My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... Some people may be aware that the Royal British Legion has been releasing brass poppy badges made from recovered WW1 shell fuses.

I've got one every year, mostly paid for by my in laws as Xmas gifts, except this year's one which was pulled from sale without explanation before I could order it.

So, I've been searching around to try to get hold of one, perhaps someone received one as an unwanted gift or bought a spare one to give to someone else but never did.

So far, the only one I've found for sale is part of someone selling the full set of five... For TWELVE HUNDRED POUNDS.

That's an average of six times what they cost to buy from the Legion in the first place.

Obviously I don't need the others, and there's no way I could afford to pay that much.

I'm very frustrated.

In a way I can't blame them - these things were limited production runs when they were made, this year's one was only available for about a month before being pulled for whatever reason.

Supply and demand, and so on. Same as gig tickets, I guess.

It's just annoying when you know what the original price was.

I saw a listing for the Somme one (2016) on its own end at £260. So £1200 for the five isn't far off what the market will bear.

I just can't afford it.

If the guy had listed them separately instead of one lot, I might have gone for it on the one I want to complete my collection.

I opened my car passenger window this morning. 

Stiraght down and straight back up, to wipe off the surface water. In those few seconds, a bird managed to *suitcase* through it. 

Imaging the minute odds of that happening through a gap that viewed from above is around 40mm wide. 

Hell of a shot. 

And I'm annoyed. Stupid birds. 

So I was looking for Glock compensators. The one I like costs $75, mounts on the spring guide... and it's for real steel.

Reminds me of that time when I was considering sourcing that Kel-Tec folding rifle stock (SU-16 was it?) for a WE PLR-16 related project (because admit it, a suppressed SU-16 SBR build would look hella cool). I mean, I managed to source a RS cylinder axis screw and nut for my Tanaka SAA, and it works, but there's a difference between "some screw" and "half a gun" to the jobsworths at customs office.

Ordered a bargain Canon 5D (original) as they apparently still hold up as a DSLR and they also take the same batteries as my 30D.

Was supposedly delivered yesterday, thing is I selected Argos click and collect. They've no knowledge of the parcel and the seller didn't have my personal address (however I feel UPS might have somehow, invoice address maybe). But it's not here. Only thing I can think of is they possibly delivered it next door (neighbour was out yesterday so couldn't ask).

So I'm now on my way home hoping they're in and it's there...

Buying quality wireless headphones and then discover that there are no quality Bluetooth transmitters available that accept a Apt-X HD or LDAC connection and have a Optical TOSLINK and USB input.

At the moment I'm using a generic Chinese ADC's with a 3.5mm connection into my television's headphone output "conveniently" placed at the middle-back of the TV.
Absolutely *suitcasey* quality, terrible high noise shut-off, USB power in is extremely dirty and the battery constantly needs changing.

Whats so hard at producing a quality bluetooth transmitter when you got umpteen quality bluetooth receivers from grand names?

So i'm saving up for a SONY AV-receiver that supports LDAC... -sigh-

There is no water here.

Water tower has imploded and the water pressure very low.  No water for a shower this morning and not good enough to flush a toilet.  As I have just discovered.

Post gym I shall be sitting here sweaty.  Solution from the contractor is to deliver bottled water.  Is it acceptable to have a gravity shower using 500ml bottles?

Switch to survival mode. Yes, you can justify using drinkable, bottled water for hygienic ends. You don't want to walk around like a stinking savage and tapwater is drinkable as well. Lots of bottled water is in fact tapwater bottled. Don't worry :).
Recycle the Pet though.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Hedganian said:

Yes. Did it in Afghanistan. Was lovely and warm too, having brought a case of bottles in that had been sitting in the sun all day.

The sun isn't quite as strong as in Hampshire.

3 hours ago, Lone_Bullet said:

...justify using drinkable, bottled water for hygienic ends....

The chef wasn't allowed to cook or prepare any food.  We're not trusted to do it ourselves.

No food prepared at all anywhere.  The local petrol station was spanked for Ginsters.

Why oh why does APS have to use their own silencer adapter standard? Of course it's a full milimeter wider on the gun side, to boot.

Also, the dollar exchange rate skyrocketed while I wasn't looking, so you can safely assume that sourcing a WE or KJW Glock 18 from HK was out of the question, particularly considering that I got that APS thinger for under 100 quid.

Archived