My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sandstorm said:

Mije, could be a clig in the coolant routing if one part works and the other doesn't. Or vould be neither side actually and fridgeside just has better insulation...

Probably, which is why I'm looking for a repairman and not a new fridge. That and - the freezer works (it's on the bottom of the fridge), the cooler doesn't. Leaving the entire thing off and unplugged for 10 hours didn't help, though, so it's not like something froze there.

Also, repair shops are some serious bull *suitcase*. Yesterday evening, I called one supposed repair shop that turned out to be some centralized company that dispatches orders to repair shops countrywide. Sure, they took my order, asking only for the brand and model number, and said that the repair shop will contact me in the next three working days.

This morning, I called a repair shop near my home. They asked me for the fridge's serial number that, unsurprisingly, I haven't noted down because why even bother with such bull *suitcase*. Imagine my surprise when they called at 2PM asking if the repairman can come on Monday. And I'm "wait a minute, what the *fruitcage* is going on, did you take my order or not?". I mean, what the *fruitcage*. Do they want that *fruitcage* serial number or not? Because what, some "procedures" they cooked up to stop people from bothering them? *Ubarflock*. *Ubarflock*, I tell ye!

I have a course on where the trainee should have been driving today.
He showed up hung over/still drunk and was rather peeved to discover that instead of going for a nice relaxing drive we thought it would be a better use of his time to unroll and re-roll 30 cam nets.

He got off lightly then.

we send people home and they don't get paid for the day.

my rant? I managed to break the strongest leatherman they make. I wasn't even abusing it, but a piece of metal sheared and a large springy bit bent.

However, I rang the uk warranty people and they said they will sort me a new one out, along with my other broken PS4. No hassle, no explanation needed once I described the damage. Really really helpful!

Somehow managed to break a gearbox shell, bit frustrated all day dealing with this *suitcase*.   Currently using the rear wire set for my full stock kalash, but for some inexplicable reason, it will only shoot semi when not in the receiver,  the moment I have everything together, even with selector parts set to semi and held that way through the entire process, it goes back to full auto only.

Already making me regret this whole lipo switch over, and I fear just swapping out the  front wire sets on the bizon might do the same *suitcase* to me.  Going off to work out to try and collect myself, but dear Gott has this made never want to open up another aeg ever again.  I've given up on converting the rpk simply out of spite for lct's screw system.  If I ever buy another replica, I want it deans by default and able to take down without wanting to smash my head into a wall.

Somehow managed to break a gearbox shell, bit frustrated all day dealing with this *suitcase*.   Currently using the rear wire set for my full stock kalash, but for some inexplicable reason, it will only shoot semi when not in the receiver,  the moment I have everything together, even with selector parts set to semi and held that way through the entire process, it goes back to full auto only.
Already making me regret this whole lipo switch over, and I fear just swapping out the  front wire sets on the bizon might do the same *suitcase* to me.  Going off to work out to try and collect myself, but dear Gott has this made never want to open up another aeg ever again.  I've given up on converting the rpk simply out of spite for lct's screw system.  If I ever buy another replica, I want it deans by default and able to take down without wanting to smash my head into a wall.
Take it all apart, all the way, put it back together.

V3 gearboxes are the best

Ah no, it not the lipos themselves, just the process I went through to get the wire sets installed.  I finally got the one to shoot semi whilst in receiver just now, and redid the bizon gearbox earlier this morning.  That one is all stock so it didn't have as much trouble getting back together.  Almost debated putting a non-ported cylinder in since I use .25 in it normally, but decided to leave as is (oddly enough both the gearbox shell and the cylinder are ported).

Just waiting on the super glue to set on the hopup arm and flat nub before I start the "fun" part of seeing how to get the bizon back together.  I figure the results will be interesting to see since the bizon receiver internal size makes the hop up on always by default by nearly half length.

I am wondering whether or not a short female deans to males deans connector might be in order for the full stock kalash, as the wiring is just short enough inside the stock to make battery connecting/disconnecting a bit finicky.

Version 3 are all I have ever worked on, but yeah, save for the trigger unit they are the best.

Second one of the airsoft groups I help admin got shut down by Facebook for "violating the community standards" even though we had tightened it right down and there was nothing against the rules on there.

Facebook obviously don't want airsoft on their website.

I've posted in my other groups telling people to head back to the forums and pointed them here.

It'd be nice to see a revival of this site...

It winds me right up.  You'll be scrolling through and see something but then you scroll a but more and boom, everything re-jiggles itself and it's somehow gone and you have to mess with the display setting.  I seriously hate it.  It's a dying platform anyway.

On 10/4/2018 at 3:32 PM, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

God, imagine being this peeved when a repair company asks if it's OK to come and repair something after you requested they come and repair something

Correction: after having the company REFUSE with a particularly BS excuse, then pick up the request from a middleman without the excuse, then having them a mistake about the arrangement (because they called me on Thursday and asked if the Friday date was OK, so I asked "what Friday date?" and they said they had it scheduled on Friday - when they didn't, causing me to waste a day off), and finally asking Ł35 for a fifteen-minute fix (on top of a Ł35 replacement part).

Also, my friend is turning into a bible-thumping kook.

1 hour ago, Mike_West said:

Correction: after having the company REFUSE with a particularly BS excuse, then pick up the request from a middleman without the excuse, then having them a mistake about the arrangement (because they called me on Thursday and asked if the Friday date was OK, so I asked "what Friday date?" and they said they had it scheduled on Friday - when they didn't, causing me to waste a day off), and finally asking Ł35 for a fifteen-minute fix (on top of a Ł35 replacement part).

Also, my friend is turning into a bible-thumping kook.

Also, repair shops are some serious bull *suitcase*. Yesterday evening, I called one supposed repair shop that turned out to be some centralized company that dispatches orders to repair shops countrywide. Sure, they took my order, asking only for the brand and model number, and said that the repair shop will contact me in the next three working days. Company 1, subbing out to SubCompany1

This morning, I called a repair shop Company 2? near my home. They asked me for the fridge's serial number that, unsurprisingly, I haven't noted down because why even bother with such bull *suitcase*. Imagine my surprise when they called at 2PM asking if the repairman can come on Monday.Still Company 2? And I'm "wait a minute, what the *fruitcage* is going on, did you take my order or not?"Is this Company 1 or 2? I mean, what the *fruitcage*. Do they want that *fruitcage* serial number or not?Does it matter if they're wanting to visit? Because what, some "procedures" they cooked up to stop people from bothering them? *Ubarflock*. *Ubarflock*, I tell ye!

Not to be harsh here but after years of reading your various diatribes covering how every single blunder is down to someone else, I can honestly empathise with whoever picks up your calls...

My rant? Dishwasher has packed in. 

And my boiler. Both are old, doubtful parts are available. This could be Spendy. 

But first, let's pull them apart and poke around with screwdrivers! 

Edit, it's car insurance month for me too. I won't get a renewal quote as I was with police mutual, and as I'm no longer a cop they won't cover me again... 

21 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Not to be harsh here but after years of reading your various diatribes covering how every single blunder is down to someone else, I can honestly empathise with whoever picks up your calls...

Well, Company 2 is, as it turned out, Subcompany 1. They're also taking orders of their own, but demand unreasonable things (I mean, c'mon, why be so anal-retentive as to demand serial number of the fridge and refuse to take an order otherwise, when orders sent from Company 1 don't require those, just the model number?), and their contact person was apparently confused while calling me as not only she confused Friday and Monday, but also fridge and washing machine. During the same call. When I asked her if she's sure that's what she means.

Also, I would like to remind you, some people here, particularly the higher-ups in various companies and, particularly, government offices, tend to create procedures that are heavy on bureaucrazy. Those procedures may contradict other procedures, laws and common sense, but none of that is a reason to change them.

Archived