My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people will just have to deal with it if their Wi-Fi goes down for a brief period whilst they're trying to take out a nuisance drone. 

Oh no, people can't look at *suitcase* on IG for a while.  End of the world.

And then the clerical office of Gatwick shuts down, because Wifi is more than just your dumb phone to the IG link...And the amount of power needed to cover the whole airport and the 1km exclusion zone around it...

At least the plod has made arrests about this, two people so far. And if I'm reading the tidbits right, they're going to be charged for terrorism. But sheesh, if they were trying to shift public opinion against flying, that sure isn't happening.

The sky app. Just did a search for, and it came up with no showings, apart from those in sky cinema, which I don't have and must pay extra for. 

Searching on the actual sky box with he remote control (which is very clunky and awkward to use) shows the film on channel 4+1, so obviously no subscription or payment needed. 

That's naughty when you already pay  a lot for sky... 

• 2 weeks later...

I opened a dead imaging head from the laser printer at work today out of curiosity. 

Turns out they're full of toner. 

It went everywhere, and we have no vacuum cleaner at work. Trying to clean printer toner up with a dustpan and brush just creates clouds of printer toner.

I looked like I had made a poor attempt at blackface.

I shall continue to disassemble things to see how they work though. I'm all about that tinkerer life.

5 minutes ago, scorch said:

I opened a dead imaging head from the laser printer at work today out of curiosity. 

Turns out they're full of toner. 

It went everywhere, and we have no vacuum cleaner at work. Trying to clean printer toner up with a dustpan and brush just creates butts of printer toner.

I looked like I had made a poor attempt at blackface.

I shall continue to disassemble things to see how they work though. I'm all about that tinkerer life.

Eek, I would try to clean that up as best as possible - it's really carcinogenic!

A normal vacuum cleaner probably wouldn't be as useful as you might think as toner is so fine and goes through filters unless you've got something like a Dyson or other HEPA grade filtered vacuum.

Please tell me it didn't go on carpet.

I would definitely want a mask and gloves for that job.

3 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

In California, pretty much everything has a sticker on it warning of cancer risks.  Even Disneyland.

Yep, the company I work for has to label certain products that have natural caramel color in them now because that place decided a color is carcinogenic.

Of course, most of anything we ship out there is clear flavorings that are definitely not used for vape product distributors...

Today I am annoyed that the stupid login/register pop up on facebook for most of the pages I used to visit (I refuse to have an account on there) now doesn't even have the "not now" function.  Tried blocking it via supposed methods in ublock origin but no dice.  Rather sad because I can't view place like Northern Pact anymore.

If you want flammable boy do I have a list of flavoring materials for you.  Bubblegum, cotten candy, etc. all covered in flammable warning signs.  Frankly I am surprised none of it has caught flame before.

Overexerted myself at work today, probably made my abdominal strain worse and it unlikely to ever get better.  Family *suitcase* just piling up and I am just in a foggy state when I get back home often.  Keep holding back on buying *suitcase* I am interested in for some inexplicable reason.

Best defence against a knife attack is running. It was also the first rule I was taught in my Kung Fu classes, if you can escape conflict, do it.

However, what Stunt says also applies. I'm not really a runner but I can tab all day which I hope helps me in my SAR selection day in just over 8 weeks time. But in that circumstance I have to be prepared to move towards danger, which I'm happy saying I'll do but until in the situation who knows?

Definitely, I still remember my "DR ABC" from my old first aid course. Always assess and respond appropriately. Big thing recently is water rescue, the water can be incredibly cold even if air temp is pleasant and that could send you into shock, costing you your life. Unless you're a qualified rescue swimmer you should never try to assist by jumping in yourself. As to whether or not I would, I couldn't say until I'd been in the situation as my drive to help others is pretty damn high.

I've had people criticise my response at work before when I took a couple of seconds to analyse a situation before coming to assist a customer. They'd fallen over into one of our plastic potted plants (he randomly came over faint and blacked out, he was fine in the end and wrote us a letter. Think it was dehydration as it was that insane summer we just had.) but I wasn't sure and something was clearly wrong, was it a slip/trip hazard, was he drunk, on drugs, of unsound mind, if he was agitated and startled could he cause me harm?

Assessment took literally seconds but I was covering my own safety as well as the safety of others.

Archived