My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Hedganian said:

I might put some on my birthday list.

To me, pain aside, it's nothing special. Tyh ere are far finer drinks around. 

Something I've taken a fancy to is kings ginger. Now that is delicious! 

12 minutes ago, Hedganian said:

Never heard of it. Do explain?

King's Ginger Liqueur https://g.co/kgs/shXySe

Get amongst it. It's delicious. 

It also smacks you about a bit if you drink it in silly quantities...! 

Ginger (obviously), sweet, a nice depth without being complicated. It's good! 

Edit, it seems the price has gone up! You used to be able to get it for about £20 on amazon, which was the cheapest when shopping around... 

Any of you into Calvados? :D

Maybe we should start a new thread for that, or rename this one to 'Ow My Liver!!!' :D To warn the ones on the wagon to stay off the thread? Not nice to put booze talk into thread people who have need to stay off the stuff might read for other comments.

I'm currently sober until my Genetics appointment at the end of the month where I guess I finally take the next step on working out if the cysts the doctor saw were worth not drinking over again.

My dad has polycystic kidney disease, has cut out alcohol and caffeine, if I've got PKD the doctor will recommend the same, I could lose the alcohol, (begrudgingly, not a big drinker but do enjoy scotch, mead and ales) but I think the caffeine might have to be a compromise. 

So the interview for the race car company I had scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled due to, and I quote:

" significant change in circumstance around the position, and as such the position has been filled and unfortunately not available any longer. "

Sad tink.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that on Sunday night some scumbags broke into a local fire station and stole emergency cutting equipment, this also had a knock on effect on scrambling the actual engines as well meaning there was a house fire that didn't receive response in time.

Archived