My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

Gunmane - your dog loves you. He loves you more than he loves himself - this is true of few other creatures on earth.

He would fight to the death for you if he had to, while there's breath left in his body he would stand between you and harm. You do him a disservice by considering harming yourself - your dog can't protect you from yourself.

It's heartbreaking to see a dog get old or suffer. All you can do is make things as good as possible in the time he has left and know that you have him a good life.

I hope things improve. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll echo Shmook. I've lost good people to suicide and it hurts so much. I've also been there myself, several times. Fortunately I came round and occasionally still have those thoughts but more fleeting as opposed to actually going through the motions. I couldn't do that to my family.

If you ever need to talk you are welcome to inbox me and I'll get back to you ASAP. I'm not a professional but I'm happy to just shoot the breeze.

Thanks for the chat everyone.  Trying to keep my mind together with hopefully getting Winston recovered, but it a long process.  I took today off work to watch him and two days next week.  My folks got into such a heated spout though one night that I started thinking I had to find an apartment for me and my mother to get away from my father but so far they seem to be simmering down again.

On another note, blew money on the wrong motor type for my seemingly futile repair works, bit irritated at my stupidity there.

Wish I could tune out the radio at work with my phone and some headphones, but have to be able to hear what I can despite the noise of the machines and said radio blaring, and something about laws and company policy.

Today was Christmas music day, I heard the Chipmunks song at least twice...

Took tomorrow off to watch dog for last possible time for awhile, and going to be utterly bored all day most likely.  I've spent most of this evening staring at the rare stuff that I have an interest in getting that is actually stateside and not wallet breaking, but it all either wrong size either potentially too small/big, missing bits hard to get as well, or shipping killing it.

Apparently there was a glitch on Amazon the other day where they were selling £100 gift voucher codes for £0.01. Amazon honoured them all - it cost them £25,000 before they fixed it.

One of the wife's friends text her about it in good time, but she was asleep and feeling ill so she didn't read it. The friend got £200, we got nothing. As usual.

Was all set to go to a game tomorrow, local field was unexpectedly holding another game despite the last one being the supposed last game for the year.

Except my mother took my car out and manage to kill the battery somehow, and then my father managed to in the process of jumping it kill the heating and dashboard systems.  Too dark out to look at all the fuses and electrical measures.

Truck doesn't have the space to hold everything (no cover for the back), and her car is burning oil and can't risk it also failing.  Overall just depressed and angry.  So much for salvaging this bday weekend.

At work we have Iveco trucks and they are fitted with the standard NATO starting socket.
The usual SOP is to plug the dead truck into a live truck and start it.

If you do that to the Iveco it will catch fire.  You have to turn on all the electrics in the dead truck (lights, horn, wipers, heater, the lot) for 5 minutes before and after you start it.

Imagine that in a harbour area with the Russians looking for you.
You'd be dead to artillery before the truck even got started.

My daft little car needs an engine rebuild. There is oil in the radiator.

Which means I'm stuck with the choice of either not seeing the family at Christmas, going on the motorcycle if the weather allows, or going down with my sister and leaving my gf on her own until boxing day (Christmas day is her birthday)

She's working most of the day. (Health care assistant in a secure mental health unit)

She wants me to go so I'm not on my own all day. I don't want her coming home to an empty house.

Hopefully, it will be a dry and mild Christmas day and the bike becomes a viable option. As much as I hate motorway biking. 

I'm the sick *bramston pickle* that would rather be working all of Christmas than having it off like I am forced to.

Two fuses were blown, a 30amp one for the heater, and a radio one in the back seat, spent most of the morning checking every fuse box.  Of course, that still leaves the question of why the battery failed mother despite reading as still in good shape, and how she got the left turn blinker to stay on long enough to attract a pull over by a local cop (tested it several times myself and nothing happening).  If there is indeed a short in the module for them, it going to be a pain to get said module out given how cramp the car is.

Hope the weather prevails for you Scorch so you two can stay together.  I'd still advocate to stay with her over family, but that just my jaded cynical self typing.

Archived