change pack as soon as the alarm sounds, don't keep firing a bit longer.

Ja, I bought all the goodies from HobbyKing, so I have the alarms and balance charger.  Wiring sets don't come till Monday and I figured I can at least check out what condition they are currently in till then.

Despite my supposed youth I just feel old and figure I'll probably *fruitcage* something up if I leave them be atm, or do so regardless.:P

Boxes they came in have a label saying "Warning, shipped at 30 percent charge, return to storage charge asap,"

Of course, in my bumbling idiocy I forgot to get adaptors for both the powersupply and the batteries themselves for the xt 60 plugs the charger uses...

Gott Verdammt do I hate my brain sometimes.

To top it all off there is a dead mouse in the wall next to bed so awful smell for weeks ahead.

Good charger, I've got the 50W version. I got it from Component Shop with the power supply and airsoft charging lead set at the same time.

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/airsoft-battery-charging-harness.html

It's got all the connectors I could need for my LiPo packs, even the special ones for my MP7s (via an adapter with a mini Tamiya).

Average isn't even particularly special.

For someone to appear unusually intelligent in conversation they need to be up in the 130+ iq region.

They also need to be educated (which is not the same as intelligent)[it may be more important though].

A person with an iq of 70 might as well be a clever dog.  Both are the same distance from average though.

Intelligence is an odd thing.

And can be a curse.

I have 2 dogs.

they are surprisingly clever. And also surprisingly stupid. For they are dogs. I have mentioned the cunning and ability to plan revenge in the oldest previously on here though. She is a wily thing.

my rant today? The rocky films. Pauly is a twat. Repeatedly and vociferously. I know they are films, but he got away with so much it is untrue. If he was my brother in law, my arm would be tired from smacking him rotten (see my previous posts about educating with violence...)

meh. Also got a spare dog for the weekend, as my sisters Labrador is visiting. Labradors are the beggiest dogs ever. i say this from experience.

My fridge stopped working. The freezer works, the cooler doesn't.

It's a cheap model, so both should run on the same compressor, which makes the entire thing weird. I switched it off in the morning, I hope that when things cool down, warm up or whatever, it'll start working again. Otherwise, I'll have to call a technician.

Two year old fridge, two and a half give or take a week. I had to stab the previous one by accident to break it after over a decade.

Archived